OT: Covid-19 (Part 20) Spread a Little Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Yes and Dr. Campell is bullish on immunity now thinking 1 or 2 years. And he has been spot on during this crisis with his observations.

Also in the video SK has no evidence that a recovered person can infect others which is also very good.

Yep these are all questions that had no answers or information yet so this is all great news.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm surprised people are buying so much shit. I barely spent 500$ since this started on non essentials. And everything I bought was for my new condo since I haven't finished furnishing it yet. Managed to save 2500$ already. 1000$ came from my 2 week europe trip I had planned in April but still. I legit spend between 800$ and 1000$ per month on going out lol.

It's crazy. All I hear is how everyone is so broke and needs to get back to work but every other cart coming out of there had a new flatscreen. I had no clue they even sold TVs. Certainly an interesting time to go buy a f***ing TV LOL... Especially when you can get them off Amazon.

Reactions: Crusher117 and the

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
You'll be able to gather in groups of 10 by friday...Not sure why they didn't just allow this today, it's not like businesses where they need to prepare, they could announce gatherings on the same day.
Anyways, at least we'll be good to go for Friday. 10 people but of 3 different households max.

Nothing much will change, where I live people have been gathering in backyards since the first time it hit double digits temperature.

My neighbors across the street held a huge 40th birthday party over the weekend. Grandparents, siblings, grandkids, friends, the whole shebang. They have never cared and have been doing whatever since day 1. And the other day my wife called them out on it when they were saying "we are really excited for this to be all over, it's been so difficult!" Like... nothing has changed. The grandparents are there every day babysitting which I don't even get because the dad isn't working.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
Nothing much will change, where I live people have been gathering in backyards since the first time it hit double digits temperature.

My neighbors across the street held a huge 40th birthday party over the weekend. Grandparents, siblings, grandkids, friends, the whole shebang. They have never cared and have been doing whatever since day 1. And the other day my wife called them out on it when they were saying "we are really excited for this to be all over, it's been so difficult!" Like... nothing has changed. The grandparents are there every day babysitting which I don't even get because the dad isn't working.

They're babysitting the dad

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I mean, if you really believe that so many people have been skipping the rules, people are out on walks, in parks, playing sports, none really wearing masks or keeping a big distance...well...that means the virus just isn't as contagious or prevalent as you think. Otherwise our cases would be soaring through the roof right now.
How long have you been hearing frustrated and angry about people going out and not keeping the distancing?
If it weren't for the government's failing at controlling the spread in the CHSLDs and some hospitals where patients were poorly looked after and staff were spreading the virus themselves from one place to another....our death numbers would be way way way down and our cases probably never hit 900+.

Maybe things just aren't as bad as you've been freaking out over. I'm just saying, this could very well be a possibility.
There hasn't been a spike in cases since we started reopening things like construction and landscaping back in early May, and then businesses outside of Mtl, despite testing going up. This is terrific news man, I think you can probably relax a bit more.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Guarantee those kinds of stores were filled with bored people just browsing.
No doubt about it. Same goes for grocery store shoppers. I'm sure most people who go shop still have plenty of food at home they could survive on for at least another few days. I don't know anybody who gets groceries when they literally have nothing left to eat at home.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Today pissed me the f*** off. Second day back to the office and I get an email from the parking commission saying that I am in arrears on my monthly parking pass and if I don’t pay 522$ by may 31st I am going into collections.

I replied to the email and said I am kind of surprised that I am still being charged for a parking space that has been of no use to me since the beginning of March. You can see the parking lot from your window in city hall and see that there are less than 10 cars in it and this is with the city reopening yet you are still charging everyone for a space they can’t use because the entire province had been in lockdown. I told her I would pay the bill in full tomorrow, but not without speaking to someone about it. She didn’t reply. I said not only are you charging me for a parking space I haven’t been able to use because of a global pandemic that forced everyone to stay at home, but you’re threatening me with collections. f*** I’m livid, but unfortunately I think my only option is to pay it. What a crock of shit.

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Today pissed me the f*** off. Second day back to the office and I get an email from the parking commission saying that I am in arrears on my monthly parking pass and if I don’t pay 522$ by may 31st I am going into collections.

I replied to the email and said I am kind of surprised that I am still being charged for a parking space that has been of no use to me since the beginning of March. You can see the parking lot from your window in city hall and see that there are less than 10 cars in it and this is with the city reopening yet you are still charging everyone for a space they can’t use because the entire province had been in lockdown. I told her I would pay the bill in full tomorrow, but not without speaking to someone about it. She didn’t reply. I said not only are you charging me for a parking space I haven’t been able to use because of a global pandemic that forced everyone to stay at home, but you’re threatening me with collections. f*** I’m livid, but unfortunately I think my only option is to pay it. What a crock of shit.
Talk to a lawyer maybe?

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
It's crazy. All I hear is how everyone is so broke and needs to get back to work but every other cart coming out of there had a new flatscreen. I had no clue they even sold TVs. Certainly an interesting time to go buy a f***ing TV LOL... Especially when you can get them off Amazon.
I got some quality camping stuff from Sportscheck. 25% off on top of already marked down price was too good to pass on when you plan on going camping the next 2 to 3 years. I also spend around 300$ on gardening supplies growing vegetables and some flowers.

For those of us who still worked full time, nothing changed financially other than the fact that May has 3 pay checks, I haven't sent my taxes back and it was just announced, because of the work I do, that I will be paid 4$ more for every hours I worked since March 15 ongoing for 16 weeks.
That's at least 5000$ extra for most people this month.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Talk to a lawyer maybe?
I don’t think it’s worth getting a lawyer involved. To be honest I completely forgot about the damn thing. Should have cancelled the pass. I bought a new home and the bill was likely being sent to my old address. I get that the city needs revenue to stay operational, but I mean come on. They know damn well these are business parking passes and that everything has been closed. I’m partly to blame, but I really can’t stand the money sucking government.

I pay 575$ per month in property tax alone, but that isn’t enough for these blood suckers. So frustrating.

Reactions: the

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Well for some reason Quebec just increased their "under investigation" number by 120%... We had 5000 results yesterday, and 5000 more under investigation. INSP site no longer shows how many are under investigation, which leads me to believe the government is playing with numbers.

Grrr, the site has this "
Le nombre de tests de dépistage ne correspond pas au nombre de personnes testées (graphique 4). Une personne peut être testée plusieurs fois, en particulier les travailleurs de la santé. Les prélèvements analysés sont disponibles avec un délai de 48 heures."

So the test numbers are all over the place because people are being tested multiple times in a 48h delay, therefore total test number high, but they are discarded if they re-test positive... Very frustrating to know they are using 9582 test and only give us 5000 results.

So from now on the number of test will depend highly on how many people they have re-tested positive. AKA 4k people yesterday...

Last edited:
Reactions: llamateizer

Chadstudsky

Nov 19, 2008
Ottawa
I need to decide whether or not I renew my season tickets.

Realistically I need to sell at least half for this to be affordable for me. Do you guys think people will be going to hockey games (if they happen)?

edit: I was not going to renew originally before this went down. But they are giving me a nice discount and some other perks. Plus I feel the season will be shortened/delayed and I don't need to pay until shit is official. I also feel there will be a lot of movement as certain players will ask for trades to get out of certain cities if the virus is out of control. Might be some interesting movement, teams may all look different.

I'm also wondering if I should renew mine or not (half season).

Let me know if you dont, i wouldn't mind going halvsies. I moved to Ottawa since getting them and i only go to a handful and gift the rest. 10-11 games would be perfect for me

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Bluetooth is a great invention.

Harald was a mighty man but he betrayed the Danes by getting baptized. His son the Forkbeard revolted and chased out the bishops and his father but too many had already been baptized. :laugh:

d64d43079f7b7aa1b521f69fed2b50e6.jpg

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
You'll be able to gather in groups of 10 by friday...Not sure why they didn't just allow this today, it's not like businesses where they need to prepare, they could announce gatherings on the same day.
Anyways, at least we'll be good to go for Friday. 10 people but of 3 different households max.

But yet it’s ok to go to work with hundreds of people of different house holds.

All good as long as we are still contributing to taxes and the economy. :help:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
But yet it’s ok to go to work with hundreds of people of different house holds.

All good as long as we are still contributing to taxes and the economy. :help:

It is annoying you can't be with more than 2 other friends basically, but hey, I'll take it for now!

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I mean, if you really believe that so many people have been skipping the rules, people are out on walks, in parks, playing sports, none really wearing masks or keeping a big distance...well...that means the virus just isn't as contagious or prevalent as you think. Otherwise our cases would be soaring through the roof right now.
How long have you been hearing frustrated and angry about people going out and not keeping the distancing?
If it weren't for the government's failing at controlling the spread in the CHSLDs and some hospitals where patients were poorly looked after and staff were spreading the virus themselves from one place to another....our death numbers would be way way way down and our cases probably never hit 900+.

Maybe things just aren't as bad as you've been freaking out over. I'm just saying, this could very well be a possibility.
There hasn't been a spike in cases since we started reopening things like construction and landscaping back in early May, and then businesses outside of Mtl, despite testing going up. This is terrific news man, I think you can probably relax a bit more.

I don't think we can relax yet…...complete opposite actually.

Biggest problem right now, many thinks it's all over while it's really not especially since we are still opening up way too fast and with a lack of standard and clear measures.

There's a high chance of us going back into another lockdown and that's the most important thing we need to fight for, we need to be wise enough as a society to do the right thing or we're going to lose everything we think we've won.

We're still looking at 30 000 new cases over the next 2 months if we do things right…...if we don't, we know things can get out of hand real quickly. We'll need luck, great respected measures and some sort of partial community immunity in the most dense city to get that numbers below that.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
It is annoying you can't be with more than 2 other friends basically, but hey, I'll take it for now!

I choose to see it as an infringement on our freedom at this point.

Not saying that they should be allowing stadiums full of people, but at this point it’s laughably bad decision making.

Covid-19 is going to go down in history as the biggest economical and social boondoggle in the history of the human race at this rate.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah but does your home state have a town named Dildo? :) Well we do here in Newfoundland and Jimmy Kimmel is the honorary mayor. They even have a Hollywood type sign now which Jimmy Kimmel paid for.

kybooqz8aoi31.png

world-dildo25tr1-e1405444216575.jpg

Kimmel milked that gig for all it was worth. A nice piece of Canadiana. Sorta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad