Curtis Lazar

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
This whole "Wiercioch is the best example of how the best players did not, in fact, play"

Weircioch was slow, weak and poor defensively. He's nowhere near as good as some of you like to pretend he is

Wiercioch was much better defensively than Cowen, Phillips and Ceci when he came up

Magix

Oct 10, 2010
All prospects have to play top 6 else their development will be forever ruined...:laugh:

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
And he performed quite well in that role, making me think that he could have been tasked with harder minutes. Wiercioch definitely would have outperformed Phillips if he was given his minutes.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The notion isn't that their development would be ruined if they aren't in the top 6

The notion is that if you want the player to become a top 6 player you need to establish what's the best path for that player to become one

For Lazar it might be giving him time to work on his offense which could use some polish and that means that playing in the bottom 6 as a 19 year old might not be optimal

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Lazar will get his 9 games, (unless poor management or coaching decides to rob him of it) depending on his stint he might stay or go, im down for moving condra out and giving Curtis his spot.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
And he performed quite well in that role, making me think that he could have been tasked with harder minutes. Wiercioch definitely would have outperformed Phillips if he was given his minutes.

The coaching staff clearly disagrees with you

They tried it to start the year and it was beyond awful

Revisionist BS doesn't change the fact that Weircioch started the year as a top 4 player and lost the position due to how bad he was at it

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Lazar in my opinion will indeed be in Ottawa next season. He has nothing left to prove in the WHL. 2 WHL Championships, 1 Memorial Cup Championship, 3 deep playoff runs, Goal scoring production improved every season greately!

Herti was great for San Jose but had a concussion. There is no reason why Lazar can't make the NHL at 19. Monahan did and was successful, when most said going back to Ottawa was best in the OHL. They were wrong

SaltyPete

May 7, 2014
The coaching staff clearly disagrees with you

They tried it to start the year and it was beyond awful

Revisionist BS doesn't change the fact that Weircioch started the year as a top 4 player and lost the position due to how bad he was at it

Everything was awful at the beginning of the year, how come Wiercioch ended up tied to the pressbox while guys like Cowen and Phillips got off scot-free? Cowen won the Karlsson sweepstakes for half the season despite being an obvious detriment to EK. The point is that Wiercioch wasn't really given the opportunities to succeed like Cowen and to a certain extent Ceci were given.

At least when Wiercioch was terrible he could still put up a moderate sum of points.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Wiercicoh is just incapable of playing on his offside. I say play him with karlsson this year. Let's him sit back and pick the passes or give to karlsson. If karlsson is elite like people say. He can bail out wiercioch on the mistake he does make. Methot-ceci
Cowen-phillips.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
One factor I have not seen yet in this thread (please excuse me if I missed something) is if he sticks with the team it burns a contract year. That means he becomes an RFA one year sooner. Although the media tends to skip over that part, apparently GMs are very aware of it and what it could mean for a club.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Let's hope the 4th option works. I would be thrilled if we could move one of Condra or Greening

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
The Sens aren't going to be competing any time soon. Why burn a year of his contract when he could be back playing a ton of minutes and captaining a solid team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The Sens aren't going to be competing any time soon. Why burn a year of his contract when he could be back playing a ton of minutes and captaining a solid team.

Because those seats aren't going to fill themselves

They need to sell us something other than "here's budget team 2.0"

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Lazar needs time to work on his offensive game, and he also needs to get stronger. Remember, he had a couple of deep runs in the WHL the last 2 years....for these young guys with super high metabolism and still growing, those long runs cause muscle to evaporate. Plus, he gets a shorter summer to try and build that muscle back up after a long run.

Kid needs more time.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Tomas Hertl was complettely rushed by SJ. Was 19 at start of the season, like Lazar. 25 points in 37 games. 5 point in 7 PO games. Epic fail by SJ.:sarcasm:
If Lazar can play in NHL, he need to play. Room will be made for him.

People may argue with this, but Hertl was obviously NOT ready for the NHL at the beginning of the year. He skated around like he was in a non-contact house league and paid the price for it.

Being ready for the NHL isn't just about point totals. It is about total on and off ice development and awareness. Hertl had no idea how to protect himself at the NHL level, and now has to make sure his knee is feeling ok and fully recovered for next year.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
He can be called up any time by his NHL team. However, if he is not playing or being paid to sit, he must go back. He cannot play in the AHL this season.

read this. It will help.
http://www.litterboxcats.com/2011/9/3/2398398/the-nhl-chl-agreement

read it, didnt say anything about a player in the WHL being eligible to be called up once his season starts there.

any player examples of people who go up and down between their NHL and CHL teams in a regular season?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I think it's only if there are an extreme number of injuries on the NHL roster, and the callup would be limited timewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad