Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Everything sucks at the moment. There's no confidence in the market.
There is confidence in the market. All these big companies wouldn't be investing into and looking into blockchain if their wasn't. There has been 4x as many good articles about the industry than negative (and most of the negative is fake garbage anyway) But when one whale starts telling, they all do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Did anyone else see the Ashton Kutcher donation thing on Ellen? Pretty good publicity for XRP and crypto in general IMO.

Kestrel

Jan 30, 2005
Looks like the bear trap is running out of steam. Whales ready to buy back in?
I'm not doing any buying... but I've been holding off on selling the Bitcoin I've been getting from mining. I was holding out for 10K, and it was definitely frustrating to get so close, and have everything drop. I'm hoping Monero goes back up too, its drop has really been cutting into my profitability.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'm not doing any buying... but I've been holding off on selling the Bitcoin I've been getting from mining. I was holding out for 10K, and it was definitely frustrating to get so close, and have everything drop. I'm hoping Monero goes back up too, its drop has really been cutting into my profitability.

Patience. Things are looking good in the crypto world. It will raise again..

Reactions: Kestrel

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Never really buy into these things, but fun to look at..hopefully setting itself up for a repeat, would make for a very exciting June/July

x8myi9eecsz01.png

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
There is confidence in the market. All these big companies wouldn't be investing into and looking into blockchain if their wasn't. There has been 4x as many good articles about the industry than negative (and most of the negative is fake garbage anyway) But when one whale starts telling, they all do.

Not really. The absence of significantly negative news doesn't correlate with confidence. The market is bearish. Volume isn't sufficient enough to spark a bull market and people are clinging to the hope of "institutional investors" to turn things around. People are hesitant putting fiat into cryptocurrency when it's essentially pegged to bitcoin with the remaining Mt. Gox. sell-offs looming. That and your average Joe is no longer putting money in after a lot of them were burned in January when they bought in at an ATH. There isn't the same mass-media hype as there was in Q4 last year to encourage new investors.

Will prices go up again? Probably, in all likelihood. But it wouldn't surprise me to see months of stagnation before it does. It might happen next week, but it amuses me when I see people on Twitter stating that we're going to see $20k bitcoin or $1k litecoin in June when there's no evidence pointing towards that. Even the Consensus BS was frustrating to read. But people still seem to buy into it. It's blind optimism.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Not really. The absence of significantly negative news doesn't correlate with confidence. The market is bearish. Volume isn't sufficient enough to spark a bull market and people are clinging to the hope of "institutional investors" to turn things around. People are hesitant putting fiat into cryptocurrency when it's essentially pegged to bitcoin with the remaining Mt. Gox. sell-offs looming. That and your average Joe is no longer putting money in after a lot of them were burned in January when they bought in at an ATH. There isn't the same mass-media hype as there was in Q4 last year to encourage new investors.

Will prices go up again? Probably, in all likelihood. But it wouldn't surprise me to see months of stagnation before it does. It might happen next week, but it amuses me when I see people on Twitter stating that we're going to see $20k bitcoin or $1k litecoin in June when there's no evidence pointing towards that. Even the Consensus BS was frustrating to read. But people still seem to buy into it. It's blind optimism.

Just because it's not in the middle of a bull run doesn't mean that there isn't confidence in the market. The market is still almost completely manipulated by whales and will be until crypto becomes more mainstream. The second whales start pumping money back into it and the hype returns, those average joes, and new average joes will jump aboard, just like in November/dec. By then though there will be easier avenues to purchase what they want instead of jumping through hoops, using shady exchanges, and waiting weeks to be verified.

Money predictions are always hilarious since nobody knows what is going to happen. Most of the time nobody knows why the price shot up or down. They are basically fun to look at but I would never put money into something because they predicted it will go up 500% in a month. Everything is still tied to bitcoin and will be for at least the near future.

It will absolutely go up, and likely A LOT. Everything is still in the baby stage. Who knows when but i'm extremely confident it's not a matter of if, but when it will explode up. (Could be August, could be a year from now, could be 5 years from now)

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Whats going on with NVO? The price has been frozen for weeks..?

@Gardner McKay

So, CoinMarketCap decided to not work with counterparty anymore. Therefore, all support for counterparty tokens (except for XCP itself because it is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex) have been removed. They are working on a work around for the time being. :)

Things are moving... slow as shit, but they are moving.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So, CoinMarketCap decided to not work with counterparty anymore. Therefore, all support for counterparty tokens (except for XCP itself because it is traded on Poloniex and Bittrex) have been removed. They are working on a work around for the time being. :)

Things are moving... slow as ****, but they are moving.
Thanks for the update :)

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Crypto being Crypto :laugh: Sooo much good news that continues to come out but the volume just isnt there yet. Everything is in motion...it will take some time but everything will eventually explode(September? End of year? 2020? Who knows). Just hold boys. You will be kicking yourself if you get out of the game now.

I'm going on vacation for 7 days tomorrow...will be deleting all my price tracking apps...not even going to take a peak at anything during the 7 days :nod:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If OCN goes sub penny, I may drop another few $$$K into that. I might also add to my Dadi bag. Masternodes are relatively cheap, Main net launches in July AFAIK and they will begin to sell their product later this year. Could be a good one.

A lot of Main net launches this year. I'm not too concerned at the moment about the market. If by the end of the year and early 2019 we are still stagnant, I may get slightly concerned. With all these projects finally putting out products, it hopefully should start the march towards mass adoption. All in theory of course. Then again, "in theory", communism is a good idea.

Last edited:

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland

If you guys want a chance at winning a Trezor and a little bit of EQC then Qchain are running a world cup contest. Only 25 people in it at the moment as well, so pretty decent chance at winning something.

Reactions: Gardner McKay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad