Cryptocurrencies Part II - No more forks for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Not disagreeing with you, just saying that you can recognize potential pumps and ride the wave, but the key is to jump off before the dump happens.

This meme exists for a reason. There are absolutely some pumps in crypto but any sort of TA will get you burned. What @What the Faulk said is true. It is a highly volatile asset. Conventional TA doesn't work here.
image_480.png

Reactions: What the Faulk

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
There is no pattern with crypto. It is highly volatile and does not conform to triangles and whatever analysis you want to throw at it. You've gotten lucky is all. Day trading is fine, but be careful.
Not a trader here but lot's of people would disagree with that, I agree it's just whale manipulation when discussing Pnd's and those are largely unpredictable, but there are 100% long term Bitcoin patterns that people look at to aid them on trading long term swings

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Not a trader here but lot's of people would disagree with that, I agree it's just whale manipulation when discussing Pnd's and those are largely unpredictable, but there are 100% long term Bitcoin patterns that people look at to aid them on trading long term swings

Yeah, and lots of people believe all sorts of wrong things. Lots of people believe the Earth is flat.

Crypto doesn't conform to traditional charts, which are largely bogus anyway. It's a myth.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Yeah, and lots of people believe all sorts of wrong things. Lots of people believe the Earth is flat.

Crypto doesn't conform to traditional charts, which are largely bogus anyway. It's a myth.
Crypto definitely doesn't follow traditional charting. But for example, based on previous years we can expect a large sell off in January, because it seems to happen every year. Do I put value in those triangle thingamabobs no, but to say there's no patterns at all is a bit ignorant

Last edited:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Charts are based on arbitrary lines drawn on a graph and the only human element is the confirmation bias from the people reading too much into this randomness.

And there's nothing special about January. 2017 saw it open at 960 from 792 a week earlier, rise to 1156 a week into the new year, hit a low of 780 a week later, and close the month at 970. 2015 opened the month in the 400s, the same as a week before, not dip to the 300s until halfway through the month, then close at 373. There's no pattern.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Charts are based on arbitrary lines drawn on a graph and the only human element is the confirmation bias from the people reading too much into this randomness.

And there's nothing special about January. 2017 saw it open at 960 from 792 a week earlier, rise to 1156 a week into the new year, hit a low of 780 a week later, and close the month at 970. 2015 opened the month in the 400s, the same as a week before, not dip to the 300s until halfway through the month, then close at 373. There's no pattern.
What happend before and after was different of course. I just find it odd how a sell off would occur in mid january in all these instances.

Attachments

• chart.jpeg
    chart.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 14

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
I can't read any of that outside of the highlighted portion of the graph, so I can't tell how significant and/or misleading it is. But from looking at the raw numbers, I didn't see anything that said January is different than any other month (or any 30-day period of time, for that matter). In any event, a January sell-off would make sense given that it's the start of a new year and people may want to realize some gains for tax purposes, or things of that nature. I don't think that has to do with predicting day-to-day patterns or chart analysis, though.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
I can't read any of that outside of the highlighted portion of the graph, so I can't tell how significant and/or misleading it is. But from looking at the raw numbers, I didn't see anything that said January is different than any other month (or any 30-day period of time, for that matter). In any event, a January sell-off would make sense given that it's the start of a new year and people may want to realize some gains for tax purposes, or things of that nature. I don't think that has to do with predicting day-to-day patterns or chart analysis, though.
No no that's exactly what I'm thinking, I don't think it's people predicting day-to-day patterns or chart analysis, I think it is what you just said, "people may want to realize some gains for tax purposes", but i would also classify that as a pattern of market behavior we could predict each year. I believe in patterns when there's a reason behind them.

Reactions: What the Faulk

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If you're not in Oyster Pearl yet it's a good time to get in before it really blows up. Previous ATH was $5, but with the minimum pegged storage being sent around the valuation should be over $15. Working product, good team, and if you didn't already know they're going to be using something call 'Shell' as a token for connectivity and dapps across the Pearl meshnet. It's very ambitious, and there's going to be an airdrop of SHL tokens to everyone holding pearl in April at a 1:1 ratio. Now would be a good time to start accumulating because I think the price will just keep going up between now and then. A few weeks out I'll likely dump most of my holdings for PRL to get as much as I can before the airdrop and re-diversify after.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
What da heck is LUN? Shooting through the roof in Binance, if this is not a pump and dump, then I don't know what is.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
What da heck is LUN? Shooting through the roof in Binance, if this is not a pump and dump, then I don't know what is.

Could be. They have a really small token supply. It is easy to pump coins with that low of a supply.

I'm feeling really optimistic lately even though the market has been stagnant for a bit. Part of the reason for my optimism comes from the DEX concept. Putting aside my unbridled enthusiasm for the NVO project, there are other DEX projects in the works as well. I think part of the issue holding us back is that new money isn't able to flow in very easily right now. Bittrex has cut off new user registrations. So have a few other CEX's. Bittrex also changed their policy that they can remove support for any token at any time. As far as I understand, if they do, you effectively lose access to those tokens permanently. Shady shit. Poloniex was just acquired for $400 million. That is a big ass acquisition and the first time I am aware of that a major exchange was bought/sold.

Exchanges like Bittrex, Binance, Bitfinex are the lifeblood behind alt coin trading. You can go to any place to trade BTC/ETH/LTC. As more DEX's come into the market and offer things that weren't offered in the past such as cross chain support (NVO) or Atomic Swaps (blocknet), I think people will begin to flock to them. I know Blocknet releases their beta in March. NVO is still scheduled for their DEX to release by the end of March. There are others out there. I'm thinking DEX's are the next wave that take crypto past the 1 trillion dollar market cap point.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Could be. They have a really small token supply. It is easy to pump coins with that low of a supply.

I'm feeling really optimistic lately even though the market has been stagnant for a bit. Part of the reason for my optimism comes from the DEX concept. Putting aside my unbridled enthusiasm for the NVO project, there are other DEX projects in the works as well. I think part of the issue holding us back is that new money isn't able to flow in very easily right now. Bittrex has cut off new user registrations. So have a few other CEX's. Bittrex also changed their policy that they can remove support for any token at any time. As far as I understand, if they do, you effectively lose access to those tokens permanently. Shady ****. Poloniex was just acquired for $400 million. That is a big ass acquisition and the first time I am aware of that a major exchange was bought/sold.

Exchanges like Bittrex, Binance, Bitfinex are the lifeblood behind alt coin trading. You can go to any place to trade BTC/ETH/LTC. As more DEX's come into the market and offer things that weren't offered in the past such as cross chain support (NVO) or Atomic Swaps (blocknet), I think people will begin to flock to them. I know Blocknet releases their beta in March. NVO is still scheduled for their DEX to release by the end of March. There are others out there. I'm thinking DEX's are the next wave that take crypto past the 1 trillion dollar market cap point.

I agree with every word of this. There's a bottleneck right now that's preventing new money from coming in. My portfolio hasn't moved much more than +/- 2.5% over the last two weeks or so. The first fully functional DEX that hits the market is going to get a huge boost. Hopefully that's NVO.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I agree with every word of this. There's a bottleneck right now that's preventing new money from coming in. My portfolio hasn't moved much more than +/- 2.5% over the last two weeks or so. The first fully functional DEX that hits the market is going to get a huge boost. Hopefully that's NVO.

First to market is going to be such a huge advantage. Even if NVO isn't first, they should come out of the gate with at least 25-40 million in volume from the coinpayments partnership alone. That is significant. It is entirely possible we are doing 50 million a day in volume in the first 1-2 months. The plug-in system allows any coin out there to be listed, for free. Instead of a new token paying $450k to an exchange like HitBTC or $300k to Bittrex, that money can go back to the project if they list on NVO.

Not to mention a cross blockchain wallet that is capable of storing hundreds of different tokens doesn't exist yet. Things are looking up!! I would expect a huge surge in price with the release of Veserus. No new accounts can be created on Bittrex right now so that limits access to XCP to buy tokens on counterparty. Poloniex isn't allowing XCP withdrawals as far as I know. Veserus is going to be the key to getting this token to 100k+ a day in volume with a stable price. I am expecting somewhere in the $8-10 range post Veserus release. If that seems like a lot, remember that would only put NVO at a $150 million market cap and they still wouldn't even crack the top 100. Tons of room for growth.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
First to market is going to be such a huge advantage. Even if NVO isn't first, they should come out of the gate with at least 25-40 million in volume from the coinpayments partnership alone. That is significant. It is entirely possible we are doing 50 million a day in volume in the first 1-2 months. The plug-in system allows any coin out there to be listed, for free. Instead of a new token paying $450k to an exchange like HitBTC or $300k to Bittrex, that money can go back to the project if they list on NVO.

Not to mention a cross blockchain wallet that is capable of storing hundreds of different tokens doesn't exist yet. Things are looking up!! I would expect a huge surge in price with the release of Veserus. No new accounts can be created on Bittrex right now so that limits access to XCP to buy tokens on counterparty. Poloniex isn't allowing XCP withdrawals as far as I know. Veserus is going to be the key to getting this token to 100k+ a day in volume with a stable price. I am expecting somewhere in the $8-10 range post Veserus release. If that seems like a lot, remember that would only put NVO at a $150 million market cap and they still wouldn't even crack the top 100. Tons of room for growth.

Man, if it hit those numbers it'd shoot past WTC in terms of my portfolio representation. And I don't see why you'd be wrong. It approached $5 a month or so ago despite being only traded on the world's worst exchange. I wanted to add some more a week or so ago, but Bittrex also locked XCP withdrawals, though it looks like they're now open again.

At $1.07 right now, it's still an excellent buy with that low circulation. I just always have such a tough time deciding what to move around. WTC is my biggest holding and I really should take some profits, especially with VEN locking in all these partnerships, but I still believe strongly in it. Liquidating my NEO, OAX, and ENJ wouldn't make much of a difference as I don't own too much of them, so I'm pretty much locked into those for the long haul. BNB makes sense, but it's useful for moving around my WTC when I eventually do that. COSS is feeding me free ETH and compounding on itself with the dividends, so I'm happy where that is as well (plus it's down right now). I keep coming back to LSK and OMG as those are highest against their ATHs right now, though again, both could explode at any moment.

I'll probably end up skimming a little LSK, OMG, and WTC to put me over an NVO milestone. DEXs are definitely the future, and I think I'm going to regret it (kinda -- lots of things have potential right now) if I didn't keep adding.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Man, if it hit those numbers it'd shoot past WTC in terms of my portfolio representation. And I don't see why you'd be wrong. It approached $5 a month or so ago despite being only traded on the world's worst exchange. I wanted to add some more a week or so ago, but Bittrex also locked XCP withdrawals, though it looks like they're now open again.

At $1.07 right now, it's still an excellent buy with that low circulation. I just always have such a tough time deciding what to move around. WTC is my biggest holding and I really should take some profits, especially with VEN locking in all these partnerships, but I still believe strongly in it. Liquidating my NEO, OAX, and ENJ wouldn't make much of a difference as I don't own too much of them, so I'm pretty much locked into those for the long haul. BNB makes sense, but it's useful for moving around my WTC when I eventually do that. COSS is feeding me free ETH and compounding on itself with the dividends, so I'm happy where that is as well (plus it's down right now). I keep coming back to LSK and OMG as those are highest against their ATHs right now, though again, both could explode at any moment.

I'll probably end up skimming a little LSK, OMG, and WTC to put me over an NVO milestone. DEXs are definitely the future, and I think I'm going to regret it (kinda -- lots of things have potential right now) if I didn't keep adding.

At this point I am holding firm. Then again, I way over bought to begin with lol. I'm not sure how much NVO you have but as little as a few thousand could end up being a really significant amount of money. If you have anywhere between 5-10k, you are really set and if you have 10k+ and it takes off, well you could be set for life. With that being said... Diversity is important. I love OMG. I am pissed I didn't buy back in when it dipped to $10. I cashed out when it was at $25ish to pay off my car. Lisk is another good one.

You seem like you're in a really good position portfolio wise. I am not giving up my WTC under any circumstances. That could easily be a 3 digit coin in the near future.

void

Jan 5, 2006
WTC got caught faking winners for their contest. Price has been dumping since.

In other news, Charlie Lee announced that he now owns some NANO!!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Honestly though, MAJOR RED FLAG if that is what a company is doing. If i had money in that i'd be dumping quicker than flies on shit as well.

I would NEVER invest in a company that I can't trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad