U18: Czech U18

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

That looks like all the eggs in one basket to me. That first line is excellent. Not sure about next 3.

No Petr (haven't seen any updates on how bad that injury is) and Rymon (read that he will be ready for Quarters).

Expecting a loss... hope we play well, HOpe that top line shows their quality.

FTR.. If Latvians beat Swiss and we lose, they are our quarter final opponent and Canada would get Sweden. I'd be fine with that.

Reactions: Goodman68

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
After 2-3 viewings of Hamara playing for Tappara I had concerns but I'll admit I was wrong about him. Thought there were some problems with the IQ/decision making but I think I'll mainly attribute that to inexperience at the pro level. He's looked quite good this tournament all-around. PP moves through him and he's had great looks today specifically, good patience too. Definitely improving his stock in my eyes. Love Kulich too, been high on him all year. This Czechia team is quite impressive. I have Hamara around 50ish in my rankings, Kulich at about 20.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
After 2-3 viewings of Hamara playing for Tappara I had concerns but I'll admit I was wrong about him. Thought there were some problems with the IQ/decision making but I think I'll mainly attribute that to inexperience at the pro level. He's looked quite good this tournament all-around. PP moves through him and he's had great looks today specifically, good patience too. Definitely improving his stock in my eyes. Love Kulich too, been high on him all year. This Czechia team is quite impressive. I have Hamara around 50ish in my rankings, Kulich at about 20.
I think hamara is always younger than the comp so it's tough to get a read. I've really liked his game. What I also really like is that I might see him, jiricek and svozil on the same blue line at the U20. Just once I want to look at our D and think 'not bad'.haha

Reactions: mistaclick

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I haven't seen Hamara too much, but when I was watching a u-20 game live he was pretty invisible, even though he's pretty effective overall. You have to wonder about the potential upside for him, although my sample size for him is too small to have a confident opinion. Then again, a potential 3rd pairing guy for a second or third round pick isn't bad.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
I think hamara is always younger than the comp so it's tough to get a read. I've really liked his game. What I also really like is that I might see him, jiricek and svozil on the same blue line at the U20. Just once I want to look at our D and think 'not bad'.haha
I think we're seeing a new age for hockey from a lot of different nations as a whole, Czechia, Slovakia, Germany, and more. Pretty soon we'll be looking and thinking the whole lineup is 'not bad'! Or at least that's what I think, haha, exciting times for sure. That U20 team is going to be sneaky good, and Jiricek can be a superstar defenseman with his style of play imo, needs to work to get there physically. I keep swapping him around 2-3 in my rankings. :P

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I think we're seeing a new age for hockey from a lot of different nations as a whole, Czechia, Slovakia, Germany, and more. Pretty soon we'll be looking and thinking the whole lineup is 'not bad'! Or at least that's what I think, haha, exciting times for sure. That U20 team is going to be sneaky good, and Jiricek can be a superstar defenseman with his style of play imo, needs to work to get there physically. I keep swapping him around 2-3 in my rankings. :P
If he makes senior team I think he goes top 5. If not.. top 10. Hard when you miss half your draft season.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1650995926650.png

No question we are fueled by 3 guys on a heater and a few others (Sapo, injured Petr was looking great), Slavicek and 4th liner Plos does some neat things). Good news is we get Rymon back.

But look at the company these 3 are keeping. And I actually think it is inaccurate as Sale scored one today and I think Kulich has 6.

I never get to post things like this for Czech teams.haha

Swiss/Latvia coming up.. hope they can calm down and this wasn't their one big win! I'm expecting a tight game with a lot of nerves as we don't do well as favourites.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
That's a wrap.. I thought it was a good tourney. Glad we made semi's. Some real nice moments. We're still not at the level of Big 4 and that gap was shown with the losses to USA twice and Finland for Bronze.

Sale looks to be a Top 5 pick next year.
Kulich is now a first rounder I think.
Bares may have drawn some attention to himself.
Hamara may move up a little to 2nd round (50-50)
No idea where Sapo lands.

Biggest shame was no Petr after injury. They said 4 to 6 weeks so it won't hurt his draft season next year.

Curious if we have a new bumper crop coming with Jiricek, Kulich, Sale, Sapo and Hamara. Is this equivalent to the last bumper crop of Kaut, Hajek, Zadina, Chytil and Necas? That group hasn't taken off like I thought/hoped they would.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1655303444926.png

Here are the nominees for summer camp...

Far from my area of expertise (I don't get opiniated till U20.lol) but I see Sale (my fav prospect right now, even ahead of Jiricek), Jecho and Petr. Zidlicky is nice too as I hate it when our Czech boys (rightfully) play for US or Canada! No idea if this is a competitve group or not though.

Reactions: kudla

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad