OT: Covid-19 (Part 53) Post-Holidays & Pre-Boosted

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
it's more like a Click It or Ticket law, but ok :dunno:

Click a seat-belt versus injecting novel pharmaceutical products into ones body. It's not a reasonable comparison.

Wearing a seat-belt is a very minor physical constraint. Drug injection is one of the most invasive procedures possible.

Wearing a seat-belt has essentially no possible adverse effects... vaccines despite their good work very clearly have the possibility to induce negative health effects and even death in unlucky individuals.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
How long will this tax be imposed do you think?

Will this be a forever thing?

I'm eager to see the details.
I believe that they will include it in the 2021 tax report.

Forever, no. But a few years at least.

And if the legal baseline is 3 doses, will you be okay with that threshold for fines as well?

Then if the legal baseline is eventually moved to 4 doses, are you okay with that being a new threshold for fines?

I believe you'll need to have a dose 6 months prior in order to be active.

As for the fines/taxes, hopefully, it's only 1 dose.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Click a seat-belt versus injecting novel pharmaceutical products into ones body. It's not a reasonable comparison.

Wearing a seat-belt is a very minor physical constraint. Drug injection is one of the most invasive procedures possible.

Wearing a seat-belt has essentially no possible adverse effects... vaccines despite their good work very clearly have the possibility to induce negative health effects and even death in unlucky individuals.
I could dig in and get into a back-and-forth with you, but... let me try a different angle. What would you do to get out of this pandemic?

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
And if the legal baseline is 3 doses, will you be okay with that threshold for fines as well?

Then if the legal baseline is eventually moved to 4 doses, are you okay with that being a new threshold for fines?

It will probably be at least 4 or 5 doses, at the current moment, looking at the situation around the world.

Israel is on injection #4, so we will get that, and/or we will get Pfizer's shiny new Omicron vaccine set to release in March.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Why would you want 1 dose only?

It's not even effective.

It doesn't matter if it's effective or not, nothing have ever been more beside the point when it come to antivaxer.

They won't get that one dose, so if you want to draw a line somewhere in the sand, then anything greater than 0 is fine.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
It doesn't matter if it's effective or not, nothing have ever been more beside the point when it come to antivaxer.

They won't get that one dose, so if you want to draw a line somewhere in the sand, then anything greater than 0 is fine.

What if they just get 1 dose tho?

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
I could dig in and get into a back-and-forth with you, but... let me try a different angle. What would you do to get out of this pandemic?

If I was running the show I would have focused on increasing our available health workers, targeted vaccination & early-treatment of the high risk demographics. I would have moved to open COVID specific health facilities in metropolitan areas with fast-tracked staff trained in COVID treatment for low to medium risk patients. Promote exercise, healthy lifestyles, prophylactic use of immune system boosters.

I'm confident I would have been able to produce better numbers and a better societal situation than the jokers running this version of 'public health'.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
If I was running the show I would have focused on increasing our available health workers, targeted vaccination & early-treatment of the high risk demographics. I would have moved to open COVID specific health facilities in metropolitan areas with fast-tracked staff trained in COVID treatment for low to medium risk patients. Promote exercise, healthy lifestyles, prophylactic use of immune system boosters.

I'm confident I would have been able to produce better numbers and a better societal situation than the jokers running this version of 'public health'.
that's nice in hindsight but what would you do now? Omicron is running rampant and there is still a minority of antivax holdouts who refuse to get the vaccine, prolonging this thing for everyone.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
You’re missing context: US is all about socio-economic capability. Our kids didn’t miss one day of school last year or so far this year until the youngest had to quarantine for a couple of days last week. That’s 3-days of missed school (not including weekend) in 1.5 years due to Covid.

Our town in CT has done a phenomenal job - over 95% vaccination rate. We also got boosters about 4.5 months back, kids got vaccinated over 2.5-months back (under 12), again purely based on access. They mail us weekly Covid test kits.

The healthcare system we have access to is super robust & far far superior…. my parents cant get their booster in Mtl for another 3-weeks! It’s a joke!!

I need to make a quick trip to Mtl to check on my parents, my PCR molecular test (for border crossing) is available in 40-min

Yeah process basic math, pls…

Correct about the more advanced and superior healthcare system in the US. My son, who commutes to Buffalo daily, was given a random PCR test by Canadian Customs. It took 5 days to get the result. My son told me had it been in Buffalo it would have taken about a half hour- that's for a PCR test, not a rapid test. He also was boosted ( in Buffalo) much earlier than anyone living here.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

Soo.... Your plan was to build a time machine?

Because what you need to do that is a specialized workforce you don't have and you can't train one in 2 years.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Are you sure it's just 1 shot they need?

That isn't fair

For the tax, yes. It literally target the group of people that won't get vaccinated no matter what.

The rest...Well... Once they get one dose, the fantasy is broken and the first step is taken, they will probably go all the way to get their vaxpassport in order.

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
that's nice in hindsight but what would you do now? Omicron is running rampant and there is still a minority of antivax holdouts who refuse to get the vaccine, prolonging this thing for everyone.

Encourage healthy lifestyles, exercise, fresh air, sunlight. Encourage and make available for prophylactic use immune system boosters. Encourage those in high-risk demographics to reduce contacts if possible. Provide vaccines to all those who want them.

Fast-track COVID specific training and open COVID specific facilities in the metropolitan areas for low to medium risk patients. Pay increases to nurses to boost moral.

The singular thinking around vaccines as the holy grail is one key factor why our health capacity is in such a sorry state 2 years into a pandemic. More than 8 out 10 adults are already vaccinated, and some significant percentage of that 2/10 has already been infected and recovered. If vaccines were this level of holy grail some think they are the pandemic would no longer be a pandemic.

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
Soo.... Your plan was to build a time machine?

Because what you need to do that is a specialized workforce you don't have and you can't train one in 2 years.

You could absolutely have trained people to treat low to medium risk COVID patients in 2 years. Keep the heavy burden away from hospitals and only move the critical and high-risk patients. It's actually kind of crazy to think this was somehow beyond Canada's capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad