Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
My bags are packed so I'm eager for everything to steadily start growing again :laugh:

I'm cautiously optimistic looking at the volume the last few days but still braced for a period of further stagnancy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Def looking like a $7500-$7550 resistance. Wonder if it goes down to $6800-$7000 and remains there for a little bit soon or if it can break through.

Very hard to tell with crypto though for sure.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
XLM, NEO and BAT are probably my top alt coins that i'm most excited about potential wise.
XLM is the next one I’m eyeing. It used to be XRP but I’ve shifted away from that and towards XLM.

Not really huge on where XRP is trying to go. I get it, but I’m not big on it.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Might have spoken too soon. Liking the look of the charts and it's just broken $7600. More resistance at $7800 so interested to see what happens with that.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Lol who are these guys saying bitcoin going to fall to 5k and then hit 50k by end of year?

"I think the current rally will top out close to but not greater than $10,000. Then we will fall and test $5,000. If that holds then we can rally to $50,000 by year end," Arthur Hayes

Granted...of course he would say Something like that but such a large number sounds silly.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Lol who are these guys saying bitcoin going to fall to 5k and then hit 50k by end of year?

"I think the current rally will top out close to but not greater than $10,000. Then we will fall and test $5,000. If that holds then we can rally to $50,000 by year end," Arthur Hayes

Granted...of course he would say Something like that but such a large number sounds silly.
Worst Not Yet Over for Bitcoin Price: BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes

The article for people wondering.

I do like this portion of it:

FUD not Working Anymore?

According to Silbert, one of the reasons that was giving him confidence was the fact that Jerome Powell, the chairman of the U.S. Federal Reserve, had criticized cryptocurrencies but this did not place downward pressure on prices.
“When the chair of the Fed says negative things about bitcoin, and Howard Marks [Oaktree Capital’s co-chairman] says negative things about bitcoin, and Ken Griffin [Citadel’s founder and CEO] says negative things about bitcoin, and bitcoin doesn’t move, I think that’s a bullish sign,” Silbert said.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Worst Not Yet Over for Bitcoin Price: BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes

The article for people wondering.

I do like this portion of it:

It isn't working anymore. At the same time, good news doesn't move the needle as much as it used to. Market is maturing. People are realizing that not every piece of bad news is the end of the world. They are also wising up and realizing that many of these partnerships will have zero impact on the token/coin long term.

What is the date for the ETF decision? I am reading a ton of conflicting information...

Reactions: What the Faulk

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Bitcoin ETF will probably be the catalyst for the next big bull run.

CPChain was shilled heavily when it first came out. I can't remember exactly what it does though. Too many coins/blockhain projects out there.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
It isn't working anymore. At the same time, good news doesn't move the needle as much as it used to. Market is maturing. People are realizing that not every piece of bad news is the end of the world. They are also wising up and realizing that many of these partnerships will have zero impact on the token/coin long term.

What is the date for the ETF decision? I am reading a ton of conflicting information...

I read around Aug 15th, but like you said there are conflicting reports on an exact date.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Anyone here familiar with CPCchain?

Yep. I'd advise to stay away. Dr. Long may be a brilliant man but he's stubborn as a donkey and has no idea how to run a business. Only reason why it was hyped a few months ago is because Vechain invested in them. Turns out the investment was guanxi and nothing more.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
There isn't a solid date in place for the ETF decision. It could be August 16th, but it could just as easily take another year to reach a ruling.

They can reach the 16th August and just rule to extend the decision-making period.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Yep. I'd advise to stay away. Dr. Long may be a brilliant man but he's stubborn as a donkey and has no idea how to run a business. Only reason why it was hyped a few months ago is because Vechain invested in them. Turns out the investment was guanxi and nothing more.
Thanks. I'm keeping a small amount (just a few hundred bucks) on the chance it booms but not putting anything significant in.

Reactions: Emily

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What are some of your thoughts on Cardano?
I personally don't have any. Not because I don't like it but because I simply believe my ROI (based on my own, likely flawed research) will better from other projects.

I think Cardano is a very safe project. Whats the line from Wolf of Wall Street? Its not going to make you rich, its not going to make you poor. If you're new/new-ish, I think it is a good choice. If you're looking for a relatively safe investment (in crypto there is no safe investment but I believe Cardano is one of the better ones), I think it is a good choice. If you're looking for boom/bust like I am, there are better options.

As always, this is not investment advice and you should do your own research before investing. :)

Reactions: Kelly

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Bitcoin has gone up ~2k since my daughter was born last week, I believe she was blessed by Satoshi. Her inheritance (temporarily) growing...

Curious to see what a ETF approval will do to the price. Seems inevitable at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad