Czech prospects update thread

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
That would be the most Czechs drafted in like forever.. usually it’s around 8.
It’s always less than we think.

I don’t expect it to be much but honestly there could be a bit of an uptick in draft picks strictly because of WJC performance and placement.

Would be really nice to see 14 for sure.
It's like when you want a nice gift for Xmas and get socks. I want 14 and expect 4.lol

Reactions: 24 others

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I like this poster a lot.

No one ever talks about cibulka as an overager! It'd be amazing if all this happened. In this case.. galvas ahead of badinka.lol

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah I follow him as well. Looks like a good list of players. Hopefully it pans out this way.
I wouldn't object to 15 Czechs going in the draft.

I'm skeptical but our junior results should point to us developing good players right now.

So my dream is a few overagers like Becher and cibulka

3 D in first 100

Our goalie streak continues

1 first rounder

I also cannot wait to see who goes first between badinka and galvas as that is a big pissing match on here.lol.

As a sidenote... Pretty excited about our U18, Hlinka and next year's U20 squads. All 3 could be good if things go well.

And the Czechs are in the smaller arena in Ottawa and won't have Canada or US so my new year's eve dream may become a reality!

Reactions: czechcanadian

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Any new information regarding Vitkovice junior Maxim Vehovsky (2005)? Was on Central Scouting's radar heading into last summer's draft.

On the plus side, he scored his first Extraliga goal and is scoring at a point per game pace in the Czech U20 league. At the same time, he has had minimal success in the Czech second league and was not selected for the Czech U20 team.

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Out of my age range but I keep reading the name Mrtka and it seems very encouraging! Frolo is another name I notice. Few more names that are elluding me right now... Matej Pekar maybe? Novotny?

Roughly, @czech , who would you say are the top 5 16 and 17 year olds to keep an eye on?

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

I'm happy with it... In this case badinka ahead of galvas. No one agrees on these guys. Was hoping to see fibigr.

Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019

I'm happy with it... In this case badinka ahead of galvas. No one agrees on these guys. Was hoping to see fibigr.

This looks very possible ... sadly Jecho and Badinka dont have that bit of extra skill to be first rounders. I would personaly see Galvas in 1st round, but apparently his size is killing him very much. Still have high hopes for him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This looks very possible ... sadly Jecho and Badinka dont have that bit of extra skill to be first rounders. I would personaly see Galvas in 1st round, but apparently his size is killing him very much. Still have high hopes for him.
And McKenzie had badinka ahead of galvas. No one agrees on these two. I think badinka will go higher due to size and being right handed. Not saying he's better but I do think he goes earlier.

Hoping jecho has a strong second half and gets himself in round 1 talks.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Sounds like Matecha had himself a game. Also sounds like jecho got a lot praise for fitness, strength and pick protection. The next sapo may still squea into round one talks as scouts love that shit! Hope dies last so watch both go undrafted.haha

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
They must've seen something in him.. I find it very encouraging. But going from a Czech junior league to any league is hard.lol

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
It’s not that rare for Czechs to go straight from U17 to North America. Drancak and Sprynar come to mind as recent examples. It will definitely be an adjustment but I really like the move for Nestrasil, especially going now instead of the start of next season.

Reactions: Czechboy

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Safe to say USHL is not better than the OHL. But yeah, a very big step for Nestrasil, I don't know if it is the right move this early
American level is higher than Ontario level, USHL has more foreigners than OHL and there are fewer teams, therefore greater concentration of talent. Every year USHL surpasses OHL in players drafted.

I even think WHL is better than OHL but that's another debate

OHL was the best league in the 2000s early 2010. This world is no more.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
American level is higher than Ontario level, USHL has more foreigners than OHL and there are fewer teams, therefore greater concentration of talent. Every year USHL surpasses OHL in players drafted.

I even think WHL is better than OHL but that's another debate

OHL was the best league in the 2000s early 2010. This world is no more.
There are twice as many drafted players in OHL than in USHL even when I consider that OHL has 4 more teams. I think this should be the main indicator?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
There are twice as many drafted players in OHL than in USHL even when I consider that OHL has 4 more teams. I think this should be the main indicator?
Round 1 2023 : USHL 4 OHL 5
Round 2 2023 : USHL 6 OHL 5
Round 3 2023 : USHL 8 OHL 6
Round 4 2023 : USHL 4 OHL 7
Round 5 2023 : USHL 5 OHL 5
Round 6 2023 : USHL 6 OHL 6
Round 7 2023 : USHL 5 OHL 1

Total : USHL 38 with 17 teams OHL 35 with 20 teams

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

Woohoo! Another undrafted Czech getting a contract. Will be in shock if Tomas suchanek is not next.

Reactions: martygod12

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
We just need some of them to actually pull through and make it in the NHL
How do you like his or szturc chances?

I'm a bit down about it because blumel is probably done in the NHL and that pisses me off.lol

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
How do you like his or szturc chances?

I'm a bit down about it because blumel is probably done in the NHL and that pisses me off.lol
Blumel situation is terrible, I think he has the quality for the NHL, but somehow he always was 1st below the cut lol.

For Sturc and Ivan I think the chances are also low, but they almost always are for prospects like this, but some of them need to surprise and make it in the NHL with the bit of luck.

I expect a big rise of numbers of our players in the AHL I'm the next 2-3years. Lot of guys coming from CHL, but also from Europe. But then we must pray at least some of those will become NHL regulars and not just few years in the AHL and then disappear to Europe lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad