OT: Covid-19 (Part 16) Don't Stand So Close To Me edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The true, romance-tested gentlemen on the other hand learn to love and revel in the additional roundness of their wives (or their husbands, gentlemanliness is not only for straight people, someone born a woman or intersex but wanting to live their life as a man could be a better gentleman than any of us), their wrinkles and the beautiful time spent together. They see their companion as they once were as much as how they currently look. Even though they could easily enough ingratiate themselves to fresher folk, and enjoy a life of debauchery ala waffledave, they remain steadfast until eventually they die.

LOL debauchery? I am married to a woman older than me and we've been together for 12 years!

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
People losing their life savings can lead to major health issues too, mental and physical.

This is something the government can help with a lot more than the alternative, a massive spike in infections/deaths for the sake of saving the economy.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
This is something the government can help with a lot more than the alternative, a massive spike in infections/deaths for the sake of saving the economy.

i mean yes and no, they can only help for a certain amount of time. Do you really think cerb will be advanced past July?

it’s just not a feasible to keep on giving people 2000 bucks a month. There has to be some sort of economic action whether large or small.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Solid presser so far by Legault.

Ever heard of chickenpox parties, where parents bring their kids to a house where there is an infected child, so they can get infected once and for all?

Some people want to do the same with COVID-19, problem is that there is no proof that getting it will provide you with lifetime immunity compared to chickenpox.

Not sure how those are relevant anymore with a vaccine available at a very young age.

They've never been a good idea. They're basically trying to do what vaccines do, but with a much higher risk and mortality rate. It's idiotic and dangerous.

Reactions: Runner77

King Makar19

Dec 5, 2019
I can't speak for other posters but what's the alternative? An announcement was made that there is an intention to open up on X date so everyone has to assume that we are opening up and start preparing. Do you know how many things have to happen in order to open up schools? The number of logistical nightmares that we teachers are going through? The alternative would be to wait until it's closer and then if it does open up, you're caught even more with your pants down than we already are.

Cry me a river.... we faces those challenges since march with old people. We adjust...u have 2 weeks of preparation...thats 14 more days than us...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
i mean yes and no, they can only help for a certain amount of time. Do you really think cerb will be advanced past July?

it’s just not a feasible to keep on giving people 2000 bucks a month. There has to be some sort of economic action whether large or small.

There is more than just the CERB that could have been attempted here. I mean things like restaurants and clubs, which were an example brought up in the original post, are not going to be reopening any time soon regardless. These people need some help to survive. Can't keep paying commercial rents if you aren't open.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That's an amazing video! One of my all-time favourite TV actors talking about one of my all-time favourite musicians. Also damn cool to have a drumstick from the planet's greatest drummer.

I have two stories: I was at the invitation-only 'official' Synchronicity video, filmed in Montreal in 1983 just after the record came out. The recorded concert was held in a small venue with no seats, just 400 of us standing and jumping to The Police performing for two hours. I ended up about 20 feet from the stage. You can see me in a couple of audience shots. The Police performed the next night at the Olympic Stadium -- I'd bought tickets to that and saw them perform the same set again, this time in front of about 45,000.

And then in November 2017 I was part of the Tower Of Song concert at the Bell Centre. It was a tribute to Leonard Cohen, featuring Elvis Costello, Sting, and a lot of top acts. I had two days hanging out backstage with most of the performers and watching them rehearse. Two people I had complete conversations with were Elvis Costello (great guy!) and Feist (Canadian singer - she's adorable). Sting and I probably passed each other 30 times, but I never had the balls to start up a conversation and he didn't mingle with anyone. But by the time of the concert we were on mutual smiling terms.
Super cool. I've seen that video, it was at the Spectrum right?

Good thing we didn't have to worry about coronavirus back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad