Cyberpunk 2077 - New RPG by CD PROJEKT RED

guinness

Not Ingrid for now
Mar 11, 2002
Missoula, Montana
www.missoulian.com
This is one of the few games that sounds interesting to me in the near future (and I pre-ordered FO 76...as long as the story isn't shite like 4), the genre of game is my wheelhouse. Probably will also get it for PC, as it doesn't sound like something that would run well on the current consoles.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Still a little premature as it's not out yet, but between The Witcher 3 and now this seeing CD Projeckt Red so far ahead of the rest of the competition makes me wonder what their work environment and staff is like. Their cost of development is low in large thanks to being situated in Poland and not having to pay employees as much, but they have to have a large crack team of vets to pull this stuff off. So to keep everyone on board I wouldn't be surprised if those same employees also got generous bonus packages, aren't constantly kept in a meat grinder, and are given a degree of creative freedom to find the work rewarding.

Whatever they have going for the rest of us it's a damn shame the model can't be replicated more, in place of the big publishers we do have in North America that with the size of the budgets they get look like a joke in comparison.

wingsnut19

Apr 9, 2007
Still a little premature as it's not out yet, but between The Witcher 3 and now this seeing CD Projeckt Red so far ahead of the rest of the competition makes me wonder what their work environment and staff is like. Their cost of development is low in large thanks to being situated in Poland and not having to pay employees as much, but they have to have a large crack team of vets to pull this stuff off. So to keep everyone on board I wouldn't be surprised if those same employees also got generous bonus packages, aren't constantly kept in a meat grinder, and are given a degree of creative freedom to find the work rewarding.

Whatever they have going for the rest of us it's a damn shame the model can't be replicated more, in place of the big publishers we do have in North America that with the size of the budgets they get look like a joke in comparison.
There have been rumors for awhile that they weren't a great developer to work for during Witcher 3, but that things have been getting better. It does seem more like growing pains, but I guess we'll see what the comments from staff end of being after they get into crunch time for Cyberpunk 2077.

CDPR devs speak up on the realities of working on Witcher 3, Cyberpunk 2077

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
This game looks incredible. I rarely get any degree of excitement for new games, but this one looks promising.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I really wasn't super hyped about this, even though I'm a big fan of Witcher.

After hearing so many people talk about this E4 demo, I'm about as hyped as I personally get for a game.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Are you from the future? Did they add an extra E?:sarcasm:
Haha good friend! Definitely just a typo and absolutely nothing more. No future robots here, human!

giphy.gif

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Apparently the E3 demo was 4k with a recent i7 processor and GTX 1080TI and ran a solid 30 fps.

With further optimisation I am hopeful my i5 and GTX 970 can have it run smoothly at 1080P. I built a new PC for Witcher 3, I am in no rush to upgrade it now since I only game at 1080P (ignorance is bliss!)

Reactions: Bocephus86

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Apparently the E3 demo was 4k with a recent i7 processor and GTX 1080TI and ran a solid 30 fps.

With further optimisation I am hopeful my i5 and GTX 970 can have it run smoothly at 1080P. I built a new PC for Witcher 3, I am in no rush to upgrade it now since I only game at 1080P (ignorance is bliss!)
Nice, I have a new(ish - Skylake) i5 & a 1080ti; will be running @ 2k. Hopefully that'll be enough haha.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gameplay reveal heavily hinted at today around 10am on the west coast.

Already 50,000 people watching and it's still 2.5+ hours away

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Yep. I would not want to be releasing an RPG anywhere near this game. Good lord.

Or ANY game, really...

Question is, when do I need to clear my schedule? 2019? 2020?

I'll need to give my work, friends, and family plenty of advanced notice and save pizza money.

Reactions: Bocephus86

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
That was basically the best bits of every open world rpg I've ever liked all blended with the cyberpunk aesthetic and executed at an incredibly high level. And that's not even close to the finished state.

Shaping up to be one for the ages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad