U18: Czech U18

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Apologies if already posted...

I didn't see anything controversial and the names I hoped would be there (Hamara, Sapo, Kulich, Spunar, Sale) are all there.

We are in a pool with Canada and US so here is my tourney prediction:

1. we get anhilated by both
2. we finish third in pool
3. we get a crossover with Finn's or Swedes
4. we lose in a close game to one of them

Finish 6th for about the 100th time in the last decade (at every level)

Most excited to see how Hamara and Sale do. Sale was tearing up a Czech league playing against Czechs. I'd like to see how he does against Big 5 nations and if the hype is real. Hamara could be an NHL D one day and hoping he can raise his stock. Same with Sapo (worried about offence) and Kulich (no one really talks about him anymore).

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Good top 6 and a good first d pairing that will play a lot, is a key for a potential medal and they have it. If they can get the special teams firing, could be a team that finds itself playing for a medal
I would just like a semifinal at any level sometime soon.lol U18, U20, WC, OG... A semi would be great!

TSN is broadcasting US and Canada game (the slaughters) but not the German game (I'm guessing 1 goal game)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
In defense, everyone will watch mainly Hamara, but I hope that Prčík will also be healthy, he is not talked about at all, but he can be a player who will pleasantly surprise and be the second key defender.
And as always, if I praise someone, everything goes wrong.:phew:

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Jakub Hujer would've been nice.. he's not tilting us to gold medal status but he seems to be a big promsing 17year old.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Jakub Hujer would've been nice.. he's not tilting us to gold medal status but he seems to be a big promsing 17year old.
I don't know what the chances are of releasing him, but I'm really happy for Šapovaliv (I know, they didn't advance, so his participation was probable) and Slavíček. They are more important players than Hujer. Maybe the rest of the line-up from Europe won't be bad, probably this time from 04 it really has all the best players available.

Reactions: Czechboy

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
There is nothing on the onhockey yet and it no longer looks good .. Ridiculous that in Germany they are not able to provide at least streams.

Here they stream it on sprade.tv, but for licensing reasons their streams are only available in Germany and Austria and each game costs 5.90 Euros.
No idea why they went that way, but as you say it's ridiculous.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
There is nothing on the onhockey yet and it no longer looks good .. Ridiculous that in Germany they are not able to provide at least streams.
Usually I can find something... so frustrating. Not to mention the score as well.lol But I really wanted to watch this one.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Here they stream it on sprade.tv, but for licensing reasons their streams are only available in Germany and Austria and each game costs 5.90 Euros.
No idea why they went that way, but as you say it's ridiculous.
They cancelled the stream. Or at least I can't seem to book the game.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
They cancelled the stream. Or at least I can't seem to book the game.

Yeah, I also jsut saw that. They are only broadcasting, but are not the ones producing the signal. Not sure who is responsible for that, but whoever it is, just switched off the streams after they were not able to produce a stable signal. They didn't even inform sprade.tv before they shut off the streams.

This is even more embarassing than the first period shot clock for Germany.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah, I also jsut saw that. They are only broadcasting, but are not the ones producing the signal. Not sure who is responsible for that, but whoever it is, just switched off the streams after they were not able to produce a stable signal. They didn't even inform sprade.tv before they shut off the streams.

This is even more embarassing than the first period shot clock for Germany.
Who are now up 2-1... good for Germany.... Thank goodness I can watch US/Canada thump us while missing out on the close game.

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany

Nice goal by Slavicek

Not so sure what is "incredible" about this breakaway. At least the part you can see in the video seems more or less regular. The finish is nice and I like the celebration, because they must have been so relieved to finally put one in the net.

The most "incredible" thing about this goal is that the IIHF has actually managed to get some piece of video from this game out there.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not so sure what is "incredible" about this breakaway. At least the part you can see in the video seems more or less regular. The finish is nice and I like the celebration, because they must have been so relieved to finally put one in the net.

The most "incredible" thing about this goal is that the IIHF has actually managed to get some piece of video from this game out there.
I was able to watch u17 exhibition matches last weekend... but the World Championship game is unavailable everywhere.lol

Maverick41

Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
I was able to watch u17 exhibition matches last weekend... but the World Championship game is unavailable everywhere.lol
It really is beyond insane. There are some club teams in Germany where I can watch streams from their U20 to U11 teams on most weekends during the season, but this one gets screwed up.

I really want to know who is responsible for this. IIHF? DEB? The arenas they are playing at? Some company that was hired?
There have to be some consequences.

Looks like Czechia is going to win this, as they should. Germans are starting to take penalties, and once they start they never stop.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale with 2 points! 3-2 now for Czechs. Not bitter at all I can't find a stream. Senior team is losing 3-2 to Slovakia... got a great feed for that one.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
It really is beyond insane. There are some club teams in Germany where I can watch streams from their U20 to U11 teams on most weekends during the season, but this one gets screwed up.

I really want to know who is responsible for this. IIHF? DEB? The arenas they are playing at? Some company that was hired?
There have to be some consequences.

Looks like Czechia is going to win this, as they should. Germans are starting to take penalties, and once they start they never stop.
We will see.. I've never seen a stat line like 30 shots to 1 and a tie game.lol That is a unique ability that only a Czech team could pull off.

It's a German game in Germany at the World's... I'm in shock there is no broadcast. Even the shitty ones with an Ipad on a tripod would be welcome!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad