OT: Covid-19 (Part 20) Spread a Little Happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Yes we still do need to see a drop in number of cases and we should see it. Our hospitals, especially in Montreal, are already really crowded, our healthcare workers (Who are begging for some vacancy too) are already on the verge of breaking down.

Our healthcare system was already sick before this pandemic and already needed to add more capacity. We don't have much space as it is. We don't have enough healthcare workers right now.

We do have to find a way to live with the virus and that's exactly what i'm talking about....but we also need to protect our Healthcare system even more cause that's where the decision will be made, no matter how many persons lost their jobs.

Spain and France had around 7000 daily cases in their peak, they are at around 700 a day now.
Italy and Germany, it was around 6000 in their peak and they drop it to around 600 a day.

All those country made it. They also will live with the virus but it's viable on the long term to have that daily numbers of case, they could even afford the case to climb a little bit....we don't. Their measures are stricter than us at every turn. We also need to get there.

We have around the same daily cases than those 4 countries (and we are only a province).....It's hard for me to see what we're doing is a good plan to live with this virus.

Belgium (11 millions people, closer to us) was having around 1,400 cases daily, they are now around 300 a day
Switzerland (8.5 millions, just like us) had a peak a little bit higher than us at 1,200 daily case almost exactly like us….they are now at around 50 new daily cases.

Both countries put together have less daily new cases than Quebec…...

Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland all made mask mandatory.
We are not even smart enough to do that and people are not smart enough to do it on their own and it is the key to sustain a reopening.

Still think we're doing it right to STAY open?

We are reopening while having no wiggling room in our healthcare system, with more daily cases than many country while not even putting the same strong measures.

Do you realize how insane this is?

Quebec's situation was never as bad as some europe countries.
In France
18000 of the 28000 deaths were in general populations
10k deaths were in EHPAD and EMS (RPA, CHSLD equivalent) .

here the vast majority of the deaths were in RPA, CHSLD 3200 / 3700

ICU in whole France went overflow. In Montreal, we got close, but we had options (transfer patients to other hospitals)

Masks are not mandatory, but hopefully, more people will wear it.

The good news is that the number of cases are going down even if we're increasing the testing.

As for health care worker. the 11k missing are starting to return to work. so that's good. hopefully the vacation get resolved.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Quebec's situation was never as bad as some europe countries.
In France
18000 of the 28000 deaths were in general populations
10k deaths were in EHPAD and EMS (RPA, CHSLD equivalent) .

here the vast majority of the deaths were in RPA, CHSLD 3200 / 3700

ICU in whole France went overflow. In Montreal, we got close, but we had options (transfer patients to other hospitals)

Masks are not mandatory, but hopefully, more people will wear it.

The good news is that the number of cases are going down even if we're increasing the testing.

As for health care worker. the 11k missing are starting to return to work. so that's good. hopefully the vacation get resolved.

I know here it's all about deaths but for me it's all about hospitalization. Dead people doesn't need 3 healthcare workers a day and doesn't crowd our hospital. More people caught it, more people will be in hospital and that's what we should prevent for the sake of our healthcare system. Some workers might be coming back but if we keep our hospital full of covid people, more will get infected and more will be missing work and some will simply say, f*** it, i'm not working there anymore.

Case are dropping and it's a good thing but the question should really be...will it continue with the way we are opening. More people will wear masks? But it's not about more people wearing them, it's about EVERYBODY wearing them (public transport and businesses). They should already be mandatory but right now, at least in my town and work, we're about 40% only.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
EYgltS1WoAEki_2

Yes we still do need to see a drop in number of cases and we should see it. Our hospitals, especially in Montreal, are already really crowded, our healthcare workers (Who are begging for some vacancy too) are already on the verge of breaking down.

Our healthcare system was already sick before this pandemic and already needed to add more capacity. We don't have much space as it is. We don't have enough healthcare workers right now.

We do have to find a way to live with the virus and that's exactly what i'm talking about....but we also need to protect our Healthcare system even more cause that's where the decision will be made, no matter how many persons lost their jobs.

Spain and France had around 7000 daily cases in their peak, they are at around 700 a day now.
Italy and Germany, it was around 6000 in their peak and they drop it to around 600 a day.

All those country made it. They also will live with the virus but it's viable on the long term to have that daily numbers of case, they could even afford the case to climb a little bit....we don't. Their measures are stricter than us at every turn. We also need to get there.

We have around the same daily cases than those 4 countries (and we are only a province).....It's hard for me to see what we're doing is a good plan to live with this virus.

Belgium (11 millions people, closer to us) was having around 1,400 cases daily, they are now around 300 a day
Switzerland (8.5 millions, just like us) had a peak a little bit higher than us at 1,200 daily case almost exactly like us….they are now at around 50 new daily cases.

Both countries put together have less daily new cases than Quebec…...

Spain, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, Switzerland all made mask mandatory.
We are not even smart enough to do that and people are not smart enough to do it on their own and it is the key to sustain a reopening.

Still think we're doing it right to STAY open?
Government has said multiple times they can clear beds in hospitals. They've kept patients who are cleared to leave in hospitals because they have the capacity.
Nothing you mentioned addressed my post. You flat out just ignored the points and repeated the same talking points that's been on for months.
You sweeping the economy under the rug isn't a strong argument or realistic.
We could have also discussed the mental aspect where depression, anxiety and domestic violence are all on the rise. Actually a poll suggested depression and anxiety had spike to its highest level yesterday since the beginning of the pandemic.

Sorry man, but anyone who just discusses this virus looking solely at the cases/hospitalization/ICUs at this point in time needs to open their eyes.
It's as if you're on a sinking ship and you're plugging a hole with both your hands not realizing there are other holes behind you.

We are reopening while having no wiggling room in our healthcare system, with more daily cases than many country while not even putting the same strong measures.

Do you realize how insane this is?

You don't actually know this. Every country, heck, even within the same country, people test/track/count differently. Other places could actually be having more cases than us, you don't know.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Government has said multiple times they can clear beds in hospitals. They've kept patients who are cleared to leave in hospitals because they have the capacity.
Nothing you mentioned addressed my post. You flat out just ignored the points and repeated the same talking points that's been on for months.
You sweeping the economy under the rug isn't a strong argument or realistic.
We could have also discussed the mental aspect where depression, anxiety and domestic violence are all on the rise. Actually a poll suggested depression and anxiety had spike to its highest level yesterday since the beginning of the pandemic.

Sorry man, but anyone who just discusses this virus looking solely at the cases/hospitalization/ICUs at this point in time needs to open their eyes.
It's as if you're on a sinking ship and you're plugging a hole with both your hands not realizing there are other holes behind you.

You don't actually know this. Every country, heck, even within the same country, people test/track/count differently. Other places could actually be having more cases than us, you don't know.

You do realize that hospitalization cost a shitload of money in our economy, right?
Might look free to us, but it's not…..especially since we just gave them a shitload more money than usual to help our healthcare system to survive.

Yes Governement can clean up beds….but that also means that those needed surgeries won't get them. It also means that it will cost more money and like the government said that although they have free beds, they don't have the staffs to be able to used them.

So no, i'm not sweeping the economy under the rug at all. You think the economy is only businesses but it's not.
If we close down again, guess what….it will cost a shitload more money to all of us and hurt the economy.

Depression, anxiety and domestic violence will all get a lot worst if we close down again.
You look at those things as important, and they are…..but they are far behind the problems we'll have if we keep filling up our hospitals cause we're talking about surgeries not being perform, heart problem are also on the rise right now because of this.

And honestly….it's the worst pandemic in more than a 100 years so we won't get out of it with full of happiness in our little heart and money full in our pockets. There will be side effect one way or the other.

You seems to think : "Great we're reopening and we are going to open more and more and it's impossible for them to turn back and go back into a lockdown" but it's far from the truth and they said it about everyday.

They won't hesitate one second if the healthcare system can't deal with another rush of cases.

As for other other countries, most of those i took test more than we do and in some case a lot more so i don't think a positive is suddenly not a positive case in their country.

Don't get me wrong….i'm all for opening up as long as it's being done the right way with a long term viability in the project.
Many countries are showing us the way and we keep a blind eye to it and that's where i have a problem.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad