Czech prospects update thread

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Interesting list.

Happy to see Badinka so high! Suprised to see Fibigr so low.

Happy to see 5 goalies and hopefully our goalie drafted streak continues (would be surprised if not one was taken including over ager Spunar).

Jiricek seems a lock for round 1 which will keep that streak going.

Happy to see Becher and Melovsky getting so much love in their redraft years.

I still think about 12 guys get taken... however, I thought that last year and it was a shockingly low number.

Here is my guess who gets taken (and I'm an optimist so grain of salt)

Jiricek, Badinka, Fibigr and Galvas seem top 100 to me.

Kos, Holinka, Sikora, Jecho, Curran, Becher and Melovsky.

2 goalies - Milota and Matecha seem logical but Matecha had a rough second half (not sure the details.. home sick?)

That's 12 guys and leaves out 3 goalies, Klima, Svozil, Mastalarisky and Perez.

I feel safe saying 12 so watch it be 6.lol

Also, on the redraft side, Cibulka, Spunar and Rymon.

Shame about my fav Petr and a guy I really liked in Titlbach.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh yeah, Tichachek! He's still draft eligible. I think he is in NA next year.. just not sure if after being drafted or after signing a AHL deal.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Galvas 33 lol that's just ridiculous. He should be around 20 at worst.

Also Curran and Fibigr ranks doesnt look very promising idk. But around 60in NA that's not very high and I expected higher tbh

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Galvas 33 lol that's just ridiculous. He should be around 20 at worst.

Also Curran and Fibigr ranks doesnt look very promising idk. But around 60in NA that's not very high and I expected higher tbh
Like dirtyfighter says.. Galvas is small and projects to be small. He'll be a U18 and U20 wizard and lets hope it tranlsates to NT. I'm not saying I agree with it but scouts like big. Benak may suffer a similar fate and drop to end of round 1 or start of round 2. Again, hope I'm wrong.

You look at Badinka and he checks every box - big and RHD. He didn't even go to the U20's and has a higher ranking. And he may end up in round 1. He is somewhere between 30 and 40 to my eye from all the lists posted on here. Would be amazing.

No idea what more Fibigr had to do but Button has him round 1 and that should put eyes on him.

Once we win the U18 in 2 weeks, some of these guys will rise up!lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Like dirtyfighter says.. Galvas is small and projects to be small. He'll be a U18 and U20 wizard and lets hope it tranlsates to NT. I'm not saying I agree with it but scouts like big. Benak may suffer a similar fate and drop to end of round 1 or start of round 2. Again, hope I'm wrong.

You look at Badinka and he checks every box - big and RHD. He didn't even go to the U20's and has a higher ranking. And he may end up in round 1. He is somewhere between 30 and 40 to my eye from all the lists posted on here. Would be amazing.

No idea what more Fibigr had to do but Button has him round 1 and that should put eyes on him.

Once we win the U18 in 2 weeks, some of these guys will rise up!lol
Idk he showed his skill in ELH all season, he showed it in U20, his numbers are good even for a forward at this age lol, and they rank him 33, which if we go just by the rankings would put him somewher at the end of third round, or fourh round. Thats just ridiculous.

Even given his small size, this is just a top skilled player.

As for Fibigr thats equally crazy being ranked 67, you could have counted better U18 Ds in all of CHL almost on one hand and he is 67th lol? I woul say 30-35 at worst

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Idk he showed his skill in ELH all season, he showed it in U20, his numbers are good even for a forward at this age lol, and they rank him 33, which if we go just by the rankings would put him somewher at the end of third round, or fourh round. Thats just ridiculous.

Even given his small size, this is just a top skilled player.

As for Fibigr thats equally crazy being ranked 67, you could have counted better U18 Ds in all of CHL almost on one hand and he is 67th lol? I woul say 30-35 at worst
I think dirtyfighter is going to win this one.lol He said around 100. I think around 45. I actually prefer him over Badinka. But Badinka has size. Kind of like Hovorka just got a 2 year contract. Or Sustr got in 300 NHL games.

As far as Fibigr.. that is nuts to me. But, I am an optimisit on this and think all 4 of our D will be in first 2 rounds. Might need to have a beer close by on draft day 2 to help me get through the disapointment. FTR.. I think Svozil should be drafted too! Same with Cibulka. Dude was playing over 20 a night to eliminate Canada and beat Finland for Bronze while leading the Q in scoring.. what exactly does he have to do to be drafted?lol

LIke I say, once we win the U18's, things will change.haha

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I think dirtyfighter is going to win this one.lol He said around 100. I think around 45. I actually prefer him over Badinka. But Badinka has size. Kind of like Hovorka just got a 2 year contract. Or Sustr got in 300 NHL games.

As far as Fibigr.. that is nuts to me. But, I am an optimisit on this and think all 4 of our D will be in first 2 rounds. Might need to have a beer close by on draft day 2 to help me get through the disapointment. FTR.. I think Svozil should be drafted too! Same with Cibulka. Dude was playing over 20 a night to eliminate Canada and beat Finland for Bronze while leading the Q in scoring.. what exactly does he have to do to be drafted?lol

LIke I say, once we win the U18's, things will change.haha
73th in my last ranking.

He had a better season than I expected though. 5th round was my estimate at the start of the season

But when it came time to choose the players, his name was slow to come. I came down a lot on Hutson (66) and Kiviharju is only 61st.

Czechs in my top 160

22 A.Jiricek
40 D.Badinka
51 A.Jecho
73 T.Galvas
84 M.Curran
103 L.Fischer
110 J.Malota
117 J.Fibigr
130 O.Becher
146 M.Holinka
149 O.Kos

11. Rather good year for Czechs.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
73th in my last ranking.

He had a better season than I expected though. 5th round was my estimate at the start of the season

But when it came time to choose the players, his name was slow to come. I came down a lot on Hutson (66) and Kiviharju is only 61st.

Czechs in my top 160

22 A.Jiricek
40 D.Badinka
51 A.Jecho
73 T.Galvas
84 M.Curran
103 L.Fischer
110 J.Malota
117 J.Fibigr
130 O.Becher
146 M.Holinka
149 O.Kos

11. Rather good year for Czechs.
Fischer, to my knowledge, doesn't belong to us. America gets him.

So ten... Which is great for us but I am hoping for 12.

Curious how it goes.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
The Czech U17 team looks very powerful. At the just ended Five Nations tournament, she took first place, winning all her matches. Moreover, in the games against strong Sweden, Finland and Slovakia, 6 (!) goals were scored each. Probably at the August tournament, Hlinka will be interested in following the team’s performance. Moreover, here the team played without the injured Novotny, and also without Poletin, Benak and Mrtka, who were involved with a team a year older, and they will probably play at Hlinka. You can also use players such as Frolo and Kucharcik. And we must remember that younger players Katolicky and Novak can join the team. The possibility of bringing Katolicky into the '06 team for the upcoming championship was recently discussed. And if it may be too early to play for guys two years older, then these two leaders from ’08 could well be added to the ’07 team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad