Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Development Camp - July 3-7 - Ice Den Scottsdale

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
He is worth dick all in a trade. As it stands today, our D is weak with a capital W. Next year Brown and Stecher are both gone as well. I see no need to trade Soderstrom at the moment. BA seems to like him.
Every player is available, for the right return. Is it just me, or is that something you’ve harped on for years now? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
It works because Soderstrom is still the young, talented and still developing/improving RHD with upside. He is still the 3rd best option at RHD behind Dumba and Durzi. Makes for a solid RHD grouping.

Stetcher and Brown are veteran placeholders.

Who on the AHL grouping is likely to get called up? Maybe Kesselring.

As for the left side, yes that is weaker. Stetcher can play the left side until someone takes his place. Maybe 26 year old Koch Coyote earns some time with the big club (side note, it is hilarious that there is a player on the coyotes named Koch)?

All that said, if you are bound and determined to trade him, I suggest Soderstrom would get you none of the names you listed. I bet the Jets would trade you Logan Stanley though ;)
I truly don't understand the logic of trading for Dumba, and then saying that the RD who needs to go is Soderstrom instead of 2 fringe #7 guys.

And like you said, if a team is choosing keeping and playing Stecher or Brown over a player, that player isn't returning Rossi or Lafreniere.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Craig on Discord…. Duda isn’t all there at Maine yet.

If one had to guess, he’s taking summer courses to get qualified.

84133C84-EC1E-49B7-AB63-557388BCB855.jpeg

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Every player is available, for the right return. Is it just me, or is that something you’ve harped on for years now? :laugh:
For the right return you bet. I doubt Soderstrom is worth much at the moment.

I truly don't understand the logic of trading for Dumba, and then saying that the RD who needs to go is Soderstrom instead of 2 fringe #7 guys.

And like you said, if a team is choosing keeping and playing Stecher or Brown over a player, that player isn't returning Rossi or Lafreniere.
We aren't trading for Dumba as he is a UFA.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Strome was the perfect example of drafting by need or position than BPA..

Marner was ranked 3rd on hockey prospects Strome 6th behind Kyle Conner

good news though, they have Simashev at 5 and But at 7..

This is just revisionist history. Absolutely nobody had Strome behind Connor, that's laughable. Strome was touted as a #1C coming into the draft and was highly touted. Marner had concerns about his size. Hanifin was high on some peoples lists and lower on others. Almost everyone had Strome 3rd though. Personally I wanted Marner but it was absolutely not drafting for need.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
This is just revisionist history. Absolutely nobody had Strome behind Connor, that's laughable. Strome was touted as a #1C coming into the draft and was highly touted. Marner had concerns about his size. Hanifin was high on some peoples lists and lower on others. Almost everyone had Strome 3rd though. Personally I wanted Marner but it was absolutely not drafting for need.

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
I usually agree with many of your thoughts. Strome is not a bust. 65 points in 81 games last year. He has had a decent career. Maybe a disappoitment as a coyotes draft pick at #3 but no where near a bust.
In an earlier post, the word "serviceable" was used, I think that's an excellent description of Strome.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Almost everyone had Strome 3rd? Thats gonna be a no
Yes, almost everyone! Bob was not one of them. Regardless, the point being that Strome was a bad pick based on need and that he was off board is straight up revisionist history. As Heldig posted there was a clear tier of Marner/Strome/Hanifin after Eichel and McDavid that were all pretty close together. But hey, if you wanna nitpick that Strome wasn't the clear #3, fine! Still wasn't a bad pick at the time :)

ALA YotesPhan

Jul 2, 2002
Nothern Alabama
Visit site
Did Geekie show enough at this camp to stay with the NHL Coyotes?
1. Will he get sent back to juniors early during the NHL camp
2. Will he get sent back end of camp
3. Will he get 9 games then go back to junior
4. Is he eligible for the AHL?
6. Will he get the Guenther treatment and be sent back later in the season
7. Will he stay with the NHL coyotes all this season?

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Development camp won’t tell us much. Training camp will

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Not sure about this, but it shows how wrong these lists are when looking back.
Hahaha! Ever look back at the actual lists of selections as the they happened? Not any better.

No.
Yes.
No. Early.
No.
No. Next year.
No.
No.

Development camp won’t tell us much. Training camp will
He needs at least two more seasons before he’s ready to be a part-time NHLer, IMO. He needs to spend one full year with the Wild and another full year in Tucson, I think. They he’ll be ready for a yo-yo year.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Based on the limited eyeball test I was able to lay on him, he’s further along then what the general consensus (as I’ve read it) here on F40 would indicate. However, as Rabbit pointed out, it’s just too early to tell. Need to see him with the big boys at camp.

Reactions: Grimes and Jakey53

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I really wish Geekie could go to Tucson this year. But luckily he should be on one of, if not the best team in the WHL next season so he should have competitive games all season. I hope he gets better linemates and rises to the challenge of brining his team a championship

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I really wish Geekie could go to Tucson this year. But luckily he should be on one of, if not the best team in the WHL next season so he should have competitive games all season. I hope he gets better linemates and rises to the challenge of brining his team a championship
I think Geekie can still get value out of the Dub. The main thing for him is the same as it was on draft day; CONSISTENCY. He still doesn’t have any.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
How was Guenther? I don’t see a whole lot about him in the thread.. was he there?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad