OT: Covid-19 (Part 48) Red Panda Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
I'd be more worried about them running into an unvaccinated person, to be honest.

If you're vaccinated it's rare to get sick from the virus and almost impossible to die.
How many people in Canada under 60 do you dare to guess have died of covid so far? Must be lots, no ?

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
And we actually do know the long-term negative effects of the vaccine - there are none.

And even the worst short term effects of the current vaccines compare well to any symptomatic COVID infection.

It's really too bad that the people running Facebook, Google, Twitter, Fox, and the other organizations searching out and marketing to the most gullible people always have to convince them to do things that hurt others. I suppose it's mainly snake oil salesmen who are willing to pay for easily duped consumers, not saints.

There are lots of known bad effects to eating at McDonald's, and lots of unknown ingredients. There are many, many bad effects of feeding lots of antibiotics to farm animals, both that the drugs become useless and they mess up our stomach bacteria. Do people know what is in antibiotics or, for that matter, what lives in their digestive systems? There are lots of known bad long term effects to getting COVID. People insist on doing all these things and, oddly, after being easily tricked once they refuse to change their minds again.

It looks like this particular problem may soon be over. Quebec, at least, is doing pretty well, most people are vaccinated, there will probably be targeted vaccines for the variants in the next few months, and there are a number of treatments for people who feel the need to experience COVID on a virgin immune system. Now if we can just work out social media a bit so that if people are going to ignore science they can at least do it in a positive way... Maybe deny gravity. It may be crazy but at least if it works I'll be able to fly. Fight for the chance to fly like birds instead of die like medieval peasants.

Reactions: LarryO

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Unvaccinated health care workers will be able to continue to work after November 15. But they will have certain conditions they will have to abide by, like being tested 3 times a week and reassignments of department.

Reactions: llamateizer

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal

Unvaccinated health care workers will be able to continue to work after November 15. But they will have certain conditions they will have to abide by, like being tested 3 times a week and reassignments of department.

I dont mind this but I don't want the tests coming out of tax payers pockets. Half should be covered by the worker IMO.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
WOW.

Quebec just dropped the ball.

Big time.

Unreal.

So we're letting them get away with this....

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
WOW.

Quebec just dropped the ball.

Big time.

Unreal.

So we're letting them get away with this....

yes and no.
new employees needs to be vaccinated. that means the number can no longer grow.
At one point, the gov't can put the restriction when the number is negligible.

When the employee needs to lose 3 hours/week in order to get tested. at one point, some of them will get vaccinated.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
yes and no.
new employees needs to be vaccinated. that means the number can no longer grow.
At one point, the gov't can put the restriction when the number is negligible.

When the employee needs to lose 3 hours/week in order to get tested. at one point, some of them will get vaccinated.

Is the testing paid for by the employee????

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Is the testing paid for by the employee????

Testing is free for everyone.

Testing was paid (paid 1hr of salary) by the employer to the employees that required testing (3 times/week). It was generally before or after work.
Now the employee has to get tested during their personal time

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Testing is free for everyone.

Testing was paid (paid 1hr of salary) by the employer to the employees that required testing (3 times/week). It was generally before or after work.
Now the employee has to get tested during their personal time

I know a place who does it in 5mins.

Arg, and they don't even need to pay for it on their own dime.. I am pissed.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
After 21 months and being vaccinated I finally have caught Covid.
Damn this ain't no joke

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
After 21 months and being vaccinated I finally have caught Covid.
Damn this ain't no joke

I hope it stays as mild as possible. Stay safe!

After this is all said and done, you should have some amazing immunity!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad