Injury Report: Crawford - lower body - out 2-3 weeks

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
@ChrisKuc: Corey Crawford refused to get into details about his off-ice injury. Wouldn't reveal if alcohol was a factor. #Blachawks
@ChrisKuc: Corey Crawford wouldn't reveal which concert he was attending when he injured his foot. #Blackhawks

We can only pray it was Rise Against.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
I just pictured Crow drunkenly dancing and falling at a Rise Against show while "Hero of War" plays in the background, and now I can't stop giggling. Just further proof that I'm an awful person

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
corey-crawford2.jpg

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
There are pictures on twitter of him in his walking boot. Maybe someone who sees it can identify if it looks more like a sprain or break protective thingy.

Ankle sprain. Doubt it is a high ankle sprain given the time frame. I'd say it'll be two weeks if there aren't any setbacks. If it was a high ankle sprain they would've likely said 4-5 weeks.

Sounds like he may have had a couple six beers and rolled it pretty good.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So who is going to get the majority of the starts while Crow is out? Raanta? Or Darling?

Raanta's allegedly the #2 guy, but there's been a lot of speculation that the organization wants to swap the two in their depth chart, so can't really say for sure.

My hunch is that it's Raanta's gig to lose still. Assuming it takes three weeks to get Crow back, that means we won't see him until after Xmas, so that's eleven games.... Unless either stink up the joint, or stand up in a big way, I'd probably guess 6 or 7 Raanta starts and 4 or 5 Darling starts. I'd imagine a bare minimum of three Darling starts to account for the three back to back games we have in that span, but I'd expect more.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Luckily it was not a Bieber concert...now that would have been the last straw!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad