WC: Czech Team 2022

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
May as well start looking at this one...

Definitely a strange tourney with 2 teams missing. Also not sure how eager NHLer's will be to come to Europe given Covid and War.

For giggles, I'll assume the world is fine and everyone is eager to go (LOL)...

Here is what I'm hoping to see (note: none of this will happen)

The East

1647711727560.png

Voracek, Hronek, Zadina, Vrana! A top pairing D and a full Top line here already. I'll leave out the C from NJ and suggest we stop asking.

The West

1647711822455.png

K. Reichel, Adam Raska, Lukas Dostal, Kubalik, Jenik, Galvas, Hertl, Simek and Faksa.

That gives us something like this:

Forwards: Hertl, Voracek, Vrana, Zadina, Kubalik and Krejci as out Top 6. Hertl is 1C, Krejci is 2C. Put Voracek, Vrana, Kubalik and Zadina around them.

D - Hronek, Simek, Galvas, Kral, Jiricek, Klok, Sulak, Knot

G - Dostal, Bartosak and Vejmelka

Bottom 6 - Chlapik, Spacek, Blumel, Jasek, Zohorna, Jenik, Faksa and Kaut!

None of this will happen (AHL guys usually aren't allowed to go for instance) but our it'd give us a hell of a goaltending trio (Dostal being the best of the group and some guys may be without contracts, Krejci might be back in the NHL), a strong and young D core and some very fast forwards with some skill.

Let's give our new coach a look at the next generation and help him implement his systems.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Mysak or Novak as possibles?
I think we're deep enough at forward that we wouldn't need them... Raska I like because he is a 4th line grinder type who just goes like hell all day... a classic PITA! Same with K. Reichel who just skates and skates and skates. Got a Finnish coach.. let's give him some skaters because he's not used to a nation with marginal skaters.

Reactions: Voodoozz

Voodoozz

Czechmate
Feb 22, 2016
Pilsen
www.youtube.com
I wonder which euro guys they pick for the WC. I'd go for speed and youth + experienced centers - Krejci, Cervenka, Kovar for PP and face-offs. If we could get the Detroit guys + Voracek with Hertl, it would be huge. I'd love to see Galvas on defense, he was stellar in the few games he got with the Blackhawks.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I wonder which euro guys they pick for the WC. I'd go for speed and youth + experienced centers - Krejci, Cervenka, Kovar for PP and face-offs. If we could get the Detroit guys + Voracek with Hertl, it would be huge. I'd love to see Galvas on defense, he was stellar in the few games he got with the Blackhawks.
Hertl with those 3 would be such a beautiful spine! With Zadina, kubalik and vrana... Some finishers and some playmakers. Hertl is a combo of both. Dare to dream.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
May as well start looking at this one...

Definitely a strange tourney with 2 teams missing. Also not sure how eager NHLer's will be to come to Europe given Covid and War.

For giggles, I'll assume the world is fine and everyone is eager to go (LOL)...

Here is what I'm hoping to see (note: none of this will happen)

The East

View attachment 518183

Voracek, Hronek, Zadina, Vrana! A top pairing D and a full Top line here already. I'll leave out the C from NJ and suggest we stop asking.

The West

View attachment 518185

K. Reichel, Adam Raska, Lukas Dostal, Kubalik, Jenik, Galvas, Hertl, Simek and Faksa.

That gives us something like this:

Forwards: Hertl, Voracek, Vrana, Zadina, Kubalik and Krejci as out Top 6. Hertl is 1C, Krejci is 2C. Put Voracek, Vrana, Kubalik and Zadina around them.

D - Hronek, Simek, Galvas, Kral, Jiricek, Klok, Sulak, Knot

G - Dostal, Bartosak and Vejmelka

Bottom 6 - Chlapik, Spacek, Blumel, Jasek, Zohorna, Jenik, Faksa and Kaut!

None of this will happen (AHL guys usually aren't allowed to go for instance) but our it'd give us a hell of a goaltending trio (Dostal being the best of the group and some guys may be without contracts, Krejci might be back in the NHL), a strong and young D core and some very fast forwards with some skill.

Let's give our new coach a look at the next generation and help him implement his systems.
I think one should be able to learn from one's mistakes. In that case, I can't imagine the top 6 with players like Zadina, Kubalík, Vrána. We already had it here last year and really thank you, never again. I don't know who was to blame, whether the players or the coach, but that's just the way it was, the team was catastrophically dysfunctional team. I will definitely see the dominant players in the top 6, who have been showing form all season, like Chlapík, rather than the troubled Zadina.
I also don't see a single reason for players like Reichel or Raška to form a team.
Well, nothing, I don't decide, I mean nothing at all and the responsibility lies with someone else. I firmly hope that the coach (not Nedvěd) will choose a team that will really form a team that wants to work and will fight. We still have the potential to attack the medal and not be an embarrassing part of the championship, as under the crazy leadership of Pesan and Nedvěd.
And who I really want in the team is, except for Voráček and Hertl from the available players Zacha ..

Last edited:

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Not likely he will make it, but i would like to see Radek Muzik get a chance, perhaps in EHT. He is doing really good job as a grinder for Luleå in SHL. He got a extension with the club.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
In great news.. Krejci is apparantly playing. I assumed he wouldn't go and would've understood. That's huge for us.

I'm very excited to see Jiricek!!!! Not sure what it means or if he has a chance but if he's healthy he should be our number 8 D at the very least for the experience and injury replacement.

Klok is also coming. He's my current fav amongst the Euro D. I dont' really have a second favourite anymore.lol

The big dream (for me) is Hertl and Voracek join. There is our leadership group - Hertl Voracek and Krejci. Then add in youth.

Still hoping Vejmelka and Dostal are the 1-2.. unconventional but that would be my ideal. Not sure if Dostal will be in San Diego.

Definitely want the 3 Wing's.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Turns out Knot, Jiricek and Lakatos won't be going to the training camp.. injuries.

Here is a fun one for our 1999's

I know they all won't make it and some won't last but it's impressive. I'm a big Kondelik fan to be honest... huge forward.

On another good Czech note... Simon got traded to Anaheim and they are playing him a lot more than the Pens were. And the Pens called up Zohorna and are playing him a lot more (another big body). So, somehow, the Simon trade improved the lives of 2 Czech players.

I'd love to see Zohorna battle out a 1 way contract and stay in the NHL awhile! I hope Simon stays past this season.

Hoping to see Jenik get the call soon. Still waiting for Skarek's first game and Patera was an NHL backup for a game!

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Zacha refused to represent again. Yes, he doesn't have a contract, but he's never played for a national team before, and if he wanted to play, he had a chance to prove it. But he probably doesn't want to represent, we can slowly write him off as a potential representative. And I had him very high on my list. It's a pity, such Swiss go to play almost exemplary ..

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Zacha refused to represent again. Yes, he doesn't have a contract, but he's never played for a national team before, and if he wanted to play, he had a chance to prove it. But he probably doesn't want to represent, we can slowly write him off as a potential representative. And I had him very high on my list. It's a pity, such Swiss go to play almost exemplary ..
This time.. it was reasonable to say no. No contract. I get that and respect that decision. I won't be mad at Kubalik when he says the same thing. The difference is that Kubalik has played for us a lot and shows up.

Zacha does not. Even his last ones, he got injured and was done early. He seems to have similar issues in the NHL as well.

What will be funny though?

Next time he is available, hopefully we don't ask. THen he will tell Czech media he wanted to go but no one asked. He's a clown playing games. Stop asking him.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hertl wants to come, great:thumbu: A huge boost for us. Hronek and Vrána should come, Zadina is not sure that they will talk about him with the coach. I totally understand this. I repeat this several times, but unfortunately Filip is currently an below-average NHL player, he is probably in a bad and mental situation, he has less and less time on the ice. In addition, Vrána will go, for me also a controversial player, inconsistent in his own zone. I don't want the last WC or the Olympics to be repeated, when there were many players of the same type, behind the zenith, of bad skaters. I will definitely prefer players like Chlapík or Tomášek, who play very well in the extra league. I'm not even talking about Špaček or Sedlák (if he's okay).

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hertl wants to come, great:thumbu: A huge boost for us. Hronek and Vrána should come, Zadina is not sure that they will talk about him with the coach. I totally understand this. I repeat this several times, but unfortunately Filip is currently an below-average NHL player, he is probably in a bad and mental situation, he has less and less time on the ice. In addition, Vrána will go, for me also a controversial player, inconsistent in his own zone. I don't want the last WC or the Olympics to be repeated, when there were many players of the same type, behind the zenith, of bad skaters. I will definitely prefer players like Chlapík or Tomášek, who play very well in the extra league. I'm not even talking about Špaček or Sedlák (if he's okay).
Imagine having our Olympic 1 and 2C both come. That would be huge.

They would be crazy not to include Zadina. He is part of our next generation. Yes, he's playing poorly but if we want success we need to work with him.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Imagine having our Olympic 1 and 2C both come. That would be huge.

They would be crazy not to include Zadina. He is part of our next generation. Yes, he's playing poorly but if we want success we need to work with him.
I really don't think that's that clear. A player who doesn't even play well in a club, probably bad .. I mainly watch match matches and he doesn't seem to play. It just has to be on a different level.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Josef Korenar got in a game yesterday (relieving Vejmleka) so that puts us at 8 goalies and 31 skaters in the NHL this year.

8 goalies has to be a record for us.

We now sit at 39 skaters... not sure if I can think of anyone who might make it 40? Maybe Lauko or Skarek?

Skarek would be interesting as he'd put us at 9 goalies with at least a game.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Few smaller changes. Shame about Jasek, he was one I wanted to see on final nomination. I read somewhere that Flek is hoping to be in Swiss League next year.

Still no Jiricek. Not sure where Knot went to. Thrilled to see Blumel.

I know very little about Bambula but wanted to say that is one of my fav names in hockey!

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1649251322324.png

Got a kick out of this... Vrana is top 10 in scoring for the Wings... he's played 50 less games than most the people ahead of him.lol Curious if he can pass 5 to 9 and finish 5th on the team in Goals in a third of the games?

Get his ass to the World's! (yes Anti, I want Zadina too.lol)

First game for Jalonen today against Austria.

Curious what they are going for as I've seen Krejcik and Jordan in lineups and the previous regime didn't give either much time.

Voracek is still not sure if he's going. Krejci is!

Still waiting for a 40th Czech to set a toe on an NHL rink.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
1649253384044.png

Here is the lineup... I'm assuming most of these guys don't make final roster. Happy to see so many young guys out there. Of the forwards.. maybe 2 or 3 make the final team? Blumel and Flek for bottom 6?

Of the D - maybe 3? Jordan, Scotka and Krejcik.

I doubt either goalie.

Where did Knot go? Injured?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Nice win... I don't think you can take much away from it. I watched on and off and Zdrahal stood out to me. Everyone looked good to be honest.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
View attachment 527439

Got a kick out of this... Vrana is top 10 in scoring for the Wings... he's played 50 less games than most the people ahead of him.lol Curious if he can pass 5 to 9 and finish 5th on the team in Goals in a third of the games?

Get his ass to the World's! (yes Anti, I want Zadina too.lol)

First game for Jalonen today against Austria.

Curious what they are going for as I've seen Krejcik and Jordan in lineups and the previous regime didn't give either much time.

Voracek is still not sure if he's going. Krejci is!

Still waiting for a 40th Czech to set a toe on an NHL rink.
:sarcasm::D

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Admittedly, I am critical of him BUT Nick Malik having a hell of a season!

1649354909651.png

The 19 year old just got his 8th ranked team into the Semi's after defeating the 2nd ranked team (Jukurit).. I think (happy to be corrected here).

That seems like a tremendous result for a 19 year old. Curious if he gets drafted second time around? I guess his idea to not join Jr team was actually a very good one!

Crazy as it sounds... I'd add him into goalie rotation for national team to gain experience.

Vejmelka, Dostal, Malik

Yes, I know none of this will happen.lol

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Admittedly, I am critical of him BUT Nick Malik having a hell of a season!

View attachment 527923

The 19 year old just got his 8th ranked team into the Semi's after defeating the 2nd ranked team (Jukurit).. I think (happy to be corrected here).

That seems like a tremendous result for a 19 year old. Curious if he gets drafted second time around? I guess his idea to not join Jr team was actually a very good one!

Crazy as it sounds... I'd add him into goalie rotation for national team to gain experience.

Vejmelka, Dostal, Malik

Yes, I know none of this will happen.lol
In terms of performance, both Vejmelka and Dostál, Malík still have to prove their performance. But this is not important, it would still be the third in a row. So I wish the current coach he can do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad