OT: CoVid-19 part 10: Quarantining on edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I'm not a health worker, but wearing masks makes sense to me.

Wearing rubber gloves does not. I see a bunch of people, especially older people at grocery stores, with disposable gloves on. What is that supposed to accomplish exactly? Just wash your hands more regularly...

If you just use the gloves for that particular visit to the grocery store and when you come out you pull out an antiseptic wipe and wipe down the gloves and the groceries. Then you toss the gloves?

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
A local police force reported a 25% decrease in drunk driving and a 22% increase in domestic violence. My guess is the same scumbags just had to alter their habits like the rest of us.

One thing I haven noticed here in Oregon is that a lot of people seem to think there are no speed limits any longer. On my way to the park where I go with my dog it is 25 m/h and many cars drive at least 35 maybe more and on the larger streets between 45-50 I was overtaken while driving 35 and it was not just a car that drove a little bit faster, he flew by.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
Becoming unemployed and stressed out has prompted me to grow a beard. I'm calling it my Pandemic Playoff Beard- going to shave it all off when this shit's over. Gives me something to look forward to. :)

I was supposed to have a haircut on February the 28th but he had a cold so we postponed it 2 weeks and then we postponed it again since he said someone he cut the hair for had a cold, his last name is Italian (Di Rosso) so we thought there were enough bad omens to postpone it but this time we did not set a new date. I did not shave until last week and I looked like a mountain man plus my beard is grey so off it went, then I trimmed my hair a little bit.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
I just thought of 2 people that I haven't seen posts from, Zorba the angry Greek and he's in B.C, I have not seen a single post from him since the thread started so maybe he's laying low. Then Frank Drebin, I mean he posted until fairly recently but I haven't seen anything for a while now. Didn't he have a cold as well? I hope they are both well.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
I was supposed to have a haircut on February the 28th but he had a cold so we postponed it 2 weeks and then we postponed it again since he said someone he cut the hair for had a cold, his last name is Italian (Di Rosso) so we thought there were enough bad omens to postpone it but this time we did not set a new date. I did not shave until last week and I looked like a mountain man plus my beard is grey so off it went, then I trimmed my hair a little bit.

Same here, no haircut either, starting to look like Grizzly Adams
images
:laugh:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Sad if that would happen but if that’s what it takes to keep everyone safe, then I can live without a lobster season.
I was talking to a good friend of mine who is no longer involved in the industry but still very well connected via family members still owning boats and the word is that there won't be a lobster season. The snow crab season has already been delayed as well, the economic impact of both fisheries being canceled will be a big blow to many rural economies throughout Atlantic Canada.

Reactions: Runner77

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If you tell a fundamentalist religious person here that you are an atheist, you'll be lower than child molesters in their eyes.
I was raised in a fundamentalist religious environment and I would have preferred Atheism, the amount of brainwashing and control exercised upon it's followers is mind-blowing, I escaped it by age 18 and I have no desire to go back. I am not surprised by the actions of the televangelists in the US, it's par for the course but then again, all religious organizations are basically the same. They are all built upon control and the almighty dollar.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I just thought of 2 people that I haven't seen posts from, Zorba the angry Greek and he's in B.C, I have not seen a single post from him since the thread started so maybe he's laying low. Then Frank Drebin, I mean he posted until fairly recently but I haven't seen anything for a while now. Didn't he have a cold as well? I hope they are both well.
Habs10Habs is nowhere to be found as well.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I looked at today's graph and, frankly, the only positive is the amount of under investigation and investigated is going down. ... Which is not a necessarily a positive :(

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
I looked at today's graph and, frankly, the only positive is the amount of under investigation and investigated is going down. ... Which is not a necessarily a positive :(

Honestly, Quebec is doing great. The wave is hitting us, it's gonna hurt, but we'll raise better here.

We aren't that far from Germany and they are doing very very good. Tuesday's presentation of the projection is going to be really interesting

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Hoarding should be done little by little, not after a crisis already started.

Hoarding should also be done consistently, so you eat your oldest food regularly in order to rotate your stock and always have X or Y months of food.

Not rocket science, but reading some people here it seems this is as hard to understand as nuclear physics.
when is the last time you NEEDED that much food for a global crisis of some kind?? when is the last time someone you know NEEDED that much food (for the same global reasons) ?? in wich century was it NEEDED for the last time in your area ??

my guess : never

as for when will it happen in the future, wanna guess my awnser ???

Reactions: angusyoung

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Can't shake the feeling that today was just a total distraction while the boat is sinking. Hope I'm wrong. They focussed on hope, on the future. It seemed all too convenient.

I'm OK with bringing positivity though. Just the timing was weird. Something felt off. Too easy too happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad