Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Matthews is not getting anymore hype than any other #1 pick.

Sportsnet spent almost the entire time between the first and second period of the WCoH exhibition game talking about Matthews even though he was invisible on a team NA that had just played one of the most exciting periods of hockey in recent memory...

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Not sure it could've just been his own opinion, But he seemed pretty adamant about though.

Have you considered that maybe he was told by a Red Wings source that they were interested in Stamkos but the interest was not mutual and Stamkos wasn't interested? It take two to tango friend

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Trouba's usage is the key concern here. Not whether or not he likes WPG, which we have no reason to believe he doesn't.

Trouba is obviously aware he will play LD in WPG. And he is obviously aware that Buff is going to get the prime PP usage.

Trouba finishing his development curve at LD instead of RD is bad for his contract after this one. Trouba not getting to put up lots of PP points is bad for his contract after this one.

Trouba's camp is going to want to compensation for that, and that is the obvious spot for an impasse. Trouba won't want a bridge, because he is taking a bridge in a situation that is going to depress his value. And on a long term deal, he is going to want something closer to Ekblad than Hamilton, because his two way upside is closer to Ekblad's than Hamilton's and, playing for WPG isn't going to give Trouba the usage to optimize his next deal. Obviously, a lot on the WPG will change over the next 7-8 years, but Buff being #1RD won't change for a long time.

Now, of course Chevy is not afraid to tell players to pound sand. So now its about blinking. The fact that both parties are being quiet with the media implies, to me, that both sides want to see something signed. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a great hockey deal out there for Trouba, and Chevy's history with Kane, makes me think that its Trouba that will do the blinking... but then you look at Overhardt's history and it all gets very interesting.

In the end, they need to find a middle ground on a deal in value between Hamilton's and Ekblad's and I suspect they will, as at this point Chevy is not in an ideal place to make a deal that is good to WPG. If, for some reason, it does get to the point where Trouba is dealt, it won't be for something that gets the WPG fan base happy.

1000's of posts by non Jets fans who have no clue about Trouba situation, here is the best post from one of them. Sums it up perfectly and completely aligns with what I've been saying as well.

Well done. :handclap:

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
1000's of posts by non Jets fans who have no clue about Trouba situation, here is the best post from one of them. Sums it up perfectly and completely aligns with what I've been saying as well.

Well done. :handclap:

I wonder how someone can use so many guarantees and absolutes in a post, when he could provide no backup to those statements whatsoever if asked.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
I wonder how someone can use so many guarantees and absolutes in a post, when he could provide no backup to those statements whatsoever if asked.

I think the argument that he would be worried about his usage because of his future contract 6-8 years was particularly disingenuous

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Trouba's usage is the key concern here. Not whether or not he likes WPG, which we have no reason to believe he doesn't.

Trouba is obviously aware he will play LD in WPG. And he is obviously aware that Buff is going to get the prime PP usage.

Trouba finishing his development curve at LD instead of RD is bad for his contract after this one. Trouba not getting to put up lots of PP points is bad for his contract after this one.

Trouba's camp is going to want to compensation for that, and that is the obvious spot for an impasse. Trouba won't want a bridge, because he is taking a bridge in a situation that is going to depress his value. And on a long term deal, he is going to want something closer to Ekblad than Hamilton, because his two way upside is closer to Ekblad's than Hamilton's and, playing for WPG isn't going to give Trouba the usage to optimize his next deal. Obviously, a lot on the WPG will change over the next 7-8 years, but Buff being #1RD won't change for a long time.

Now, of course Chevy is not afraid to tell players to pound sand. So now its about blinking. The fact that both parties are being quiet with the media implies, to me, that both sides want to see something signed. The fact that there doesn't seem to be a great hockey deal out there for Trouba, and Chevy's history with Kane, makes me think that its Trouba that will do the blinking... but then you look at Overhardt's history and it all gets very interesting.

In the end, they need to find a middle ground on a deal in value between Hamilton's and Ekblad's and I suspect they will, as at this point Chevy is not in an ideal place to make a deal that is good to WPG. If, for some reason, it does get to the point where Trouba is dealt, it won't be for something that gets the WPG fan base happy.

Totally agree, usage is the problem with a bridge deal.

13pacheco31

Jan 17, 2014
Sportsnet spent almost the entire time between the first and second period of the WCoH exhibition game talking about Matthews even though he was invisible on a team NA that had just played one of the most exciting periods of hockey in recent memory...

Invisible? Lol... I only watched the first period but he was one of the better players of that period.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think the argument that he would be worried about his usage because of his future contract 6-8 years was particularly disingenuous

I mean, I certainly hedge the importance of that with pointing out that a lot will change in WPG over 7-8 years.

The major points I was trying to get across were:

1) A bridge deal is not in the Trouba camps best interest because playing LD and not getting PP focus is poor position for Trouba to maximize his earning potential (and to be the best player he can be, for that matter, which you would assume would matter to a professional athlete).
2) That on a long term deal, he should be making more than Hamilton, but less than Ekblad.
3) That while both parties are tough negotiators, because finding a hockey trade that will benefit WPG is near impossible, that Chevy will be the one least likely to blink.
4) That if Chevy blinks, WPG fans will be disappointed with the return in regards to the 16-17 team.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
I mean, I certainly hedge the importance of that with pointing out that a lot will change in WPG over 7-8 years.

The major points I was trying to get across were:

1) A bridge deal is not in the Trouba camps best interest because playing LD and not getting PP focus is poor position for Trouba to maximize his earning potential (and to be the best player he can be, for that matter, which you would assume would matter to a professional athlete).
2) That on a long term deal, he should be making more than Hamilton, but less than Ekblad.
3) That while both parties are tough negotiators, because finding a hockey trade that will benefit WPG is near impossible, that Chevy will be the one least likely to blink.
4) That if Chevy blinks, WPG fans will be disappointed with the return in regards to the 16-17 team.

I'm a trouba fan and i dont think he gets anything near hamilton

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
I'm a trouba fan and i dont think he gets anything near hamilton

That's because Hamilton is overpaid. Trouba is worth more. The question is how overpaid is Hamilton.

Trouba had a pretty blah 1st game but he contributed much more in the 2nd game.

Blah means covering for Gostisbere? Every defender on NA except Ekblad has been blah. They're getting by on forward talent and a horrible team Europe.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

Guessing that is meant to be humorous?

We should know in a day or 2 where Trouba sits in the lineup. OR they could rotate through all 7 depending on circumstances and game performances.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

Trouba munched on hot dogs in game two while he watched the soft Team NA defensemen get trampled in their own end by Bellemare and Gaborik and the oldsters on Team Europe.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
That's because Hamilton is overpaid. Trouba is worth more. The question is how overpaid is Hamilton.

Blah means covering for Gostisbere? Every defender on NA except Ekblad has been blah. They're getting by on forward talent and a horrible team Europe.

Guessing that is meant to be humorous?

We should know in a day or 2 where Trouba sits in the lineup. OR they could rotate through all 7 depending on circumstances and game performances.

Trouba munched on hot dogs in game two while he watched the soft Team NA defensemen get trampled in their own end by Bellemare and Gaborik and the oldsters on Team Europe.

I kid!

Parayko isn't sitting again, he played great. Time for Jones to sit. Other than one good rush he's been pretty disappointing. I expected him to be a difference-maker.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I kid!

Parayko isn't sitting again, he played great. Time for Jones to sit. Other than one good rush he's been pretty disappointing. I expected him to be a difference-maker.

I think they'll need to sit Ghost or Murray. Bigger teams are going to be very tough for them to handle. Parayko has to stay in the line-up. Jones hasn't been great but he's very good. I'd pair him with Trouba - they were a strong pairing for Team USA.

Rielly-Ekblad
Trouba-Jones
Murray/Ghost-Parayko

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility

I know it's hard to admit but Rielly has been excellent. He has been just as good as Ekblad playing on his pairing.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016

These segments are planned long in advance. You can't blame them in they happened to air it when he wasn't playing his best.Do you think they produce these bits and write them in 5 minutes?
And BTw, he wasn't invisible anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad