GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers 7pm/mt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
That's an absolutely mind bottling number.

So much wrong with the team not being ready. So much wrong with the coaching staff of this team.

c1752e4dca34b314ac8079dda9315f59.jpg

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
On the way home, I was just listening to Lowetide and Gazzola on the Neilsen show and they all basically reiterate what most of us are in regards to Pujljujarvi which is why have this talented thoroughbred in the bottom 6 when it's not like there are other better options pushing him down the lineup not only playing in the bottom 6 but playing out of position.

As Neilsen said "You don't play a thoroughbred with donkeys, you play a thoroughbred with other throughbreds and let him learn how to be a thoroughbred". Completely agree with Lowetide as well, "If they aren't going to play him significant minutes with McDavid or Draisaitl, they might as well trade him now if they don't believe in him before this turns into another Yakupov situation where they wind up selling low on him". Gazzola "let him run". Can someone please explain what the plan is here? Maybe I'm missing the big picture here but I'm not understand what is being accomplished by playing an unproductive 35 year old in the top 6 while their highest skilled winger is rotting in the bottom 6, in a season that is all about developing at this point.

Reactions: PulYou

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
On the way home, I was just listening to Lowetide and Gazzola on the Neilsen show and they all basically reiterate what most of us are in regards to Pujljujarvi which is why have this talented thoroughbred in the bottom 6 when it's not like there are other better options pushing him down the lineup not only playing in the bottom 6 but playing out of position.

As Neilsen said "You don't play a thoroughbred with donkeys, you play a thoroughbred with other throughbreds and let him learn how to be a thoroughbred". Completely agree with Lowetide as well, "If they aren't going to play him significant minutes with McDavid or Draisaitl, they might as well trade him now if they don't believe in him before this turns into another Yakupov situation where they wind up selling low on him". Gazzola "let him run". Can someone please explain what the plan is here? Maybe I'm missing the big picture here but I'm not understand what is being accomplished by playing an unproductive 35 year old in the top 6 while their highest skilled winger is rotting in the bottom 6, in a season that is all about developing at this point.

Just embrace the tank bro.... just like management and coaching have decided to do. Thats the only logical explanation i can come up with.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013

Gazzola? I heard he was no longer with the Oilers. Has he emerged to unleash hellfire on the organisation after being trapped in an "everything is happy nothing to see here" propagandist gig? His life must have felt like one long episode of Oil Change these past years. I bet it feels good to call it like he sees it now.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Gazzola? I heard he was no longer with the Oilers. Has he emerged to unleash hellfire on the organisation after being trapped in an "everything is happy nothing to see here" propagandist gig? His life must have felt like one long episode of Oil Change these past years. I bet it feels good to call it like he sees it now.

You would think so but he gave a nice shiny butt kissing of Bobby Nicks in that segment that Stauffer would be proud of so the propaganda machine is still well "oiled" in that one. ;)

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

The modern coach thinks that kids need to learn to play an NHL game. But this never seems to include how to integrate creativity together with responsible defense. Kids are taught that if you make a mistake you pay a significant price. But there is not a corresponding reward for doing something that the average player can't do. The irony here is that for his age Puljujarvi is exceptionally responsible defensively. Way ahead of Yak at the same point. Why not let him experiment on the offensive side to see what he can and cannot get away with at this level.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I think you're referring to Sold seats... which I'm not talking about here. I know its gonna be a sell out.. but that doesn't mean there will be people in those seats.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

It’s from the back, so if you don’t see any open space, it means he’s way too deep into his net, and the perspective from the puck would then be that there’s tons on open space to shoot at. When you see lots from the back side, it means he’s cut down the angle, and there isn’t much to shoot at.

Perspective is actually a really interesting thing to look into if you have some time to kill. Even the previous pic you posted is deceptive, because it’s not taken from exactly where the puck is. It’s likely up, and off to the side, which then shows more net open than there actually is.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
$330 face value gold seats going for $75 on Kijiji. I thought about it but that's still an overpay. Not a Reinhart level overpay, but somewhere between Hall and Eberle.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I actually wasn't too disappointed in the icetime that Pulju got last game, at least he got over 14 minutes which was actually the 3rd most on the team for the wingers, behind only Drai and (sigh) Lucic. He wasn't playing with McDavid or Drai, but IMO the Strome/Slepy/Pulju line had some decent shifts vs. the Rangers, and if not in name was effectively the "2nd line" that game over RNH/Cammalleri/Aberg.

I'll be curious to see if RNH gets his icetime ramped up a bit more tonight after getting that first one out of the way, and if so who'll be his linemates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad