OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Da fook happened to my region yesterday (today's numbers)???

Just a continuation of what was going on below the surface. Yesterday there was a small spike of cases in Montreal, Estrie and Outaouais. Most Quebec's regions have a positivity rate <2% now and these 3 are a bit of outlier with Montreal at 3%, Estrie at 4% and Outaouais at 7%.

The solution is just to test more (since contact tracing is our Achilles' heel.) and take the positive cases out of circulation.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm not sure how things are going out east, but over here in 'Berta, despite all evidence to the contrary, our government and CMOH insist schools are magical places where Covid transmission doesn't take place. To that end, the Oilers have devised a brilliant plan to allow fans in the stands.
d50a02be-e0eb-41d2-8854-f7b6bcc49ce1-jpeg.436895

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
So with outdoor festivals and events (Piknic Electronic, Beachclub, ect) happening at the end of June, if the government really wants to entince young people to get vaxxed faster.
They should allow people with 1 dose taken over 3 weeks ago to be maskless at outdoor events. Use security checkpoints and put a little bracelet. Anyone not dosed up will get jealous and will rush to get vaxxed.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom and the

Revansky

Mar 17, 2013
Montreal
I found this site which tracks the vaccination progress in Quebec : How many people in Quebec have been vaccinated against COVID-19?

Here's some interesting tidbits :

About 76,32 % of adults over 18 have either have a first dose or an appointment taken for a first dose (which means around 62,33 % in total population)

They estimate we should reach 75 % of first doses admnistered for adults over 18 on June 1st (with a 76 k doses per day pace) and 75 % of second doses admnistered on august 4.

Montreal should reach 75 % on june 8 (we are around 47 % right now).

In a Lapresse article, this morning, they're saying they now aim to have 80 % of adults over 18 vaccinated and think they can have at least 75 % in each age group.

Things are trending really well :)

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Will they be bringing forward 2nd doses for everyone, if they aim to hit 75% of second doses by August 4?

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I got my vaccin in april and I still didn’t receive that email, do I have to do anything?

Nope! They’ll get to you eventually. I got my vaccine about 3 weeks ago and just got my code 2 days ago. Everybody will get one, but it may take a few more weeks.

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal
Looks like Quebec got close to 1M doses ready to be giving out. Hope we see great numbers this week! Would be amazing if we can hit 60% of the population 1 dosed before the curfew is dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad