OT: COVID-19 Megathread IV (NO POLITICS)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Is this your reminder to some of us that we are all old now?
Time gets away from us. I see your "kid" posts on FB and they are not little anymore, either! I remember giving your youngest a baby gift, probably 16 years ago now.

I'm not old, THEY are getting old.

Looking in mirror. Okay, yes. Maybe a little old.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Time gets away from us. I see your "kid" posts on FB and they are not little anymore, either! I remember giving your youngest a baby gift, probably 16 years ago now.

I'm not old, THEY are getting old.

Looking in mirror. Okay, yes. Maybe a little old.
Oh shit that's right, I remember that now. For the record, he's 17 now.

Reactions: Adz

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Heard on the radio that LA County just had its highest single day of Covid deaths since March of 2021. :(

San Bernardino County has shut down a lot of its offices/sites (e.g. libraries) for the next two weeks.

Feels like we're never going to escape this. Seems like only a matter of time til the next variant that will inevitably ignore prior infection status or vaccination, etc... and we're further in the shit again.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Went to a plumbing supplier this morning to pick up an order, staff is usually 6 - 7 I think. Only 2 people left standing, all others out with Covid. It started last week with the wife of one of them. An anti vaxer. The one counter guy up front was not wearing a mask ..... Vendor came in maskless. I was N 95'd and got the hell out in short order and Purelled as soon as was back in car. I live near the shallow end of the gene pool.

Reactions: LCPreds

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
We had not done so before, but since Omicron we have only used KN95 masks when going out shopping or whatever. Having that on makes me feel like I really dont have to worry about the dumbass choices others have made.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well I tested positive. Started feeling it Thursday evening but smacked me pretty good over the weekend. Didn't start having anything nasal related til yesterday. Basically feels like having the flu.

Wife has to drive to McMinnville from Shelbyville to get my meds for it because it's out here. Hopefully it works well enough to be worth that drive.

Dunno where I got it pretty much had to be work or a brief moment in a gas station. I haven't really been anywhere else.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Well I tested positive. Started feeling it Thursday evening but smacked me pretty good over the weekend. Didn't start having anything nasal related til yesterday. Basically feels like having the flu.

Wife has to drive to McMinnville from Shelbyville to get my meds for it because it's out here. Hopefully it works well enough to be worth that drive.

Dunno where I got it pretty much had to be work or a brief moment in a gas station. I haven't really been anywhere else.
Hope you get completely recovered quickly.

Reactions: LCPreds

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
Thanks. It's kind of at that stage of being more annoying than anything. Just really tired and achy but it seems the fever has finally backed off so hopefully on the uphill side. Got my Molnupiravir so hopefully that helps too.
Glad to hear it! Rest up!

Reactions: Armourboy

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
We have ours, plus my employer gave us two. Touch wood havent had a need to use them yet

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I signed up for the tests right after they were made available but haven't gotten them.

Armour, hope you feel better soon. Our company VP is out with covid. He said his nasal passages felt like fire. Mr Adz was different--his was more dizziness and temp spikes. May be different strains.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad