GDT: Coyotes @ Oilers 7pm/mt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
I've got a feeling he doesn't really have the passion anymore. Maybe he feels it's time to take a break, possibly for a reason we don't know (just speculating). And why not get yourself fired when you make the full salary until the end of the contract that way.

Passion is the perfect word here as a coach that was fully invested would've had some good rants about the officiating before the season was lost. Also the lack of progress in any individual players show me there's a lack of actual "coaching" going on. The only player I see that's better than last year is Nurse and most of that happened in the offseason.

Reactions: GameChanger

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I've got a feeling he doesn't really have the passion anymore. Maybe he feels it's time to take a break, possibly for a reason we don't know (just speculating). And why not get yourself fired when you make the full salary until the end of the contract that way.

It could be that he just knows that he and his staff are set up to be on the chopping block shortly after game 82 ends, and probably isn't all that invested in burning himself out for a team that's not likely to keep him around for next year.

Not saying it's the right attitude to have or that he doesn't deserve it, but it's just human nature. As much as we bitch and moan about how disappointing a year it's been, it's probably been 10 times as much for that staff who have to live and breathe how much this team's sucked every single day.

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
This is the who-cares cup. Two terrible teams, it's cold, it's Monday. Fantasy playoffs started though, and I'm hoping OEL drops 5 points on the oilers.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
wonder what the record is.
read in the paper the Oilers have given up a goal on the first shot 13 times this year.
13!

Was it mentioned how many of those were at home? While it's improved of late (far too late) the first 2/3 of the season the Oilers clearly had some focus issues at home games and never started strong, often most apparent in some early soft goals against.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
In 2018 Oilers are...

30th in points/30th in points percentage

26th in goals for/28th in goals against

31st rates powerplay at 8.8% second worst is 15.5%

22nd rated PK

22nd in faceoffs

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Nurse-Larsson
Klefbom-Bear
Sekera-Russel

God I hope they go with that 6 man unit once Larsson returns next game chuck Benning all the way into the trash bin please.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I predict the yotes will score on their first shot on goal.
Which dory would you say the patented 1st shot muffin would destroy?
IMG_0006.JPG

Reactions: GMofOilers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad