OT: Covid-19 (Part 42) All Night Long

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
So I checked the booking site, seems I can book something now provided I say I have a chronic issue. But it doesn't ask for any kind of confirmation.

There's a slot available May 8. That's after things open up for my group anyway. I do have a chronic issue, but not sure if it would be affected by COVID. It might? Is this a waste of time?

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
So I checked the booking site, seems I can book something now provided I say I have a chronic issue. But it doesn't ask for any kind of confirmation.

There's a slot available May 8. That's after things open up for my group anyway. I do have a chronic issue, but not sure if it would be affected by COVID. It might? Is this a waste of time?
Just wait one week for your turn.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I don’t know the rules there, but if it’s anything autoimmune or respiratory related, it’d qualify here. My wife had bad pneumonia that almost killed her a few years ago. While it was actually her job that got her shot (front line), due to history, she was among the earlier ones to get it in her group.

Just to follow-up for myself, 5 days after the Pfizer shot, I feel completely fine. Sore arm was gone within 36 hours, as well as any headache and nausea.

Reactions: waffledave

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I don’t know the rules there, but if it’s anything autoimmune or respiratory related, it’d qualify here. My wife had bad pneumonia that almost killed her a few years ago. While it was actually her job that got her shot (front line), due to history, she was among the earlier ones to get it in her group.

Just to follow-up for myself, 5 days after the Pfizer shot, I feel completely fine. Sore arm was gone within 36 hours, as well as any headache and nausea.

My wife has mild asthma. Does that count? In my case, I have something that increases my risk of getting pneumonia 10x, but it's mostly controlled with medication.

I'm not trying to skip the line. There are 100s of empty slots available and I'm just trying to do what's right for my family.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

You mean you didn’t grow a third leg?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Here's the list:
Chronic diseases and health problems targeted for vaccination against COVID-19
List of diseases and health problems for which people can make an appointment at a vaccination clinic or pharmacy

• Kidney failure requiring dialysis
  • Severe immunosuppression
  • Chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer
  • Severe heart disease
  • Severe lung disease
  • Obesity (a person with a body mass index of 35 or higher)
  • Diabetes
  • Sickle cell anemia
  • Down syndrome
  • Medical condition causing a problem clearing respiratory secretions or a risk of aspiration of secretions, for example:
    • Cognitive impairment (dementia, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease)
    • Spinal cord injury (hemiplegia and quadriplegia)
    • Neuromuscular disorders
  • Intellectual disability or autism spectrum disorder and one of the conditions listed above
  • Presence of more than one chronic disease

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
upload_2021-5-1_10-13-45.png

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Here's the list:
Chronic diseases and health problems targeted for vaccination against COVID-19
List of diseases and health problems for which people can make an appointment at a vaccination clinic or pharmacy

• Kidney failure requiring dialysis
  • Severe immunosuppression
  • Chemotherapy or radiation therapy for cancer
  • Severe heart disease
  • Severe lung disease
  • Obesity (a person with a body mass index of 35 or higher)
  • Diabetes
  • Sickle cell anemia
  • Down syndrome
  • Medical condition causing a problem clearing respiratory secretions or a risk of aspiration of secretions, for example:
    • Cognitive impairment (dementia, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease)
    • Spinal cord injury (hemiplegia and quadriplegia)
    • Neuromuscular disorders
  • Intellectual disability or autism spectrum disorder and one of the conditions listed above
  • Presence of more than one chronic disease

Thanks! I actually do fall into this group as I aspirate in my sleep due to a condition I have, hence the pneumonia risk.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Thanks! I actually do fall into this group as I aspirate in my sleep due to a condition I have, hence the pneumonia risk.

For what is worth, they just asked what was my condition when I went and didn't really check anything. To be fair, obesity is pretty obvious, but I don't think they ask much detail.

Just make sure you have your RAMQ card as you will be asked 5 times I believe to scan it. :laugh:

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
For what is worth, they just asked what was my condition when I went and didn't really check anything. To be fair, obesity is pretty obvious, but I don't think they ask much detail.

Just make sure you have your RAMQ card as you will be asked 5 times I believe to scan it. :laugh:

Thanks! I have asked around and others with my condition have gotten vaccinated.

Reactions: Treb

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

Interesting, I didn't have to show mine. Went to a pharmacy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Interesting, I didn't have to show mine. Went to a pharmacy.

I went to a vaccination centre, so they have more space and like 4 different station you have to stop by and they ask your card each time:
Pre-check in
Check-in
Side effect, bla bla, consent
Vaccine

Reactions: HabsCowboysOwn

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

Basically if you think your health issue puts you at greater risk, book your shot. I think there are enough people who won't get the vaccine, are hesitant, or skeptical that you shouldn't feel bad. Protect yourself.

Reactions: llamateizer

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Basically if you think your health issue puts you at greater risk, book your shot. I think there are enough people who won't get the vaccine, are hesitant, or skeptical that you shouldn't feel bad. Protect yourself.

I don't feel bad at all. There are 100s of spots available, at this point anyone who doesn't have it yet and is able, is a lost cause. I don't think these people deserve priority over anyone else who actually wants to contribute to moving us forward. I am booked for next week.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
I don't feel bad at all. There are 100s of spots available, at this point anyone who doesn't have it yet and is able, is a lost cause. I don't think these people deserve priority over anyone else who actually wants to contribute to moving us forward. I am booked for next week.
Good to hear. I'm going for my 2nd shot on Tuesday. I'm nervous, to be quite honest, but I know it needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad