OT: Covid-19 (Part 45) I'm not a music man. (MOD Warning post #188/236)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I don't know many people who really believe that the COVID vaccines don't work, a conspiracy nut or two. I know a few young people who worry there will be some sort of long term negative effect on them or some sort of thalidomide thing on their kids. It's very unlikely based on current knowledge and results but it's not completely impossible. The important thing is that if people don't want to get the vaccine yet they have to stay away in as much as possible, keep distance and mask.

Effect on reproduction has been tested.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Just wanna chime in here with info on where I live:

We had a total of 60,000 cases of covid. Total death toll is 44. Population of 5+ million. Surface area twice the size of Montréal. Masks have been mandatory since March last year. We're at 80+ percent vaxxed. The country has had contract tracing software since last year as well (something i already know would never fly in Canada).

All that to say is that it's clear that both masks and vax have dramatically helped. We've also had several lockdowns, which also work. The locations that have had the most cases are fish markets, ktvs and eateries which make sense since they are locations where there is either proximity or mask off. And mask off + talking is a recipe for spreading.

I think at this point if you wanna not take this vax, you stay home and dont complain about not being allowed anywhere. It's your choice but it's not free of consequences.

Kiitos!

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Just wanna chime in here with info on where I live:

We had a total of 60,000 cases of covid. Total death toll is 44. Population of 5+ million. Surface area twice the size of Montréal. Masks have been mandatory since March last year. We're at 80+ percent vaxxed. The country has had contract tracing software since last year as well (something i already know would never fly in Canada).

All that to say is that it's clear that both masks and vax have dramatically helped. We've also had several lockdowns, which also work. The locations that have had the most cases are fish markets, ktvs and eateries which make sense since they are locations where there is either proximity or mask off. And mask off + talking is a recipe for spreading.

I think at this point if you wanna not take this vax, you stay home and dont complain about not being allowed anywhere. It's your choice but it's not free of consequences.

Singapore?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Over 20 years?
That's not how vaccine work mate. If side effects aren't detected early on, you're not magically going to develop some 5 years later.
This isn't medication you take on a daily or weekly basis, your body isn't constantly exposed to this. Heck, the positive effects of them barely last a year.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
It would be like having 20 kids a day getting into hospital here in Quebec
Yet, the Dr. DeSantis is banning mask madates........

Still trying to find scientific studies and data that proves that banning masks mandate helps during a pandemic.....but there's none.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
It would be like having 20 kids a day getting into hospital here in Quebec
Yet, the Dr. DeSantis is banning mask madates........

Still trying to find scientific studies and data that proves that banning masks mandate helps during a pandemic.....but there's none.

That is freaking scary.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I'm trying to understand what the 95% efficacity of the Pfizer vaccine means.

Does it mean that if you catches the virus (ex: one virus goes inyo your mouth), if not vaxxed, you'll get 100% infected (the virus spreads and get sick), while if vaxxed, only 5% chances that you'll get infected (the virus won't be able to spread 95% of the time)?
No, I think it means it will reduce the symptoms 95% of the time. There is no chance this vaccine has a 95% efficacy when it comes to stopping the spread. We are looking at needing boosters already.

Reactions: Cypruss

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
36 deaths in Quebec today, are these new ones or just the result of adding old ones?

Old ones: Suite à un rattrapage dans la saisie des données, 35 décès survenus avant le 21 mars 2021 ont été ajoutés pour la région de la Mauricie et Centre-du-Québec. Ces décès sont ajoutés au nombre cumulatif de décès mais n’apparaissent pas dans les décès des dernières 24 heures.

1 death in the last 24 hours, 35 before March 21st (all in Mauricie).

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
That's not how vaccine work mate. If side effects aren't detected early on, you're not magically going to develop some 5 years later.
This isn't medication you take on a daily or weekly basis, your body isn't constantly exposed to this. Heck, the positive effects of them barely last a year.
We don't know that. How many mRNA "vaccines" have been injected before?

If we were talking about attenuated viruses vaccines, I might agree. This is something else.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
No, I think it means it will reduce the symptoms 95% of the time. There is no chance this vaccine has a 95% efficacy when it comes to stopping the spread. We are looking at needing boosters already.
Moderna said 2 weeks ago that 6 months in their vaccine was still 93% effective.

2 days later they tweeted they thought we'd need boosters.

Doesn't remotely make sense.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
We don't know that. How many mRNA "vaccines" have been injected before?

If we were talking about attenuated viruses vaccines, I might agree. This is something else.

So you think that somethings that's gone from your body within 2 weeks is going to wait 20 years to have effects. How?

EDIT: Also, how is it going to your balls, magic?

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Moderna said 2 weeks ago that 6 months in their vaccine was still 93% effective.

2 days later they tweeted they thought we'd need boosters.

Doesn't remotely make sense.
Depends what’s being measured, but for stopping the spread, I don’t think those numbers are close. Moderna seems a bit more effective than Pfizer, by how much remains to be seen. I’ve got Pfizer lol, I don’t know too many double vaccinated with moderna. Most I know with moderna have the hybrid moderna once, Pfizer once split. I refused to do that, so I just decided I would take Pfizer only.

I had some swollen lymph nodes in my armpit and something didn’t feel right in my chest that is hard to explain. Heart didn’t hurt or anything, but I could tell it was there. Symptoms lasted ~3days. With my chest I went for a tempo run about 5~days after my 2nd dose and my heart felt like it remained elevated for 3 days, which is not normal for me at all.

All side effects seem to have subsided though.

I don’t think I’ll be lining up for boosters every 8 months. I don’t do it for the flu and I won’t be doing it for covid, so hopefully these 2 jabs help for a bit.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
So you think that somethings that's gone from your body within 2 weeks is going to wait 20 years to have effects. How?

EDIT: Also, how is it going to your balls, magic?
I think he said we don’t know, not that he claims anything will happen in 20 years. Truth is, there are dr’s and ppl concerned, including those expected to get jabbed with it. We keep pretending we know the results of trials that are currently ongoing. We don’t, that’s why we have them and why vaccines don’t get rolled out in 6 months.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think he said we don’t know, not that he claims anything will happen in 20 years. Truth is, there are dr’s and ppl concerned, including those expected to get jabbed with it. We keep pretending we know the results of trials that are currently ongoing. We don’t, that’s why we have them and why vaccines don’t get rolled out in 6 months.

But we do know. We tested it. It doesn't impact fertility or fetus development. If it doesn't now, it won't in 20 years. Why would an effect stay hidden for 20 years? This is not a chronic medication. You get it and 2 weeks after it's gone. The only thing that remains is the immune response.

If you want to argue that it's the immune response that is the problem, then bad news because Covid infection would likely have a similar effect and we're all doomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad