OT: Covid-19 (Part 16) Don't Stand So Close To Me edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Tone has radically changed. I mean, this is like in the beginning for sure.

They're moving people away from certain hospitals for certain designated hotels and hotspots.

Reactions: llamateizer

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Solid presser so far by Legault.

Covid parties? What are those?
Ever heard of chickenpox parties, where parents bring their kids to a house where there is an infected child, so they can get infected once and for all?

Some people want to do the same with COVID-19, problem is that there is no proof that getting it will provide you with lifetime immunity compared to chickenpox.

Not sure how those are relevant anymore with a vaccine available at a very young age.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
lol
we could inject heat and humidity into patients.
It's so fun breathing with those conditions

And its a lot less fun breathing when your dead.

I think a little discomfort is better than people dying.

27339518-8231473-.jpg

Its recommended if you are going to clean an area to turn up the heat and humidity. With the clusterf*** that is going on in these CHLSD's maybe they need to look outside the box.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
that is what they always said - it was conditional. posters here were driving themselves crazy for no reason.

I can't speak for other posters but what's the alternative? An announcement was made that there is an intention to open up on X date so everyone has to assume that we are opening up and start preparing. Do you know how many things have to happen in order to open up schools? The number of logistical nightmares that we teachers are going through? The alternative would be to wait until it's closer and then if it does open up, you're caught even more with your pants down than we already are.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Solid presser so far by Legault.

Ever heard of chicken pox parties, where parents bring their kids to a house where there is an infected child, so they can get infected once and for all?

Some people want to do the same with COVID-19, problem is that there is no proof that getting it will provide you with lifetime immunity compared to chicken pox.
Eeesh, never heard of that. That's sick IMHO.

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
And its a lot less fun breathing when your dead.

I think a little discomfort is better than people dying.

View attachment 344349

Its recommended if you are going to clean an area to turn up the heat and humidity. With the clusterf*** that is going on in these CHLSD's maybe they need to look outside the box.

if it's in your lung, the humidity won't change anything.
Same thing if a nurse is infected and is treating someone.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
I also don't think Montreal is such in bad shape but we need some leadership and Plante has shown nothing so far.

For the level of in action that Plante took we aren't in that bad shape. We could of been a lot better off though if dumb as a plant Plante got off her hippie ass. CSL mayor wanted to shut his city down 2 days after the wedding but he was to "rogue" for Plante. But at least we have BIXI bikes!

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
if it's in your lung, the humidity won't change anything.
Same thing if a nurse is infected and is treating someone.

I am not suggesting it as a cure, but as a way to lessen the transmissions in these homes. If there is less virus on surfaces and in the air then it lowers the chance of all these people getting infected. Think of it as just another layer of PPE.

It would also probably be wise to if possible to have them be outside during the day time since sunlight also kills the virus very quickly. Clearly trapping people in these homes is doing them no favors and is probably rapidly increasing the spread as seen by how infected they are. And yes there are sick people who cannot go outside/hooked up to machines/etc.... so its not a one size fits all solution. But these dummies seem to have no solution except beg and cry for people to go work in these places and then have the feds send the army. And CHLDS residents are still dying and workers are still abondoning their posts.

Reactions: llamateizer

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It's all about staying in good shape. I was at my friend's cottage once and her mom came down to go swimming, was in a bikini. She is obviously older but she was honestly still pretty smoking, I was really taken aback. Then I find out later she is in her early 80s. Early 80s!!! I thought early 60s at most, honestly. I will admit, she has likely had a good amount of work done though.
There is nothing I appreciate more than an older lady that has taken care of herself, her attitude,her way, I really like it. Her conversation is cool and yes it's obvious that she does not possess the physical attributes of her youth but I don't know man, I just find it sexy as well.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Alright, show's over. That was a good one. Anxious to see the testing campaign that will start next week.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Valerie Plante better listen and not give her usual hippie answers.

We need to increase measures in Montreal, not the other way around.

Can Legault override her for these decisions? She is not interested in addressing this situation, it is clear, and she has failed badly in her approach.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
We should at least be going to June 1st in Montreal.

Rest of Quebec actually looks kinda decent. But our target date needs to be and the end of May.

We have some good news with Resdemisvir. I have a feeling that there is going to be a testing breakthrough in the next week or two.

By June we could be looking at a situation where there is more data, better testing, and theraputics. No need to rush.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

Can Legault override her for these decisions? She is not interested in addressing this situation, it is clear, and she has failed badly in her approach.
Legault keeps repeating over and over it happens mostly in CHSLDs... so it's on HIM, he and McCann are the big boss when it comes to healthcare.

Not saying she's doing well, but...

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Ten years later is when you start appreciating the merits of becoming Shallow Hal. :D

That, or you start appreciating the beauty and marvelous bounty that is a Venus of Willendorf figure as you get older.

It's only at that point in a man's life where you can differentiate true gentlemen from the ''fake riff-raff''. And let me tell you, true gentlemen are extremely few and far between when you come right down to it.

These fakes, ''gredins'' as I like to affectionately call them, will keep chasing that young tail, enduring all adversity for young, nubile women (or men), until eventually they become known as craddle robbers and old perverts. I'm sure you can think of a few whom you know, if you're not one yourself.

Most often, after their craddle-robbing days their love relationships start to turn murky, they get dumped by the young lover and stop being popular, what with being 70+ years old and so wrinkly not even getting ironed out would straighten everything.

Then they turn back to sensibly-aged partners to assuage their needs and unwillingness to be alone, the same ones they'd left behind earlier and disdained for their age. Through either love or plain magnanimity, the older lovers those ''gredins'' turn to in the end usually do not deride them for being the booty-driven fools that they are and actually take them back, probably out of a similar need to not end their days alone.

The true, romance-tested gentlemen on the other hand learn to love and revel in the additional roundness of their wives (or their husbands, gentlemanliness is not only for straight people, someone born a woman or intersex but wanting to live their life as a man could be a better gentleman than any of us), their wrinkles and the beautiful time spent together. They see their companion as they once were as much as how they currently look. Even though they could easily enough ingratiate themselves to fresher folk, and enjoy a life of debauchery ala waffledave, they remain steadfast until eventually they die.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

that means she’s opening everything on the 19th if we like it or not.

because Legault needs Montréal as much as he hates to admit it

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Legault keeps repeating over and over it happens mostly in CHSLDs... so it's on HIM, he and McCann are the big boss when it comes to healthcare.

Not saying she's doing well, but...

Well, Dr. Drouin is saying that only 40% of the cases in Montreal come from CHSLDs and healthcare workers.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Look man, I have empathy. I get this is not easy. My dad closed his business he has been running since 1980, 95% likely he will never be able to reopen and will just try to sell off his inventory to not lose everything. My mom has had been with the same company since she came here from Portugal in 1970, literally has been there for 50 years, and she was laid off and is unlikely to return, shutdown or not.

Many people in my family lost their jobs, at least half worked for my dad's place and they will are all in their mid to late 50's... It's going to be tough as hell for them to find another job so close to retirement age after working for decades at one place. I have a bunch of osteos/physios in my family too, they can't work either. Many of my friends got laid off or work in businesses that can't run.

But at a certain point you need to consider the public health as the number 1 priority because, if people are sick they can't work and they won't buy anything. The government needs to find solutions for these people, our safety nets are letting too many slip through the cracks. Other countries have put in mortgage/rent freezes, and this is still something we haven't done here. We're giving them loans. There is a lot that can be done to help people before we should consider sacrificing everything we've done so far to protect our safety.

And reopening or not, restaurants and clubs are not coming back the same way for a long, long time. Some businesses will not recover unless they can adapt in a major way.

If anyone is completely desperate there are options too. Legault is on TV begging for people to come work in CHSLDs. Yeah, it's risky, but so is working in a store in the middle of a pandemic with tons of people circulating through.

People losing their life savings can lead to major health issues too, mental and physical.

Reactions: lo striver
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad