Czech prospects update thread

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Yes Czech hockey has fallen a lot since 2005 but it remains a great nation that does not have its topic and above all, the Czech Republic should get closer to the level of Finland in the next drafts

Top Czech prospects

D.Jiricek (D/2003/Czechia 1)
T.Hamara (D/2004/Finland 1)
D.Moravec (D/2003/Czechia 1)
G.Szturc (C/2003/Czechia 1)
J.Kulich (F/2004/Czechia 1)
M.Sapovaliv (W/2004/OHL)
S.Slavicek (W/2004/Czechia 2)
D.Rymon (W/2004/Czechia 1)

D.Petr (W/2005/Finland U20)

A.Jecho (C/2006/Finland U18)
P.Kral (W/2006/Czechia U20)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
I saw this player play in the U18 tournament without paying attention to his existence.

Considering his profile, he was selected because he is a right-handed center with a big physique.

The kind of players who, by developing their shuffle-free game, can become a 3rd-4th row center.

But during the tournament, he seems to have floated when the Czech Republic conceded a lot of goals.

NY Rangers must bet on that.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

czech

Feb 23, 2009
First/second {second/third} round material:

David Jiříček
Tomáš Hamara
Šimon Slavíček
Jiří Kulich
Matyáš Šapovaliv
{František Formánek, David Moravec}

Dominik Petr
Eduard Šalé
Jakub Štancl
Petr Pavelec
Pavel Šimek
{Tomáš Trunda, Šimon Bialy}

Adam Jecho
Patrik Král
Jiří Klíma
Vojtěch Vochvest
Kevin Coufal
{Adam Titlbach, Bogdan Stepanchuk}

Adam Benák
Václav Raichl
Václav Nestrašil
Martin Švec
Matouš Kucharčík
{Teodor Vápeník, Vojtěch Čihař}

Václav Nedorost
Jiří Maxa
David Sedláček
{Adam Burda}

Oliver Vaňha
Lukáš Kachlíř
Oliver Andrle
Václav Dostálek
Adam Šimek
Adam Keller
{Jakub Petružálek, Jakub Zaruba}

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Do we know much about Jaroslav Chmelar?
I like him a lot, would be very happy with the pick. I like him more than Kos, who was a lot more talked about. Chmelar is a big body with the puck skills of a smaller player. Quick hands both at full speed and in traffic. Has a good shot and flashes vision too. His size projects well to the next level but I like that size isn’t his biggest tool.

David Jiříček
Tomáš Hamara
Šimon Slavíček
Jiří Kulich
Matyáš Šapovaliv

Dominik Petr
Eduard Šalé
Jakub Štancl
Petr Pavelec
Pavel Šimek

Adam Jecho
Patrik Král
Jiří Klíma
Vojtěch Vochvest
Kevin Coufal

Adam Benák
Václav Raichl
Václav Nestrašil
Martin Švec
Matouš Kucharčík

Václav Nedorost
Jiří Maxa
David Sedláček
{Adam Burda}

Oliver Vaňha
Lukáš Kachlíř
Oliver Andrle
Václav Dostálek
Adam Šimek
Adam Keller
Don’t sleep on Filip Juricek.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Since now the Czech Republic and Slovakia again offer prospects in quantity and quality, it would be relevant to sticky these subjects.

This year should reveal a lot of Czech and Slovak players.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pan

Apr 11, 2017
Minsk

David Jiříček
Tomáš Hamara
Šimon Slavíček
Jiří Kulich
Matyáš Šapovaliv

Dominik Petr
Eduard Šalé
Jakub Štancl
Petr Pavelec
Pavel Šimek

Adam Jecho
Patrik Král
Jiří Klíma
Vojtěch Vochvest
Kevin Coufal

Adam Benák
Václav Raichl
Václav Nestrašil
Martin Švec
Matouš Kucharčík

Václav Nedorost
Jiří Maxa
David Sedláček
{Adam Burda}

Oliver Vaňha
Lukáš Kachlíř
Oliver Andrle
Václav Dostálek
Adam Šimek
Adam Keller

Any first rounders for the 2030s yet?

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Any first rounders for the 2030s yet?
No problem.
Draft-30: Nicolas Fadrný (late 11 (plays for the team-10)) (puck work, shots and goal: part1 part2). Five years ago
Draft-31: Martin Rejthar (late 12 (plays for the team-10)) (shorthanded goal)
Interesting names... draft-28 and draft-29..: Dominik Železný, David Skořepa, Matyáš Vik, Kristián Zalubil, Tomáš Albrecht, Dominik Hanzlík, Filip David, Lukáš Vrba, Jiří Gombár, Jindřich Hodík, Daniel Holub, Jan Pross, Tomáš Richter, Robert Keller, Tony Kočárek, Dominik Sentiván, Tomáš Cabalka, Tadeáš Grunt, Alex Pavlík, Lukáš Kijonka, Denis Bělohlávek, Jan Mráček, Vilém David, Adam Novotný.
Czech (and Slovak) youth hockey rose from the ashes...
Draft predictions... upcoming drafts... every next year (hope so)..: Czech Rep.: 10-18 players, Slovakia: 6-13
{once again sorry for my bad English}

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
No problem.
Draft-30: Nicolas Fadrný (late 11 (plays for the team-10)) (puck work, shots and goal: part1 part2). Five years ago
Interesting names... draft-28 and draft-29..: Dominik Železný, David Skořepa, Matyáš Vik, Kristián Zalubil, Tomáš Albrecht, Dominik Hanzlík, Filip David, Lukáš Vrba, Jiří Gombár, Jindřich Hodík, Daniel Holub, Jan Pross, Tomáš Richter, Robert Keller, Tony Kočárek, Dominik Sentiván, Tomáš Cabalka, Tadeáš Grunt, Alex Pavlík, Lukáš Kijonka, Denis Bělohlávek, Jan Mráček, Vilém David, Adam Novotný.
Draft predictions... upcoming drafts... every next year (hope so)..: Czech Rep.: 10-18 players, Slovakia: 6-13
:laugh:

Reactions: hellwar9

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
If David Jiricek is selected top 5 (and it is imaginable), it would be a first since 2000 (Klesla 4th). To see how the competition aligns. But it seems more and more plausible to me that Lambert will drop a place in the top 5.

Kulich and Hamara will be selected at worst in the 2nd round. I expect of 11 Czechs and 7 Slovaks.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
No problem.
I don't know if you really mean it, but I actually like your passion:D

Reactions: hellwar9

JotAlan

Apr 21, 2020
Something about Adam Benák? Garoto is destroying the U17 league at 14 years old. Pace of 2.25ppg (11-16-27 in 12 games).

Just for comparison, these are the numbers of 3 great Czech prospects for the next few years playing in the same league at the same age:

Adam Jecho 8-3-11 in 7 games with 1.57ppg
Eduard Sale 27-24-51 in 39 games with 1.31ppg
Dominik Petr 17-24-41 in 32 games with 1.28ppg

And as far as I know, the boy plays in the center and already has a great two-way game for his age.

Reactions: czechcanadian

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
To be more precise, Jecho is one of the best U16 forwards in Finland. Maybe # 1. Sale is by far the best forward U17 from Czech Republic. Pet is in the top 10 of the best U17 forwards of Filande.

Czechia U17 under 15 :

Adam Benak 2.25
Adam Jecho 1.57
Eduard Sale 1.31
Dominik Petr 1.28

One more name to note for the NHL 2025 draft. This class promises to be very interesting with many very talented players without being extraordinary in each region.

Reactions: JotAlan

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Something about Adam Benák? Garoto is destroying the U17 league at 14 years old. Pace of 2.25ppg (11-16-27 in 12 games).

Just for comparison, these are the numbers of 3 great Czech prospects for the next few years playing in the same league at the same age:

Adam Jecho 8-3-11 in 7 games with 1.57ppg
Eduard Sale 27-24-51 in 39 games with 1.31ppg
Dominik Petr 17-24-41 in 32 games with 1.28ppg

And as far as I know, the boy plays in the center and already has a great two-way game for his age.
I hear the name for the first time (I don't know if he is the son of Václav Benák), but the statistics look really interesting.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Great thread!

I do find that a lot of our Czech prospects are referred to as first rounders and 'baby Jagr's' and the next great D and then, come draft day, don't hear their names till Day 2.

Eg. Svozil was meant to be a first rounder and the next great D hope. 3rd round
Mysak was talked about very highly... 3rd round? Maybe 2nd?
Pytlik was projected as a first rounder and plummetted
Has playing in Finland was going to go high.. not really
Kubicek was going to be first 3 rounds, didn't get drafted

I'm obviously a big fan of the 4 above and all the Czechs.

I do think Jiricek should be Top 10 easy.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Great thread!

I do find that a lot of our Czech prospects are referred to as first rounders and 'baby Jagr's' and the next great D and then, come draft day, don't hear their names till Day 2.

Eg. Svozil was meant to be a first rounder and the next great D hope. 3rd round
Mysak was talked about very highly... 3rd round? Maybe 2nd?
Pytlik was projected as a first rounder and plummetted
Has playing in Finland was going to go high.. not really
Kubicek was going to be first 3 rounds, didn't get drafted

I'm obviously a big fan of the 4 above and all the Czechs.

I do think Jiricek should be Top 10 easy.

I think it's because a lot of people overlook the amount of good players in the world.

As far as I'm concerned, my estimates were as follows:

Svozil (30)
Mysak (R2)
Kubicek (R6)
Pytlik (R6)
Has (undrafted)

Svozil was very popular during his U17 year. I saw him as a top 20 but his progress in 2020-21 was disappointing.

I don't think anyone saw Pytlik as an NHL 4th Row Center.
His offensive production has always been much lower than that of Jecho, Sale and Petr.

This year Jiricek, Hamara and Kulich are much stronger than them.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I think it's because a lot of people overlook the amount of good players in the world.

As far as I'm concerned, my estimates were as follows:

Svozil (30)
Mysak (R2)
Kubicek (R6)
Pytlik (R6)
Has (undrafted)

Svozil was very popular during his U17 year. I saw him as a top 20 but his progress in 2020-21 was disappointing.

I don't think anyone saw Pytlik as an NHL 4th Row Center.
His offensive production has always been much lower than that of Jecho, Sale and Petr.

This year Jiricek, Hamara and Kulich are much stronger than them.
I like Hamara.. he did get the C rating which doesn't bode well. I don't know enough about Kulich but something tells me I'll be learning about him soon.

So what are your estimates for Jiricek, Hamara and Kulich?

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I like Hamara.. he did get the C rating which doesn't bode well. I don't know enough about Kulich but something tells me I'll be learning about him soon.

So what are your estimates for Jiricek, Hamara and Kulich?
After a long break, Hamara has to find a game practice and perhaps he could be a black horse for the first round of the draft. In my opinion, Kulich is already the black horse, in the end it is 2022 NHL Draft Top 32 Ranking – HockeyProspect.com, October 25, 2021 - HockeyProspect.com in order. It was to be expected that after HGC and how he was doing in the extraleague, he would move significantly up in the order.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
Love this thread! Let’s keep this going!
Lots of talent from Czech coming up.
Jiricek goes top 5 IMO.
Hamara will come back after long injury.
Kulich is rising fast.
Jecho is the next best player out of Czech.
Sale is having an amazing year.
Sapovaliv starting really well in OHL!
And there’s many more!

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I think Sapovaliv is a black horse in this year's draft. Haven't seen him ranked anywhere, but wouldn't surprise me one bit if he's the second Czech off the board. Very intriguing player, has the potential to skyrocket in the rankings, more so than Kulich and Hamara in my opinion.
Hamara has been somewhat dissapointing so far, missing Hlinka and all of Summer due to an injury certainly did him no favors. That being said, a "C" ranking from Central Scouting is laughable. If he can regain his pre-injury form, he is a top 60 prospect.

As for Benak, as talented as he is, he is also listed as 5'6", and with with his father being only 5'9", not sure how likely it is he grows much going forward. Very impressive numbers though, looking forward to watching him in the U16 national team as an underager.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad