Injury Report: CT Scan of Fraser's Skull

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
Has anyone heard anything about how he's doing now?

He just did an interview on locker cleanout day. He said no bleeding or brain damage but some headaches. He didn't confirm the CAT scan on the internet other than he hasn't seen it and didn't release it. He looks better that I expected for a guy a few days removed from a depressed skull fracture. He has plates, screws and a mesh holding the works together

He wasn't asked and didn't give any timeline for a return.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Maple Leafs defenceman Mark Fraser has no idea if X-ray shows his injured skull

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs..._no_idea_if_xray_shows_his_injured_skull.html

mark_fraser.jpg.size.xxlarge.letterbox.jpg

Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Mark Fraser, who took a puck to the forehead during the playoff series against the Boston Bruins, answers questions in the dressing room during the Leafs final media availability of the season in Toronto on Thursday May 16, 2013.

Maple Leafs defenceman Mark Fraser with battle stitches above his right eye is aware of an X-ray on the Internet that is purported to be of his injured skull.

But he said Thursday that he hasn’t seen graphic image and wasn’t certain if it was him.

“I haven’t seen anything, but to be honest I can’t bring any validity to anything,†Fraser said when asked about the X-ray during the Leafs locker clean out at the Air Canada Centre.

“I wasn’t the one taking the picture and I haven’t even seen it.â€

The X-ray clearly shows a nasty gaping hole in a skull — in the same area where Fraser was struck by a rising puck from Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic in Game 4 of their recently-concluded playoff series.

Fraser, who doesn’t wear a visor, dropped to the ice as if he had been shot, and wasn’t able to play the final three games of the series, which the Bruins won 4-3.

On Thursday, he sported a nasty-looking stitched cut above his right eye.

“It’s the first time I’ve actually seen it,†Fraser said. “I took the bandage off for the team picture. I didn’t want to have a big bandage on my head.â€

The injury also affected his sinuses, he said.

He’s expected to make a full recovery in time for the Leafs training camp in September.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Not that I doubt him, but I'd be surprised if he could recall that hockey game at all let alone a picture that was taken and posted on the internet.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
He also stated he had no concussion like symptoms from the injury, pretty insane. He didn't look concussed skating off either, just in agony. Justifiably so.

Parkdale

Jan 14, 2013
Toronto
I think the internet posted CT scan is a phony one. Fraser looks like he is recovering pretty well and should be able to compete for a position next season. This will be confirmed if he is tendered a contract offer by the Leafs in the next few weeks.

Inconceivable

Oct 13, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I think the internet posted CT scan is a phony one. Fraser looks like he is recovering pretty well and should be able to compete for a position next season. This will be confirmed if he is tendered a contract offer by the Leafs in the next few weeks.

He said that he has screws in his head though, I wonder if he'll ever be able to fight again... It would be really sad if he can't because his career would probably be over without that part of his game. He was my favourite leaf all season with the way he protected kadri on so many occasions.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Big fan of Mark Fraser. Looking forward to having him back next year as a depth defenceman.

Don't even care if he enforces anymore with the hardware he's gonna get in his head Fedoruk style, he was a good defensive defenceman anyway!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad