Crosby fights Niskanen

AugustBurnsRed*

Usually thats the point is NOT to get hit in the face and defend yourself

fascinating stuff, absolutely riveting. I had no idea that a human does not like to be punched in the face. Next time I am getting punched in the face I will remind myself that it is not a pleasurable experience. Thank you, I now see the light.

Really though, Crosby's fighting style is my favourite. Shake the hell out of them and make sure they don't hit you while throwing some jabs. Sick stuff... and hilarious to watch.

lastcupever75

Phive cups PA.
May 14, 2009
fascinating stuff, absolutely riveting. I had no idea that a human does not like to be punched in the face. Next time I am getting punched in the face I will remind myself that it is not a pleasurable experience. Thank you, I now see the light.

Really though, Crosby's fighting style is my favourite. Shake the hell out of them and make sure they don't hit you while throwing some jabs. Sick stuff... and hilarious to watch.

reminds me of chris rock's 'i'll never hit a woman routine'

"now i'll never hit a woman, but if does something really bad to me, i'm sure as hell gonna shake the chit out of her"

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
jeez, another southerner getting introduced to hockey within the last decade.

Oouch.

Ya know, with as many Pens jerseys as I saw at the game last night it would appear that a good number of "back East" folk seem to be flocking to our fair state. I'll go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt that they actually are from Pennsylvania, or at least a neighboring state and not a bunch of post-lockout Crosby fanboys from the greater DFW area who seem to latch onto whatever team is hot in whatever sport they happen to like.

Serious question Penguins fans. Is your arena filled exclusively with jerseys sporting the numbers 87, 71, and 66? Out of the hundreds of Penguins jerseys I saw at the game last night I didn't see one (NOT ONE) sporting a different number. I find it hard to believe there aren't fan favorites other than the superstars.

DFW continues to be a metropolitan area attracting businesses and thus workers of said businesses from all over the country, especially from up North (you know, where people actually know about hockey). These ridiculous comments about us bum-**** southerners not knowing the sport are tiresome. Besides, most hockey fans in the area are transplants.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Serious question Penguins fans. Is your arena filled exclusively with jerseys sporting the numbers 87, 71, and 66? Out of the hundreds of Penguins jerseys I saw at the game last night I didn't see one (NOT ONE) sporting a different number. I find it hard to believe there aren't fan favorites other than the superstars.

You see a ton of Talbot jerseys, as well as Orpik, Gonchar, and Letang. It seems like everyone and their mother has a blue Kris Letang jersey. And for some ungodly reason a lot of Mike Rupp jerseys.

As for the fight, I think Crosby just did what Morrow did. Dallas' captain fought a skilled defenseman that doesn't fight much, so Crosby just did the same.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
Oouch.

Ya know, with as many Pens jerseys as I saw at the game last night it would appear that a good number of "back East" folk seem to be flocking to our fair state. I'll go ahead and give them the benefit of the doubt that they actually are from Pennsylvania, or at least a neighboring state and not a bunch of post-lockout Crosby fanboys from the greater DFW area who seem to latch onto whatever team is hot in whatever sport they happen to like.

DFW continues to be a metropolitan area attracting businesses and thus workers of said businesses from all over the country, especially from up North (you know, where people actually know about hockey). These ridiculous comments about us bum-**** southerners not knowing the sport are tiresome. Besides, most hockey fans in the area are transplants.

87, 71, and 66 dominate definately (I confess, I wear 66 and 71). Fleury, Letang, and Talbot are second tier.

BTW, off topic, hockey fans are hockey fans no matter whee they're from and I believe them to be generally superior to non-hockey fans. My point is I don't care about anyone's comments about an another teams fanbase--nor should you. In fact, if any fans deserve respect, my hat is off the Phoenix Coyotes fans. Given what they've gone through, those are fans!

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
The sentiment in this thread is pretty hilarious. Basically, a bunch of opposition fans blabbering about how Crosby should be fighting goons and power forwards to legitimize himself.

Is that about right? :laugh:

Giroux tha Damaja

Apr 17, 2009
Mount Holly, NJ
Haha, it looks like those "punches" were collateral contact from Sid trying to shake him to death. :laugh:

It looks like what you'd do to a girl when shes smacking the hell out of you and you can't hit her. You just sort of grab her biceps and put "the shake" on her. It looked like Crosby threw him around so damn good he couldn't hit him because he was moving around too much.

He should fight Carcillo. What if he beat him up? That **** would be hilarious.

EDIT: Just saw someone mention the shake above......yeah, that.

Last edited:

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
The sentiment in this thread is pretty hilarious. Basically, a bunch of opposition fans blabbering about how Crosby should be fighting goons and power forwards to legitimize himself.

Is that about right? :laugh:

You're forgetting about the Pittsburgh fans blabbering about Morrow "going after" Letang as if he forced him to drop the gloves.

:laugh:

Darth Sidious*

Oouch.

If I was a Stars fan, I would be more concerned with the empty seats than who is wearing what sweater and calling people fanboys.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
You're forgetting about the Pittsburgh fans blabbering about Morrow "going after" Letang as if he forced him to drop the gloves.

:laugh:

That's stupid too, and thankfully moved to another thread.

If Letang wasn't ready to go he shouldn't have been in the line-up, and he certainly shouldn't have dropped them expecting mercy.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
From reading most of the posts on here I'm glad I'm not a moderator.

Just another in many bash Crosby threads.

The funny thing is I've always seen Crosby as a Flyer type of player.

You know, tough, hard hitting, not shy away from the rough stuff on the boards, the occasional cheap shot and sometimes a bit yappy.

Crossovert*

1288980652.jpg

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
If I was a Stars fan, I would be more concerned with the empty seats than who is wearing what sweater and calling people fanboys.

:laugh: Yeah yeah yeah. Hockey will never work in Texas...let's move the team to a city that cares blah blah blah. If the Penguins and Blackhawks had had the attendance numbers they have now when those teams were in the crapper then you may actually have a point of some kind. Winning puts butts in seats. It's no different in Dallas than it is in Chicago, Pittsburgh, Los Angeles, etc.

And for the record, I was questioning the DFW sports "fan" here in Dallas as to how they came to be such ardent supporters of one of the better teams in hockey. Was there a mass exodus from Pennsylvania? Or is it a case of bandwagon DFW sports "fans" who until this fall were more likely to wear a Boston Red Sox cap than Texas Rangers gear.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Message to both of them: Next time, don't fight with a visor. They knew they were going before the faceoff, so why not squared off and remove the lids?

And no, I don't have an issue with Crosby fighting Niskanen since Matt looked more than willing.

I have no beef with guys who wear visors. None at all. But if you fight with on one, you're nothing more than a pansy. *cough* Tyler Kennedy cough*

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Hahaha, no it wasn't. Do your research. Picking on fanbases, no matter who they are, is stupid.
Warning: boring, prolix rant ahead, read at your own peril.

I wasn't picking on fanbases, and I did my research. In the 03-04 season, Pittsburgh averaged ~11,000 people per game. That was back when they couldn't get a new arena deal, and they couldn't pay Lemieux all he was owed, so he bailed them out by accepting his pay in the form of partial team ownership. The NHL rejected a bid to purchase and relocate the team, and then by a real stroke of luck both for the franchise and the league (some say it was rigged, but those people are dumb), they won the Crosby lottery and the rest is history. I would think this information would be humbling to these "fans" that probably don't even know Ryan Malone was ever a Penguin, but I guess it's a lot more fun to be an arrogant ******.

Before I get crap about generalizing a fanbase, most Penguins fans are excellent fans and even better people, but there exists this contingent of *******s that makes me really want to hate the Penguins, which is upsetting because I really like the Penguins. They've been one of my favorite teams ever since I started following hockey.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
But you can take jabs at Pens fans, right? Makes sense.

You may want to try re-reading my original post which you took exception to and my subsequent response. DFW is not a great sports city. Generally speaking there are a ton of fair weather fans and bandwagoners for certain out-of-town teams. I wasn't taking jabs at Penguins fans. I was taking a jab at Dallas sports fans. That's why I carefully worded my question (which was promptly and politely answered by a few Pens fans before you chimed in) to include the preface, "serious question."

Darth Sidious*

You may want to try re-reading my original post which you took exception to and my subsequent response. DFW is not a great sports city. Generally speaking there are a ton of fair weather fans and bandwagoners for certain out-of-town teams. I wasn't taking jabs at Penguins fans. I was taking a jab at Dallas sports fans. That's why I carefully worded my question (which was promptly and politely answered by a few Pens fans before you chimed in) to include the preface, "serious question."

Serious question. Who are you to tell someone what team to root for/what jersey to wear?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad