Post-Game Talk: Cup champions vs sorry I don’t follow baseball

Status
Not open for further replies.

filinski77

Feb 12, 2017
Ovechkin doesn't want 50. Confirmed.
As a fan it is SO frustrating to see him not care. The commentators saying that's "leading by example", LOL no. That's giving up a 70/30 chance at a goal to make a forced pass that resulted in nothing. I don't care if it's Ovi or not with that opportunity, shoot the damn puck.

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
I’m perfectly fine with these icings.

By the way, that was very nice of OV not to injure Gostisbehere there. He could have hurt him bad with a slap shot.
He should have. f*** everybody on that dirty ass team.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I’m perfectly fine with these icings.

By the way, that was very nice of OV not to injure Gostisbehere there. He could have hurt him bad with a slap shot.

I was thinking the same thing. Inside of the knee would be extremely painful.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
He's not going to score again. Might as well bench him and start the playoffs.
and his only value to the team is goal scoring... gotcha.

I also can't imagine a world where I could believe that the leading scorer and a guy with 48 goals isn't going to score again in the next 6 games...

Reactions: calicapsfan

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Ovi trying to show that he's not the selfish player the media has been making him out to be for over a decade resulted in a terrible decision on that empty net. You are up by two with no chance of them winning with 5 seconds left...go for the goal.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
It’s almost as if living in or near the City of Philadelphia makes one a shittier, dirtier person. The Flyers GM assembles a team full of peonies and now they’ve all magically turned into POSs.

Reactions: calicapsfan

OviTaughtMe

Jun 17, 2013
PG County
....it was a 2 goal lead with less that a minute to go. Dear god....

(This whole experience is still mind bending to me. I’ve been that negative fan for 25 years of my 26 year old life and now, I’m a unicorn and rainbows homer lol )

Reactions: Bananas

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
It is not about 50 in that particular situation. That's a legit scoring chance near an empty net. He's had no options to pass to. Ovechkin or not - you have to shoot there.
I totally believe he's trying to crush the narrative of how he's all about himself winning scoring titles. It was just dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad