OT: CoVid-19 part 10: Quarantining on edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Unless the test numbers are BS we are trending down as far as % increase goes. Remembe this is flatenning the curve not eliminating the curve. There was going to be pain, just the plan is to spread it out further so as to not have a gigantic peak.

I do feel we are lagging behind the rest of Canada. Alberta and BC are doing a better job. I don't believe Ontario's numbers but it makes Ford and Trudeau look good.

If things continue on the path we have been on for the last week then the next 2-4 weeks are going to be very tough and very sad. But once we get over that we will have the light at the end of the tunnel.

But we are going to have to be extra vigilant these next 2-4 weeks. This is the key time now.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Unless the test numbers are BS we are trending down as far as % increase goes. Remembe this is flatenning the curve not eliminating the curve. There was going to be pain, just the plan is to spread it out further so as to not have a gigantic peak.

I do feel we are lagging behind the rest of Canada. Alberta and BC are doing a better job. I don't believe Ontario's numbers but it makes Ford and Trudeau look good.

If things continue on the path we have been on for the last week then the next 2-4 weeks are going to be very tough and very sad. But once we get over that we will have the light at the end of the tunnel.

But we are going to have to be extra vigilant these next 2-4 weeks. This is the key time now.

Per Sjoblom

Jan 3, 2018
So I bought the Gopro Hero 8 fairly cheap, they give you 100 off if you send in a digital camera, it doesn't even have to work. They will mail it to me when they get the camera I am sending them. I have 2 alternatives, a Gopro Hero 5 session which is a very small camera like a square egg and an Olympus that you can use underwater as well. Anyway they sent the label and I need to get it printed and then send it. Does anyone know if you can go to a UPS store and they print it off the email or do I have to find a printer first and do it myself (I would normally use the printer at work)?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Honestly, Quebec is doing great. The wave is hitting us, it's gonna hurt, but we'll raise better here.

We aren't that far from Germany and they are doing very very good. Tuesday's presentation of the projection is going to be really interesting

In terms of deaths, ICU% and all, I must admit we're doing pretty well.

The new positives from today came from tests made 2 or 3 days ago, right?

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I just got a phone call from one of my superior letting me know that our work is afflicted with its first casualty.
Sad news.

Last edited:

ProMath

Dec 13, 2010
We have a rolling backlog that is half what is was last week. From what people have been reporting, some test take up to 5 days, other test 24h.

2 weeks ago it could take less 24 hours.

My son was tested somewhere around 19h-20h...we had the result the next afternoon around 13h30.

I’m guessing they can go much faster now. They obviously prioritize some cases over other...

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
2 weeks ago it could take less 24 hours.

My son was tested somewhere around 19h-20h...we had the result the next afternoon around 13h30.

I’m guessing they can go much faster now. They obviously prioritize some cases over other...
I doubt they are going faster, maybe more have access to the 24hr test.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Do we really not have access to tests that are faster than that?

Even if it's 24h, it would have to be done by a specific hour in order to "fall" in the 13:00 presser.

I mean, if someone tests a Noon on Apr. 6th, and a result is available on Apr 7th, pretty sure that person will be counted in the Apr. 8 presser.

That's what I meant by "2 or 3 days ago".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad