OT: Covid-19 (Part 52) Meet the New Year, same as the Old Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Well...basically they don't do it because they are afraid of the government?
Same thing for me. They are afraid of something that makes them refuse the vaccine
No, they just don't want to be told what to do. They want it even less since they put a vaccine passport, feeling like they're being cornered into it.

Reactions: Cypruss and MasterD

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
Wait, unvaxxed are 0.7 times more likely to get an infection.. does it mean they actually are LESS likely to get an infection, since 1 would be equal chances.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
There's a number I don't get. From the chart;

Rate of unvaxxed hospitalized per 100k-28days : 1.90
Rate of vaxxed hospitalized per 100k-28days : 0.92

So unvaxxed are 2.07 times (1.90/0.92) more likely to get hospitalized.
Why does it say Risk of hospitalization for unvaxxed: 7.9 times?

Reactions: Cypruss

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It's not. Quebec releases data every day. Today's data shows that in the last 28 days, the fully-vax who are 76% of the population represented 78% of cases and 63% of hospitalisations and 50% of intensive care.

View attachment 495904

The data right now is just not reliable.
1- We know that there's a ton more cases that are not calculated
2- We know that 30-40% are not there because of covid but for other reason. We don't know which one

The days of having a good picture of the situation are now gone
Omicron just changed the game, we need to change ours especially in trying to track this thing.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
No, they just don't want to be told what to do. They want it even less since they put a vaccine passport, feeling like they're being cornered into it.

They should have been in line to get it way before the government start begging them to get it. They had plenty of time to do it without any pressure, the reason they didn't go when it was time....pretty sure it's pretty close to what I'm mentionning.

Reactions: LarryO

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
There's a number I don't get. From the chart;

Rate of unvaxxed hospitalized per 100k-28days : 1.90
Rate of vaxxed hospitalized per 100k-28days : 0.92

So unvaxxed are 2.07 times (1.90/0.92) more likely to get hospitalized.
Why does it say Risk of hospitalization for unvaxxed: 7.9 times?

It's age-adjusted, it's written on the chart.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008
2- We know that 30-40% are not there because of covid but for other reason. We don't know which one

Weren't these things true before Omicron too? We always calculated less cases than there really are. And weren't people who were hospitalized for whatever reasons but had Covid counted as Covid hospitalization too? Why would they change the way they calculate hospitalization now?

Like before if you were hospitalized for broken arm and had Covid, they didn't count it as Covid hospitalization? But now they do?

Reactions: Cypruss

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Rage against the machine amirite?!?? f*** the establishment!!! Sounds like something I would have thought I was cool for doing at 14. People are dying. You’re not proving a point.
I'm not doing that, I'm double vaxxed...getting my booster asap. I'm just explaining to Millhouse, it's not just people who are scared. Some are just rebellious.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Weren't these things true before Omicron too? We always calculated less cases than there really are. And weren't people who were hospitalized for whatever reasons but had Covid counted as Covid hospitalization too? Why would they change the way they calculate hospitalization now?

Like before if you were hospitalized for broken arm and had Covid, they didn't count it as Covid hospitalization? But now they do?

Because before Omicron, a surge was ~15 000 cases per week with a positivity rate of <10%
After Omicron a surge is ~100 000 cases per week with a positivity rate of ±30%

The order of magnitude of documented and undocumented cases changed dramatically and the odds of someone covid positive showing up at the hospital for something unrelated to covid also increased by the same magnitude.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Yep they counted as covid....most probably, the difference is if with that virus it's about 30% according to their say and the data from the UK, with the other virus where we had 500 - 1,000 cases a day, it might have been 1 or 2%. In reality we are more at 30,000 cases a day right now....not the same situation.

And that's just another proof that if it's hapenning the governement won't lie to you and tell you. The only reasons we know is because they said it themselves. They don't try to hide it in any way shape or form.

And by the way, you don't get hospitalized for a broken arm most of the times.

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
Reactions: PhysicX and Deebs

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Wait, unvaxxed are 0.7 times more likely to get an infection.. does it mean they actually are LESS likely to get an infection, since 1 would be equal chances.

What we can say is they test positive at a 0.7 rate of fully vaxxed. Odds of actually catching Covid are unknown since many cases go undetected.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

The days of having a good picture of the situation are now gone
Omicron just changed the game, we need to change ours especially in trying to track this thing.
Absolutely. How I rate/track what's happening currently....

1a) ICU #'s
1b) Hospitalizations
2) Wastewater reports
3) Case #'s

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Some healthy young men that have recovered from covid have weighed the benefits of the supposed extra protection that comes from vaccination vs their own healthy natural immunity.

They looked at the data, and felt that it's not conclusive long-term evidence.

Unvaccinated people never weighed the benefits or looked at data. The evidence is clear and overwhelming; anti-vaxers simply ignore it. Weighing all the data would force anti-vaxers to change their minds. But of course they can NEVER change their minds, because being anti-vax isn't an informed conclusion, it's a fashion statement.

solidaritypucks

Oct 25, 2019
Unvaccinated people never weighed the benefits or looked at data. The evidence is clear and overwhelming; anti-vaxers simply ignore it. Weighing all the data would force anti-vaxers to change their minds. But of course they can NEVER change their minds, because being anti-vax isn't an informed conclusion, it's a fashion statement.

How many unvaxxed people under the age of 40 are clogging our hospitals right at this moment? Is this demographic a risk for clogging our hospitals? Waiting for your data driven conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad