Crosby fights Niskanen

Aaaaaaaaaaaaa

May 16, 2009
Reading page after page of this can give you a headache, but I felt the need to respond as a guy who likes the Pens, but isn't a crazy Pens fans, and a guy who likes Crosby as a player, and thinks all the hater stuff is quite juvenile.

As far as the Pens players getting picked on by stronger Dallas players...that's ridiculous. They are all men, they know the risks of the game, and no one was an unwilling participant in any of those scraps. Good on Letang for fighting a tough guy like Morrow. So he lost...that's how it goes.

People who "lol" at Crosby's fighting style...I "lol" at you. How many pro hockey fights have you been in? Exactly. Stop being such a hater and look at it as a leadership move, which is was. His team is underperforming and they need a spark right now, however it comes. So it wasn't against Morrow or some other tough guy...big deal. A fight is a fight. All hockey players have been in them at one time or another. You either stand in there or get knocked on your ass. Niskanen stood in there like a man...so no worries.

To the posters who say Crosby is a wimp because he doesn't want to get hit in the face shows me that that poster is A) a child (maybe teenage soccer player) or, B) someone who has never been punched in the face. Video games don't count, kid. Of course you avoid getting punched in the face.

I don't see a problem with any fight that took place. All just a bunch of good guys having fun and playing a game. Trust me, after the game, if they had a chance, they'd all go have beers and laugh about it while you ladies complain about who should be fighting who and the style they used to avoid a fist in the face.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Reading page after page of this can give you a headache, but I felt the need to respond as a guy who likes the Pens, but isn't a crazy Pens fans, and a guy who likes Crosby as a player, and thinks all the hater stuff is quite juvenile.

As far as the Pens players getting picked on by stronger Dallas players...that's ridiculous. They are all men, they know the risks of the game, and no one was an unwilling participant in any of those scraps. Good on Letang for fighting a tough guy like Morrow. So he lost...that's how it goes.

People who "lol" at Crosby's fighting style...I "lol" at you. How many pro hockey fights have you been in? Exactly. Stop being such a hater and look at it as a leadership move, which is was. His team is underperforming and they need a spark right now, however it comes. So it wasn't against Morrow or some other tough guy...big deal. A fight is a fight. All hockey players have been in them at one time or another. You either stand in there or get knocked on your ass. Niskanen stood in there like a man...so no worries.

To the posters who say Crosby is a wimp because he doesn't want to get hit in the face shows me that that poster is A) a child (maybe teenage soccer player) or, B) someone who has never been punched in the face. Video games don't count, kid. Of course you avoid getting punched in the face.

I don't see a problem with any fight that took place. All just a bunch of good guys having fun and playing a game. Trust me, after the game, if they had a chance, they'd all go have beers and laugh about it while you ladies complain about who should be fighting who and the style they used to avoid a fist in the face.

Furthering that line of thinking, I literally just saw an interview where Getzlaf said he himself (Getzlaf) fights like he does because he didn't want to get punched in the face.

In general, people don't want to get punched in the face, and especially stars who would hurt the team by their extended absence.

AugustBurnsRed*

If you're referring to me (which you probably are since I'm basically the only one who said this), I never said he was a wimp. I also said his fighting style is hilarious to watch. So? Why can't I find it funny and respect what he did as a response to Letang's fight?

I'm also one of the biggest Sid homers on these boards..

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Serious question. Who are you to tell someone what team to root for/what jersey to wear?

Nobody. So me expressing my opinion shouldn't concern or bother you.

You're out of your element here. Unless you live or have lived in Dallas I'm really not too worried about your opinion of my assessment of the local sports fan.

And again, not that my opinion matters in the least, but I've seen enough Red Sox and Lakers gear worn on the same body simultaneously to turn my stomach. I don't expect everyone to share my feelings on fandom. It is what it is. Peace.

Darth Sidious*

Nobody. So me expressing my opinion shouldn't concern or bother you.

You're out of your element here. Unless you live or have lived in Dallas I'm really not too worried about your opinion of my assessment of the local sports fan.

And again, not that my opinion matters in the least, but I've seen enough Red Sox and Lakers gear worn on the same body simultaneously to turn my stomach. I don't expect everyone to share my feelings on fandom. It is what it is. Peace.

Good to know that we are on the same page here. Peace.

kmw220*

interesting thread

to all the flyers fans saying Crosby should fight Richards, be careful what u wish for. Richards is nothing special, Crosby could easily handle him

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Warning: boring, prolix rant ahead, read at your own peril.

I wasn't picking on fanbases, and I did my research. In the 03-04 season, Pittsburgh averaged ~11,000 people per game. That was back when they couldn't get a new arena deal, and they couldn't pay Lemieux all he was owed, so he bailed them out by accepting his pay in the form of partial team ownership. The NHL rejected a bid to purchase and relocate the team, and then by a real stroke of luck both for the franchise and the league (some say it was rigged, but those people are dumb), they won the Crosby lottery and the rest is history. I would think this information would be humbling to these "fans" that probably don't even know Ryan Malone was ever a Penguin, but I guess it's a lot more fun to be an arrogant ******.

Before I get crap about generalizing a fanbase, most Penguins fans are excellent fans and even better people, but there exists this contingent of *******s that makes me really want to hate the Penguins, which is upsetting because I really like the Penguins. They've been one of my favorite teams ever since I started following hockey.

Borng, yes. prolix, it could have been worse. Oh, so your understanding goes all the way back to Ryan Malone!! My point was, and is, that people who rip on fanbases are morons. Generally, during hard times, such as in Pittsburgh, Boston and Chicago recently, the situations are fairly complex (nice try to summarize in a paragraph, but there's actually more to it than that) and--truth be told--you have to live here, or Chicago, or Boston to really get it. Smug outsiders really become tedious after awhile.

In fact, people love now to poke sport at Phoenix, Dallas, and Colorado fans. I would argue that the folks who attend those game are some pretty serious fans, worthy of respect to keep supporting (especially in Phoenix) their team during the hard times as well.

Last point, no one here really gives a crap whether you like the Pens or not. They're our team, we go to the games, we support them, we ***** about their poor play, we enjoy when they win, we speculate about changes that need to be made. You have nothing to do with this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad