Rumor: Coyotes among many teams interested in Jacob Trouba

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Why would many teams be interested in the most overrated player in the league?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Because he's young and and has HUGE potential

Hard to know. I would think the Wings would have some interest, but not sure what they have that would interest the Jets at this point. But I do expect there would be multiple teams interested and as in any auction the under bidder will set the price. I still expect Trouba to sign with the Jets but Chevy does hold a strong hand if he decides to trade Trouba.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Hard to know. I would think the Wings would have some interest, but not sure what they have that would interest the Jets at this point.

If the Jets are OK with taking back a solid LD prospect and other pieces obviously, the Red Wings definitely have what it takes to make something work there. All depends on the Jets asking price. They're realistically 2 years away from seriously contending, all depends on the prospects(s).

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
A deal with coyotes starts with strome or murphy. No other pieces intresse me. I know about OEl but just leave him out. He would never be traded in a Trouba deal..

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If the Jets are OK with taking back a solid LD prospect and other pieces obviously, the Red Wings definitely have what it takes to make something work there. All depends on the Jets asking price. They're realistically 2 years away from seriously contending, all depends on the prospects(s).

It would have to be a top end prospect to start the conversation, and even then I have my doubts. Do the Wings even have a top end D prospect to start a conversation?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
A deal with coyotes starts with strome or murphy. No other pieces intresse me. I know about OEl but just leave him out. He would never be traded in a Trouba deal..

Murphy doesn't get the conversation started, in my opinion.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace

The Jets don't really appear to be in much of a hurry to trade him per Elliotte Friedman this evening:
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/drafting-laine-complicated-potential-trouba-trade-talks/

Even Sekeres followed by speculating that the cost might be a roster D, a pick, and a prospect; they will ask for the moon - because they likely don't intend to move him.

Makes a modicum of sense. They aren't likely to trade him until Myers status becomes more clear anyway. The most likely scenario is that the Jets sign Trouba long-term, keep him for a couple of years, then move him when Tucker Poolman is ready to fill the spot.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
To ARZ: Trouba
To WPG: Chychrun, Dvorak

fair?

Chychrun has too many question marks for me. The Jets really don't need a forward. I suppose they could flip a forward, but it would have to be a very high value player.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
It would have to be a top end prospect to start the conversation, and even then I have my doubts. Do the Wings even have a top end D prospect to start a conversation?

Not 100% sure about what the wings have (being a blues fan), but I know they have an above average crop of D prospects. None that are blue chip but some very solid prospects. The more I think about it, the Red Wings are probably going to take a step back the next couple of years and would be smart to hold onto their prospects and see what they have for 2019-20 and beyond. IMO, they have the pieces to get it done if they were inclined to make a run from 2016-2019 by acquiring Trouba, but I highly doubt their front office sees him as the piece missing from making them a fringe playoff team to a legitmate cup contender as their other prospects develop.

EDIT: To go back to the original topic, the Coyotes definitely have what it takes to make it happen. As someone mentioned, Cychrun would be the starting point + some serious adds, but as I said with the wings, the coyotes would be better off holding onto what they have and seeing how things progress into 2019-20. At the same time, Trouba is 22 and would fit right into the contention windows of either of those team so it would all come down to what the Yotes or RWs would be willing to give up in terms of key LD prospect as well as the adds and whether or not the Jets think those pieces fit into their window of contention. The jets have built a team and prospect pool that will make them serious contenders by 2020 and I honestly think Trouba is a big part of those plans so I personally don't think they trade him. However, their window will be open for awhile and with Myers and Buff, they can weigh the different offers and see if they think the pieces they'll get from either team will fit better into their window.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Just to put it into context, Fair value for Trouba would be a deal similar to the one the Buins made with Hamilton. Hamilton is the better player tho, so maybe the jets can expect less but 2 mid first round picks seems fair to me.

Shwabeal

Feb 24, 2016
Just to put it into context, Fair value for Trouba would be a deal similar to the one the Buins made with Hamilton. Hamilton is the better player tho, so maybe the jets can expect less but 2 mid first round picks seems fair to me.

Hamilton is not better than Trouba. Would love to see the argument for that: "He puts up more points?"

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
To ARZ: Trouba
To WPG: Chychrun, Dvorak

fair?

There is only one D drafted in this year's draft that I would consider in a deal for Trouba, and Chychrun isn't it.

Trade market value isn't decided by what has historically been traded between two teams, but what one team is going to pay for the assets of another. The Hamilton situation is much different than the Jets one, as the Jets have the luxury of cap space to ward off any offer sheet threats. Sweeney ****ed up by limiting his trade options to only one team (yes, the Oilers made a trade offer, but Sweeney wasn't interested), with most of the league unaware that Hamilton was even available. This is completely different.

Last edited:

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
There is only one D drafted in this year's draft that I would consider in a deal for Trouba, and Chychrun isn't it.

Trade market value isn't decided by what has historically been traded between two teams, but what one team is going to pay for the assets of another. The Hamilton situation is much different than the Jets one, as the Jets have the luxury of cap space to ward off any offer sheet threats. Sweeney ****ed up by limiting his trade options to only one team (yes, the Oilers made a trade offer, but Sweeney wasn't interested), with most of the league unaware that Hamilton was even available. This is completely different.

Juolevi?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Hamilton is not better than Trouba. Would love to see the argument for that: "He puts up more points?"

Hamilton posted much better stats this past season and also had much better advanced numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
The Jets don't really appear to be in much of a hurry to trade him per Elliotte Friedman this evening:
http://www.todaysslapshot.com/from-the-ice/drafting-laine-complicated-potential-trouba-trade-talks/

Even Sekeres followed by speculating that the cost might be a roster D, a pick, and a prospect; they will ask for the moon - because they likely don't intend to move him.

Makes a modicum of sense. They aren't likely to trade him until Myers status becomes more clear anyway. The most likely scenario is that the Jets sign Trouba long-term, keep him for a couple of years, then move him when Tucker Poolman is ready to fill the spot.

LOL a bit overly optimistic aren't we :laugh:

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
another idiotic rumor started by the internet. maybe if they didn't pay a bunch of stiffs for not playing next year they would have more than a couple of million dollars to offer him . or is he signing for under 2.4 million a year. maybe they can trade paval for him.

Incetardis

Sep 17, 2013
I haven't been following this at all so could someone bring me up to speed on Trouba's contact demands. Is he looking for a Reilly type long term deal? Are the Jets not willing to commit to that kind of contract yet?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00