OT: Covid-19 (Part 51) - An Omicron Christmas and Closing New Year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I seem to recall the data pointing to recommendation of a booster after 6 months for Delta, it was one of the reasons Israel aggressively pushed the 3rd shot.

Either way, they seem to be having a huge spike in “cases” right now too. Cases ultimately mean diddly if people aren’t being hospitalized though.

You are not in Israel, you did not get your first two doses 28 days apart, you have a different waning dynamic than the average Israeli.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You said it, the government are incompetent morons and failed at every turn. So now they need time and the answer is to lock people in their homes.

Seems reasonable in a democracy.

Lock people in their homes.....that's a drama-queen reaction right there.

Personnally, I don't give a shit about the curfew as most people are asleep anyway during those hours including myself.....I still don't agree with it cause I think there's better easy measure that should have been taken before that.

But it's nothing authoritarian either....
You know in our democracy some young man were forced to get shot at in world wars right?

Reactions: Forum93 and tazsub3

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
I think what the gouvernement really wanted was to shut down everything again for a few weeks to stop the growth of the cases, but they know it will cause a lot of problem to go that way.

Im sure they wanted to have a curfew earlier, but knew the reaction it would create among the population. It was clear that they would add bigger restrictions after christmas like he can say “we gave everyone a break for christmas but now its time to get serious about it”.

I don’t really care about the curfew (more about non essential business closing), i’ll be home either way and I can understand that they want to stop those late night parties, but it’s new years eve. Feels like everyone’s already been through a lot.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Lock people in their homes.....that's a drama-queen reaction right there.

Personnally, I don't give a shit about the curfew as most people are asleep anyway during those hours including myself.....I still don't agree with it cause I think there's better easy measure that should have been taken before that.

But it's nothing authoritarian either....
You know in our democracy some young man were forced to get shot at in world wars right?
Those men were sacrificed so that we don't have to worry about things today. It's called progress.

The curfew measure is dumb. Cases go up and then down, everywhere in the world, curfew or no curfew. They had big spikes in Ontario last winter too, they never put a curfew in place and it got under control.

I dont know how old you are but I can't tell you the last time I was asleep by 10pm. I'm a night creature and social butterfly, this is very annoying.
This gvt is again proving they give two shits about the mental health of people.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Those men were sacrificed so that we don't have to worry about things today. It's called progress.

The curfew measure is dumb. Cases go up and then down, everywhere in the world, curfew or no curfew. They had big spikes in Ontario last winter too, they never put a curfew in place and it got under control.

I dont know how old you are but I can't tell you the last time I was asleep by 10pm. I'm a night creature and social butterfly, this is very annoying.
This gvt is again proving they give two shits about the mental health of people.

Curfew is dumb (but by the way last year we had a curfew and Ontario went under a full lockdown at the same time)
This government (and mostly all of them) are morons to me. Not one of them was elected because of how smart they are...only need to smile, spin the right thing, shakes some hands and tell people what they want to hear. That's politics.

I'm a morning guy honestly, always has been.....many of my friends are night creatures also but as I've told them, if you're mad because you can't go into bars, club and get shit faced (because that's mostly what they do)....then they are equally morons than the government right now cause hey, they should take a break on their own right now.

But then again, one of my friend finish working at 9pm, so I understand that for him it truly sucks big time.

I'm not approving this measures one bit, but I think measures should be taken....just not that one.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Curfew is dumb (but by the way last year we had a curfew and Ontario went under a full lockdown at the same time)
This government (and mostly all of them) are morons to me. Not one of them was elected because of how smart they are...only need to smile, spin the right thing, shakes some hands and tell people what they want to hear. That's politics.

I'm a morning guy honestly, always has been.....many of my friends are night creatures also but as I've told them, if you're mad because you can't go into bars, club and get shit faced (because that's mostly what they do)....then they are equally morons than the government right now cause hey, they should take a break on their own right now.

But then again, one of my friend finish working at 9pm, so I understand that for him it truly sucks big time.

I'm not approving this measures one bit, but I think measures should be taken....just not that one.

A 3~4 days curfew could make sense, I suppose. The 3 weeks period getting floated around just seems to be a massive overkill at this point.

Reactions: Licou

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
A 3~4 days curfew could make sense, I suppose. The 3 weeks period getting floated around just seems to be a massive overkill at this point.

I never been okay with the curfew as they are not really effective as there's 1000 ways to get around it.

Last time many of my friends simply entered our local (music jam) at 10pm and spend the whole night drinking there, playing music and even sleeping there (most of them don't have problem waiting until 6 am to get out as they often do anyway).

What really bothers me is that there's a lot more measures that could be taken with better results and less disruption.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram

They say 3 weeks but...they also said 1 month last year and it ended up being almost 4.....

This government makes decisions on the fly. That little snippet from the LaPresse article is correct. They decide out of intuition instead of rational

Reactions: dcyhabs

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
The media is finally calling out Arruda.

Y a-t-il un pilote dans l’avion ? : Y a-t-il un pilote dans l’avion ?

There's also a link to a Twitter thread by André Noël il there
Usually, when Lagacé posts a negative article about government measures rumours (leaked by the government itself of course), they take a step back. I know this is absolutely ridiculous but that's how they govern since the COVID. It happened when they proposed masks outside. Lagacé made a negative article about it and they stepped back right away.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
The worst part is I'm 100% convinced PQ and PLQ wouldn't have done better. Probably worse.

They both are main reasons as to why the health care system is so fragile and a such a mess. And the CAQ as well since most of it's members are former members of the PQ

That said Couillard in power to manage the pandemic would scare the shit out of me lol

Reactions: PhysicX and MasterD

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Usually, when Lagacé posts a negative article about government measures rumours (leaked by the government itself of course), they take a step back. I know this is absolutely ridiculous but that's how they govern since the COVID. It happened when they proposed masks outside. Lagacé made a negative article about it and they stepped back right away.
I wouldn't be surprised if they drop the curfew idea by the time the press conference happens.
They need to figure out a return to school plan instead of telling people to stay home. It's not gonna work.
My NYE party is just gonna end at 5 am now instead of 2 or 3 am lol. Curfew won't change shit

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Hah! Curfew won't do anything. People will party by going early and crashing at the house and leave the next morning.

Waste of time.

This will affect Habs home games big time though. I assume they will be forced to play in an empty Bell Center for the foreseeable future

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I mean I get restrictions but I’m more annoyed at how this government flip flops and is reactionary and not proactive.

Legault must have polled and found that people will like him more if he announces less measures and then changes his mind at the last minute. I don't see why he is doing it otherwise. They need restrictions, masks, number of people, whatever, but make some effort to let restaurants know what is coming so they don't order food just to have it rot. How many times has he said that things will be open and then changed the rules after a wholly predictable wave?

Reactions: CheldishGamibno

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
They say 3 weeks but...they also said 1 month last year and it ended up being almost 4.....

This government makes decisions on the fly. That little snippet from the LaPresse article is correct. They decide out of intuition instead of rational

They haven't said anything yet, the presser is @17h. The timing tell us they are nervous about new year eve. So if that's the case they should handle new year first, then take it from there if more measures are needed to keep the HCS going beyond that.

No need to go ham and slap a 3 weeks curfew right off the bat.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Hah! Curfew won't do anything. People will party by going early and crashing at the house and leave the next morning.

Waste of time.

This will affect Habs home games big time though. I assume they will be forced to play in an empty Bell Center for the foreseeable future
I have tickets for the game on Jan4th. It's postponed and no option for refunds. Thanks Molson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad