Injury Report: Crawford - day to day - upper body injury

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
.903 behind a D consisting of Montador/O'Donnell/Scott/Lepisto and Olsen >>>>>>>>>>> .897 behind D consisting of Keith (Norris winning Keith) , Seabrook , Hjalmarsson , Oduya , Leddy , Rozy/Brookbankd

2012 goalies = Crawford .903 and Emery at .900
2014 goalies = Crawford .917 and Raanta at .897

One year clearly had a lesser D that both goalies struggled behind ,, Last year one goalie was good and other was a joke

Also track record of Crawford as proven AHL/NHL starter >>>>> Raanta track record of nothing

I guess Raanta is the new Stalberg around here ,, Keep hyping him up and pretending he is something

And a goalie performing well in Europe means nothing ,, How did Salak turn out?
Wow,that's a pretty anti-Antti Raanta raanta you went on there. I'll see myself out.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Apparently someone likes to forget that Raanta only played last year due to Khabibulin being injured (and a bit lackluster). He didn't have more than two months in the AHL, before he was called upon. Even so, he performed as good as most any back-up goalie. But continue to compare him to Salak and Stalberg (who was named dropped for no good reason), we're all smart enough to not take you seriously.

here come the

Mar 25, 2013
I don't think anyone is hyping Raanta. We are just saying that is is capable of winning us games while our starter is out.

Nope, saying a young goalie adjusting to the league can improve and has shown talent in the NHL and before the NHL is hyping him up.

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
Wait a minute, so we can't win tonight because Raanta is in net?

Wow, just... wow. :shakehead

I still have good confidence that we'll win tonight, just like I do everytime this team takes the ice.

How do some of you leave your bedrooms each morning?

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
Apparently someone likes to forget that Raanta only played last year due to Khabibulin being injured (and a bit lackluster). He didn't have more than two months in the AHL, before he was called upon. Even so, he performed as good as most any back-up goalie. But continue to compare him to Salak and Stalberg (who was named dropped for no good reason), we're all smart enough to not take you seriously.

We like to forget. :shakehead

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
He should be adjusting in AHL

He did nothing to deserve this #2 spot nor is he suited for it

chi_g_anttirts_600x400.jpg

^Post shut-out
:handclap:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He should be adjusting in AHL

He did nothing to deserve this #2 spot nor is he suited for it

Did nothing? We had Leighton and Darling competing for that spot with Raanta. But guess what, they didn't win it, Raanta did. And who are you to say he isn't suited for it? Your not a coach or GM, your a guy who's sitting by a computer mocking a player you haven't seen play a real game since April. And don't get me wrong, we're also here commenting on a player we haven't seen in months, but at least we're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
chi_g_anttirts_600x400.jpg

^Post shut-out
:handclap:

And how did he play in 2014? Lets take a look at his starts

.889 vs Devils (3 GA on 27 shots)
.900 vs Oilers (2 GA on 20 shots)
.895 vs Wild (2 GA on 19 shots)
.733 vs Flames (4 GA on 15 shots) (Crawford had to come in as he got pulled)
.897 vs Avs (3 GA on 29 shots)
.919 vs Flyers (3 GA on 37 shots)
.828 vs Sens (5 GA on 29 shots)
.889 vs Jackets (3 GA on 27 shots)
.813 vs Preds (6 GA on 32 shots)

Did nothing? We had Leighton and Darling competing for that spot with Raanta. But guess what, they didn't win it, Raanta did. And who are you to say he isn't suited for it? Your not a coach or GM, your a guy who's sitting by a computer mocking a player you haven't seen play a real game since April. And don't get me wrong, we're also here commenting on a player we haven't seen in months, but at least we're willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly wasn't an open competition as Darling was best goalie in camp ,, And Leighton never got a chance to win job

So you're saying unequivocally he's going to have a bad year? Just to make a note of it and your words aren't twisted.

I expect about a dozen wins and a sv pct around .904

And a new #2 in 2015

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I would love for Raanta to have great year and prove me wrong. I admit when I am wrong about a player (Oduya for Hawks and Kyle Long for Bears turned out well despite my initial problems with acquisitions)

On other hand I have been right with Huet , Rundblad , Stalberg and other notables despite the claims from many on this board about how wrong I was before those people eventually saw the light

Gurth

Feb 22, 2010
Madison
I'm of the mind to give him a chance tonight and you know... see how it goes.

He was going to play at some point.

CourtneyDagger50

Resident Pig Expert
Jan 11, 2014
Rockford
6 of those games, he had 3 or less goals. That is on par with pretty much every goalie in the league. There were nights he let in more, it happens.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I would love for Raanta to have great year and prove me wrong. I admit when I am wrong about a player (Oduya for Hawks and Kyle Long for Bears turned out well despite my initial problems with acquisitions)

On other hand I have been right with Huet , Rundblad , Stalberg and other notables despite the claims from many on this board about how wrong I was before those people eventually saw the light

So what you are saying is you have no idea if you will be right or wrong and all this blustering could very well turn out to be for nothing. Tell me something I didn't already know.

Canadian Wampa

Feb 1, 2012
I'm hoping this fires up the team. Knowing they don't have CC to bail them out of defensive mistakes will perhaps lead to better play.

Stu Grimson

Apr 16, 2014

No you are blindly throwing out names of people who started out slow, and of course some flop, but some do not, and promote yourself to some kind of Nostradamus.

Raanta might give up 5 tonight, he might not. But if he pitches a shutout nobody will be expecting him to be the next Roy, but if he gives up five Im sure you will be calling him the next Huet.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I'm hoping this fires up the team. Knowing they don't have CC to bail them out of defensive mistakes will perhaps lead to better play.

Yeah, maybe they can increase that league leading shot differential and winning percentage.

Kostik20

Jan 21, 2008
Chicago
Really surprised by the negative comments regarding Raanta. I thought he did well last season, and I feel really comfortable having him as a backup throughout the year. Give the guy a chance to show his worth this season before jumping on the hate wagon.

Xinji

Apr 27, 2014
Really surprised by the negative comments regarding Raanta. I thought he did well last season, and I feel really comfortable having him as a backup throughout the year. Give the guy a chance to show his worth this season before jumping on the hate wagon.

Feel the exact same. Give the guy a shot, at the very least. ;)

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
No point in arguing with BWC. He's chosen Raanta for his hateboner, justified or not, there is no swaying his opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad