OT: Covid-19 (Part 45) I'm not a music man. (MOD Warning post #188/236)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Moderna said 2 weeks ago that 6 months in their vaccine was still 93% effective.

2 days later they tweeted they thought we'd need boosters.

Doesn't remotely make sense.
I’m not so sure that the vaccines “wear off” so much as it is that the virus continues to mutate. It’s still very effective against the Delta variant but not as effective as the first strain.

Which, again... is another reason to vaccinate. The more it spreads the greater the chance of mutation.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Depends what’s being measured, but for stopping the spread, I don’t think those numbers are close. Moderna seems a bit more effective than Pfizer, by how much remains to be seen. I’ve got Pfizer lol, I don’t know too many double vaccinated with moderna. Most I know with moderna have the hybrid moderna once, Pfizer once split. I refused to do that, so I just decided I would take Pfizer only.

I had some swollen lymph nodes in my armpit and something didn’t feel right in my chest that is hard to explain. Heart didn’t hurt or anything, but I could tell it was there. Symptoms lasted ~3days. With my chest I went for a tempo run about 5~days after my 2nd dose and my heart felt like it remained elevated for 3 days, which is not normal for me at all.

All side effects seem to have subsided though.

I don’t think I’ll be lining up for boosters every 8 months. I don’t do it for the flu and I won’t be doing it for covid, so hopefully these 2 jabs help for a bit.

Sounds like anxiety to me, you were scared of side effects and you created one for yourself. You posted about myocarditis side effects a while back, you were probably on high alert for something similar.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Moderna said 2 weeks ago that 6 months in their vaccine was still 93% effective.

2 days later they tweeted they thought we'd need boosters.

Doesn't remotely make sense.
What are you so worried about?

Some guy in the US injected himself with anti-worm medication meant for livestock yesterday. DeSantis is pushing Regeneron in Florida...

Some people seem to be willing to put anything in their body to stop Covid other than the vaccine that’s designed to actually stop it.

There’s a virus out there that can attack your organs even in mild cases where you don’t have symptoms and you’re afraid of the vaccine? It just doesn’t make any sense. Especially since we’ve had vaccines for generations that have been successful at getting rid of diseases like the measles and mumps.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Some guy in the US injected himself with anti-worm medication meant for livestock yesterday. DeSantis is pushing Regeneron in Florida...

Some people seem to be willing to put anything in their body to stop Covid other than the vaccine that’s designed to actually stop it.

There’s a virus out there that can attack your organs even in mild cases where you don’t have symptoms and you’re afraid of the vaccine? It just doesn’t make any sense. Especially since we’ve had vaccines for generations that have been successful at getting rid of diseases like the measles and mumps.

If their parents and grand parents thought the same way they are now.......they wouldn't be even born.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
We don't know that. How many mRNA "vaccines" have been injected before?

If we were talking about attenuated viruses vaccines, I might agree. This is something else.
Here is a quick history of mRNA vaccines. They've been working on this for quite a while.

The long road to mRNA vaccines - CIHR

And again, using simple logic, why would one suddenly develop long term serious effects? This is in the same range as "I'm gonna grow a third arm", it simply doesn't make sense that all is smooth and then..poof...year 6 since taking vaccine...it causes damage to your reproductive organs. That's not how medicine works.

Last edited:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
We don't know that. How many mRNA "vaccines" have been injected before?

If we were talking about attenuated viruses vaccines, I might agree. This is something else.

The chances of COVID causing something like this are far higher than the vaccine. There's no medical or scientific reason for the vaccine to cause random effects years later. Especially with reproductive organs, since there is no connection there.

Meanwhile there are plenty of cases where viral infections, even minor ones, cause long term damage that isn't known until later. Look at post Polio syndrome. Mild polio infection with little to no symptoms, full recovery, then bam 20 years later you're paralyzed.

You should be far more concerned about long term effects with COVID than you are about the vaccine.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

I'm not that worried, I've had my 2 shots. I just think some guys here just love their vaccine and pharma blindly where there are legitimate questions and risks, and I always think the smart thing is to keep our eyes open, ask questions and think.

I'm not anti-vax and I don't believe any of this is a conspiracy, BUT I also think there's a lot of money at play and big pharma companies pulling strings everywhere.

Reactions: Cypruss

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I'm not that worried, I've had my 2 shots. I just think some guys here just love their vaccine and pharma blindly where there are legitimate questions and risks, and I always think the smart thing is to keep our eyes open, ask questions and think.

I'm not anti-vax and I don't believe any of this is a conspiracy, BUT I also think there's a lot of money at play and big pharma companies pulling strings everywhere.

I am thinking, which is why I don't think your worries have any ground to stand on.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Men asked a lot less questions when Pfizer got that blue pill on the market........which they made a fortune with it, which we don't know long term effect either.

There's a lot of money at play here for sure, but it's not like those compagnies are trying to find customers either. They can't even produce enough vaccine to satisfy 30% the world's demand as of yet.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Drug company is going to benefit from people needing their meds, yes. Not sure how that makes them the bad guys.
Big pharma has issues, no doubt, but that's irrelevant to long term side effects or whatnot.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Are you asking those same questions about COVID's long-term effects?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Are you asking those same questions about COVID's long-term effects?
Yes. We don't know more than about the vaccine.

We do have 17-18 years of data about the people who suffered from SARS-COV-1, though. Pretty close cousin.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Men asked a lot less questions when Pfizer got that blue pill on the market........which they made a fortune with it, which we don't know long term effect either.

There's a lot of money at play here for sure, but it's not like those compagnies are trying to find customers either. They can't even produce enough vaccine to satisfy 30% the world's demand as of yet.
Did you know that booster shots would/will cost a lot more per unit than the 2 first doses? Of course Moderna/Pfizer would love us to take them.

Has nothing to do with wether or not we will need them (we might), but there'll be marketing for sure.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Did you know that booster shots would/will cost a lot more per unit than the 2 first doses? Of course Moderna/Pfizer would love us to take them.

Has nothing to do with wether or not we will need them (we might), but there'll be marketing for sure.
So... it’s a conspiracy between governments, well respected scientists, the media and the drug companies.

It has nothing to do with these shots maybe improving the immune system?

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yes. We don't know more than about the vaccine.

We do have 17-18 years of data about the people who suffered from SARS-COV-1, though. Pretty close cousin.

SARS never caused the level or organ damage and long-COVID like we're seeing with COVID though.

I'd say if you're asking questions about the vaccine's long-term effects (mRNA vaccines have been tested for 20+ years, BTW) then you ought to be scared SHITLESS about potential long-term effects of having had even a mild COVID infection, because the odds of that happening are magnitudes higher.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

You realize this is conspiracy level right?
Any drug company is gonna want people to buy and use their drugs when needed, but if you go into "whether or not we need them" territory, then you're going into conspiracy mode.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
You realize this is conspiracy level right?
Any drug company is gonna want people to buy and use their drugs when needed, but if you go into "whether or not we need them" territory, then you're going into conspiracy mode.
Never heard of pharma companies choosing the studies they release to favor their products? Ok. Took years for Vioxx to be taken off market even if we knew if caused premature deaths. But sure, keep thinking pharmas are in business only for the greater good of humanity.

So... it’s a conspiracy between governments, well respected scientists, the media and the drug companies.

It has nothing to do with these shots maybe improving the immune system?

I'm not saying the vaccines are inefficient. They increase immunity, yes. But there are scientists that disagree with the mainstream decisions everywhere, and some think we don't need boosters.

The drug companies want us to buy their product, yes. That's the point of being in business.

Now governments, I just think most of them are incompetent, but that's another discussion.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Boosters shot will cost what it's going to cost to other countries who still don't have vaccine.....it's not a different vaccine, it's the same one. So why big pharma would need us to take them when they could sell them the same price to other countries that are begging to get some?

In the US, which is their big market (cause I don't think big pharmas really gives a shit about the Canadian market)
A dose of Pfizer pneumococcal vaccine Prevnar 13 cost more than $200 for the private sector.
A dose Pfizer covid-19 vaccine, since it's a pandemic, cost $19.50

They still makes a tons of money out of it...but with the high demand and low supplies, they could still triple their price in a blink of an eye and they would still sell them without a shadow of a doubt since it would still be considered a very good price when we look at the price of vaccines.

Why would they just do that?
Since money is all they care about.....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I'm not saying the vaccines are inefficient. They increase immunity, yes. But there are scientists that disagree with the mainstream decisions everywhere, and some think we don't need boosters.

The drug companies want us to buy their product, yes. That's the point of being in business.

Now governments, I just think most of them are incompetent, but that's another discussion.
Scientists that disagree with the mainstream... Why would you give them any credence? There are “scientists” who argue the earth is flat too. Do their voices have equal value? I don’t think so. Why wouldn’t you listen to a guy like Fauci who’s been well respected for decades? It blows my mind that people would rather listen to Dr Phil.

I can understand healthy skepticism. We shouldn’t take anything at face value... but again, we have a huge sample size of examples of how these things work. Those that haven’t taken it are in the hospital at much greater numbers.

And yet we get guys putting hydroxychloroquin in themselves instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad