WC: Czech Team 2022

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
View attachment 557333

We are losing more guys than I thought.... I highlighted who I think will be in the NHL next season. Hope I'm wrong as always!
Just saw that I missed a frk signing in st Louis... 750nhl and 500 AHL.

So all our RFA's are signed full time and 5 of 8 ufas have a chance at NHL next year.

So we may lose kempny, simon and Jaskin from NHL.

However, sedlak and knot were bonuses I didn't see signing. Blumel as well.

Guys I'm really curious about are galvas, lauko, jenik, skarek, dostal, Kaut, zohorna and Kral. Hoping for some NHL time for them.

Other guys I wonder about are has, teply, mysak, pytlik and where they end up.

And, of course, raska my favorite pinball

Might have more NHL games this season then last.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

So all our RFA's are signed full time and 5 of 8 ufas have a chance at NHL next year.

Guys I'm really curious about are galvas, lauko, jenik, skarek, dostal, Kaut, zohorna and Kral. Hoping for some NHL time for them.

Kempny signed a 1way contract on Seattle.

So just simon and Jaskin aren't coming back to NHL ... Wow. I thought it'd go a lot worse!

We may have more Czechs in NHL next year then we have in years!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Kempny signed a 1way contract on Seattle.

So just simon and Jaskin aren't coming back to NHL ... Wow. I thought it'd go a lot worse!

We may have more Czechs in NHL next year then we have in years!

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
I found Hamara really good yesterday. I'm an Ottawa fan so maybe biased:laugh:
23:55 mn and +1 rating is great in a 5-1 loss.

Reactions: Czechboy

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
I found Hamara really good yesterday. I'm an Ottawa fan so maybe biased:laugh:
23:55 mn and +1 rating is great in a 5-1 loss.
I expect more from him and other d-men. Defense was considered as team Czech's strength, but I think they fell short of expectation.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019
He is one of the youngest, i didn't expect a lot, at least less than Jiricek.
Hamara was meh the first 2 games not playing much but yesterday i have nothing bad to say about his game.

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
He is one of the youngest, i didn't expect a lot, at least less than Jiricek.
Hamara was meh the first 2 games not playing much but yesterday i have nothing bad to say about his game.
Yes. He is good, as well as the whole team, they played very well despite missing some key players. It's just that before the game a lot of people thought their D-men were going to be dominant, I set my expectations too high, it's my fault not their.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
How has Jiricek looked? I saw McTavish blew right by him for one goal yesterday, which obviously isn't good, but how has the play in general been?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Why no svozil?

Glad we played backup... Scheduled loss and move on.

In better news... There was a 5 nations U17 tourney in Colorado and czechs won it by going undefeated and scoring a LOT! Kos and svozil were on team so some good siblings coming.

Bronze at world's.. final 4 at U18 and Hlinka. Not sure if we are improving or if missing a good nation is inflating our results.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Why no svozil?

Glad we played backup... Scheduled loss and move on.

In better news... There was a 5 nations U17 tourney in Colorado and czechs won it by going undefeated and scoring a LOT! Kos and svozil were on team so some good siblings coming.

Bronze at world's.. final 4 at U18 and Hlinka. Not sure if we are improving or if missing a good nation is inflating our results.
Hopefully means something good to come. Seems like there is many good players on that Czech u17 team and I really liked the play of a lot of the u18 guys at hlinka. Hoping it translates to u20 level for once

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hopefully means something good to come. Seems like there is many good players on that Czech u17 team and I really liked the play of a lot of the u18 guys at hlinka. Hoping it translates to u20 level for once
You know... As long as we keep pumping out first rounders I'll be happy. Eg. This draft had 2 first rounders and 4d in first 100. That is all I ask. Next year should be similar imo with 2 or 3 in round one.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
You know... As long as we keep pumping out first rounders I'll be happy. Eg. This draft had 2 first rounders and 4d in first 100. That is all I ask. Next year should be similar imo with 2 or 3 in round one.
Sale is a stud. I hope he gets selected to winter u20 team. After him I’m not sure who’s drafted in 1st round. Hrabal is likely going pretty high for a goalie and I’ve seen Husinecky high on a list or 2.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Sale is a stud. I hope he gets selected to winter u20 team. After him I’m not sure who’s drafted in 1st round. Hrabal is likely going pretty high for a goalie and I’ve seen Husinecky high on a list or 2.
I was thinking Petr and Dvorak... We will see. I thought pytlik and mysak we're going round one too.lol

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I was thinking Petr and Dvorak... We will see. I thought pytlik and mysak we're going round one too.lol
I wouldn’t really know, but I’m not sure Petr screams 1st rounder to me. I’m sure he will be somewhere between 2nd and 5th.
I will say though, I really liked the play of Adam Zidlicky in the limited time I got to watch. Will be really interesting to see how he does this upcoming season.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I wouldn’t really know, but I’m not sure Petr screams 1st rounder to me. I’m sure he will be somewhere between 2nd and 5th.
I will say though, I really liked the play of Adam Zidlicky in the limited time I got to watch. Will be really interesting to see how he does this upcoming season.
I agree with Petr. He has a good hockey IQ, I like his combination skills, he has a good shot, but I don't see him as a first rounder because he has a big weakness and that is his skating. And today you are out of luck without excellent skating. I wrote here that last year I really liked Felcman (but he didn't convince me at all this year), Šprynar and Štancl. And I think the latter has more potential for the next draft, he could possibly go in the second round. Židlický has exactly what Petr lacks and he doesn't have what Petr has.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Dvořák is really very good defensively, unfortunately his offensive potential is very limited. Another truly versatile (I'm not sure defensively, I haven't seen that much and he was so clearly dominant that no one checked him out. Big shame I didn't see the US tournament) above average defender will be Galvas. I can't imagine after what I've seen that he wouldn't be..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad