OT: Covid-19 (Part 45) I'm not a music man. (MOD Warning post #188/236)

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Many people think that scientist, big pharma, politicans are being paid to push the vaccine......
If you are one of them......know that some are actually being paid to make you think vaccine are not safe

The YouTubers who blew the whistle on an anti-vax plot - BBC News

It's a known fact that both Russia and China have been running and funding disinformation campaigns against the COVID vaccine. It's disheartening to see so many people fall for the trap so easily.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
It's a known fact that both Russia and China have been running and funding disinformation campaigns against the COVID vaccine. It's disheartening to see so many people fall for the trap so easily.
Any evidence to support that claim?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The Maclean's article did a nice job of separating out the groups.

The 'assholes'
The misinformed
The fearful

You aren't going to reach these groups with carrots or education. You also can't force people to take the shot. So... the only thing you can do is to protect people as much as you can from them.

Taking away airports/shows etc... is a good place to start. It's pretty much the best you can do, plus a whole lot more people will suddenly be willing to get a shot.

Reactions: Andy

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
The Maclean's article did a nice job of separating out the groups.

The 'assholes'
The misinformed
The fearful

You aren't going to reach these groups with carrots or education. You also can't force people to take the shot. So... the only thing you can do is to protect people as much as you can from them.

Taking away airports/shows etc... is a good place to start. It's pretty much the best you can do, plus a whole lot more people will suddenly be willing to get a shot.
I have an anti vaxxer friend who got the vaccine simply because he wanted to travel without headaches

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Thanks. Went through the first few links and not one has offered any actual evidence to support the claim that the campaigns promoting Sputnik-V are actually state funded. The US always has someone to blame their malaise on, China is the new target for obvious economic and geopolitical reasons and Russia is the tried, tested and true "commie bastards".

Blaming Russia and China for people not wanting the vaccine is like giving credit to Jennifer Aniston for people getting it. Neither one influences anyone.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks. Went through the first few links and not one has offered any actual evidence to support the claim that the campaigns promoting Sputnik-V are actually state funded. The US always has someone to blame their malaise on, China is the new target for obvious economic and geopolitical reasons and Russia is the tried, tested and true "commie bastards".

Blaming Russia and China for people not wanting the vaccine is like giving credit to Jennifer Aniston for people getting it. Neither one influences anyone.

:confused:

That's all I can muster in response to that.

Reactions: covfefe

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Lmao bro come on now. We are on the middle of a major cyber cold war. Where have you been?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Any evidence to support that claim?

Not going to say it's proofs of everything....but many people are working to make you think the vaccine is shit and all the measures are not working (better revolt against autority then......which is the goal of all this)

E79pYb1XMAIHtor

Then tell the people to make "their own research" and don't trust the MSM.....they'll eventually pick this one up thinking it's true while it's all bullshit.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Not going to say it's proofs of everything....but many people are working to make you think the vaccine is shit and all the measures are not working (better revolt against autority then......which is the goal of all this)

E79pYb1XMAIHtor

Then tell the people to make "their own research" and don't trust the MSM.....they'll eventually pick this one up thinking it's true while it's all bullshit.

Social media is legit cancer. Most people I know are almost completely off it. Most of us just use Instagram at this point. FB & Twitter is just toxic.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Social media is legit cancer. Most people I know are almost completely off it. Most of us just use Instagram at this point. FB & Twitter is just toxic.
Instantcrap is the same as Fakebook and Twitter. It's difficult to find a place to connect these days.

Reactions: ArtPeur

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Agree...I'm only on twitter which is 90% because of sports and f***ed up video like this

But I've left all the others.....

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Instantcrap is the same as Fakebook and Twitter. It's difficult to find a place to connect these days.

Depends what you use it for, my main account is a page dedicated to my car (other passion other than hockey) and I just follow hockey/ufc/car/meme stuff. Non-political memes, lol.

Instagram is a great platform if you don’t fall into the trap of following toxic people/ideas. The problem with FB is that I have some good friends, that are by all means great people, but they have some WACKED out views. It’s unfortunate. Lol.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016

E79pYb1XMAIHtor

Kinda like saying that despite all the acrobaties that we were put into since day 1, that you can catch it anyway and that we'll have to trust our immune system over all that is going on from the 2 polarizing sources of information. Being a free thinker is not a bad thing actually.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Depends what you use it for, my main account is a page dedicated to my car (other passion other than hockey) and I just follow hockey/ufc/car/meme stuff. Non-political memes, lol.

Instagram is a great platform if you don’t fall into the trap of following toxic people/ideas. The problem with FB is that I have some good friends, that are by all means great people, but they have some WACKED out views. It’s unfortunate. Lol.
Judging people over their beliefs and views had had a resurgence in recents months, but I guess we just need to stick to our own side and keep the distance. No matter what, the virus still goes through "mouth/nose/eyes fluids", so our body still has to put up with this virus, no matter the additions we make to our bodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad