OT: Covid-19 (Part 48) Red Panda Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
After 21 months and being vaccinated I finally have caught Covid.
Damn this ain't no joke

Not to rub it in, since I’m not sure if it’s you… Are you the Texan that was gloating the opening of Texas when the Quebecers were still locked down?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not to rub it in, since I’m not sure if it’s you… Are you the Texan that was gloating the opening of Texas when the Quebecers were still locked down?
Absolutely and no regrets. Life is an inherent risk and it is what it is.

Proud to live in a society that is 100% Open.

PS
I would never gloat because I respect my Canadian brothers and sisters. I simply live in a different culture. I wouldn't have it any other way

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Absolutely and no regrets. Life is an inherent risk and it is what it is.

Proud to live in a society that is 100% Open.

PS
I would never gloat because I respect my Canadian brothers and sisters. I simply live in a different culture. I wouldn't have it any other way

Didn’t mean to sound judgemental, I only wanted to place your opinion.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

After phase 1 (vaccine), we're entering phase 2 with the therapeutics coming in.
First Merck and now the one from Pfizer. This is really good news.

Both are currently under review by Health Canada. I'd expect at least one to receive an EUA by December. Just in time for the Christmas spike!

Getting enough doses will be another thing, although you need a lot less of those than we needed vaccine. If we can get about as many courses as the predicted hospitalizations, we'd be in great shape.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Are these 2 pills for treatment after someone is tests positive or preventive pills for unvaccinated people?

It's a treatment!

The next step is to have tools in order to detect covid asap.

I believe they are testing it as a prophylactic as well. Something you could take when there is a high chance of getting exposed.

It however does not replace vaccination as you can't take those pills for life.

I haven't seen the data on side effects, but usually antivirals are not something you want to take for fun.

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
God forbid medication companies develop medication...

Hey they developed blood thinners for kids cause you know, maybe some of the little ones might develop blood clots & heart issues when they take a shot for something they can survive 99.9% of the time.
Follow that money...it’s not about the virus anymore even though some ultra pro vax supporters think otherwise.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Hey they developed blood thinners for kids cause you know, maybe some of the little ones might develop blood clots & heart issues when they take a shot for something they can survive 99.9% of the time.
Follow that money...it’s not about the virus anymore even though some ultra pro vax supporters think otherwise.

And can you explain to me why we vaccinate almost every childrens against disease that are even more rare than covid...and disease they would mostly survive also?

After all, only 2% of the covid cases under 19 years old required hospitalization and that number is more likely 3% with Delta. But who cares about that 3%. They won't die. They likely suffered long term effect but that's also not a problem.

Hope you'll never buy a lotomax ticket in your life....a kid under 19 has almost 3x more chance to end up hospitalized with covid than you have to win 20$ at lotomax and you have less chance to win the Jackpot than a kid dying of covid.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
And can you explain to me why we vaccinate almost every childrens against disease that are even more rare than covid...and disease they would mostly survive also?

After all, only 2% of the covid cases under 19 years old required hospitalization and that number is more likely 3% with Delta. But who cares about that 3%. They won't die. They likely suffered long term effect but that's also not a problem.

Hope you'll never buy a lotomax ticket in your life....a kid under 19 has almost 3x more chance to end up hospitalized with covid than you have to win 20$ at lotomax and you have less chance to win the Jackpot than a kid dying of covid.

Because the end game of the big pharmas is to destroy your immune system (yes, vaccines do that in the alternate reality some people chosen to live in), once everyone immune system is destroyed the world population become pharma-dependent. Which mean big perpetual profit for the pharma industry.

TL;DR: Don't ask question like that, the answer will melt your brain.

CrAzYNiNe

Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Both are currently under review by Health Canada. I'd expect at least one to receive an EUA by December. Just in time for the Christmas spike!

Getting enough doses will be another thing, although you need a lot less of those than we needed vaccine. If we can get about as many courses as the predicted hospitalizations, we'd be in great shape.

How does it work?

for instance my company plans to have a Christmas party with tables for people who already work together and masks the whole time and nobody getting up during the whole thing. (Mask off during eating of course). Now let’s say we all take the pill before the party. Would we be able to mingle like normal? Or is this pill just a replacement for the unvaccinated? We are all mainly double vaxxed without being able to confirm if that’s true.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How does it work?

for instance my company plans to have a Christmas party with tables for people who already work together and masks the whole time and nobody getting up during the whole thing. (Mask off during eating of course). Now let’s say we all take the pill before the party. Would we be able to mingle like normal? Or is this pill just a replacement for the unvaccinated? We are all mainly double vaxxed without being able to confirm if that’s true.

Right now, it's a treatment for people already infected who are at risk of complications.

This is not a prevention pill.

They are investigating if it can be used as a prophylactic, but it would be only for times where you are at high risk of exposure or when you know you've been exposed. It's not the kind of pills you can take everyday.

I don't know the specific side effect of this one, but antivirals are usually not fun to take.

I'm also 99.99% sure you will need a prescription for it.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Hmm, vaccines have a minimal risk and if enough people get vaccinated the pandemic is pretty much ignoreable. More expensive medication that is only useful if you are already sick is nice and all, but it’s not as tested, there’s no reason to believe there won’t be side effects, and no one knows what’s in them.

It’s a really tough choice and we shouldn’t mock people based on their decision.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
huh, Aaron Rodgers. didn't see that one coming. closet ivermectinite
Really? I'm not surprised in the slightest.

As someone who follows the NFL closely, I remember him seen as a quiet and slightly awkward Cali kid coming up. I kinda liked that about him. But the more success he had (moreso personally as a talented QB than team's achievements), the more it became evident that he was an arrogant and selfish prick with an ever-so growing ego. I used to like GB as a franchise and just rolled my eyes at Rodgers' yet another selfish, back-stabbing act/stance/outburst, but finally I had enough and started cheering against him actively. Can't stand him as a person and that spilled over onto his athlete side, which is very rare for me.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Really? I'm not surprised in the slightest.

As someone who follows the NFL closely, I remember him seen as a quiet and slightly awkward Cali kid coming up. I kinda liked that about him. But the more success he had (moreso personally as a talented QB than team's achievements), the more it became evident that he was an arrogant and selfish prick with an ever-so growing ego. I used to like GB as a franchise and just rolled my eyes at Rodgers' yet another selfish, back-stabbing act/stance/outburst, but finally I had enough and started cheering against him actively. Can't stand him as a person and that spilled over onto his athlete side, which is very rare for me.
huh that's weird. as a casual fan, i thought he seemed like a cool guy. especially with the Jeopardy stuff recently. i'm pretty disappointed tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad