Injury Report: Crawford - lower body - out 2-3 weeks

Crow

May 19, 2014
So people here mostly wants Darling to be starting majority of the games Crawford isn't, am I reading this right?

It's a case of the outspoken minority leading you to believe this. I would expect most people would give raanta a very solid chance at keeping the job as his play continues to warrant it.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Some do, some don't. Hardly would say that there's a consensus one way or the other in the fanbase or even the organization, though I'd say that both are leaning more to the side that it's still Raanta's gig to lose.

Agreed. By starting Raanta last night, that was exactly how I read it, though I don't agree. Darling does not look at all like a flash in the pan. He has been consistently good since training camp and he has an advantage over all of our other goalies in one respect, his size. Raanta is small, and plays small to a large extent. CC is pretty good at making himself bigger than he actually is, but Darling is the quintessential modern goalie. Big and athletic. Hawks would be crazy to let him go.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm personally hoping that Darling gets more than a few starts during Crow's downtime just so we have a better idea of what both players have to offer us. Assuming that Crow's out for ten more games, I'd be good with Raanta getting six of them and Darling getting four.

I reckon that Raanta was under a fair bit of pressure to perform last night and after a shaky first period, acquitted himsef well. In his next start, Darlng will be in the same boat. I expect him to rise to the occasion. December should be an interesting month.

SatchelRuaz

Nov 2, 2014
Crawford flew in to Boston to rejoin the team today. Q still says long shot to play over the weekend, but he is getting closer. Scott Darling practiced in one net today, Crawford and Raanta shared the other.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
I am glad that he is at least back with the team. He has plenty of time to heal up and get back into the swing of it with the team playing great right now. No need to rush back not at 100%

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Guessing we see Crawford on the 20th vs Columbus. Probably don't want to give him the Wild his first game back on Tuesday.

BobbyJet

Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Crawford flew in to Boston to rejoin the team today. Q still says long shot to play over the weekend, but he is getting closer. Scott Darling practiced in one net today, Crawford and Raanta shared the other.

Hmm. Quite surprised that Crawford is skating so soon. Seems the trial of Raanta/Darling will be shorter in December than I anticipated. I reckon Raanta isn't too pleased right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00