Value of: Could Toronto acquire one of the following dman?

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
I have a feeling Toronto will acquire a big name dman before the season starts. It would make sense as we are obviously making an attempt (as it clearly shows by our recent FA signings) to make a run at the cup within these next 2 years (before the big 2 contracts are due up) and beyond.
Signings? One overpriced 37 year old who feasted off Thornton. from What i hear from you fans is babs is in love with the no name on the 1st line. And not sure if both Willie and Patrick play the same side. If one end up on the second line with Bozak or whoever you use as your 2nd line centre get ready for A huge drop. Jumbo joe>Bozack Austin>Bozack Leafs screwed the pooch on this one Should have kept jvr for one more year. All your doing now is diminishing your return at the TDl or risk losing him for nothing. And if the Leafs are in the hunt I doubt JVr goes anywhere.

To Answer your Question Tanev for 2018 first and 2nd. same deal as Hamonic. Actually, Tanev is way better than that overrated wuss Either Add A prospect or another 2nd. you guys have to this draft no?

JonnyCanuck604

Oct 28, 2016
I'd be willing to talk about marner+for hamilton
Ha I hate the leafs but holy crap why not throw in Austin and a couple of first while you're at it. Dougie is overrated. Watch this year and you will see. You typical Flames bum. Love the Hamonic deal btw too bad your top 9 is A mess and Bennet looks like the bust of the draft so far. And JH has been declining every year. So what do you do? add mike smith And Hamonic while giving away picks yopu need since you literally have crap in the prospects pool. Btw thanks for SDven and Granny. Did Shink even Score A goal for you guys Sven had 17 in 67 and granny had 19 in 69. both more than any flame but Monohan. sad so sad.

the best part is you have zero cap space. and only 13 players signed with 9 mill in space with Backland still to sign. Wow, the flames are gonna be brutal this year.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Signings? One overpriced 37 year old who feasted off Thornton. from What i hear from you fans is babs is in love with the no name on the 1st line. And not sure if both Willie and Patrick play the same side. If one end up on the second line with Bozak or whoever you use as your 2nd line centre get ready for A huge drop. Jumbo joe>Bozack Austin>Bozack Leafs screwed the pooch on this one Should have kept jvr for one more year. All your doing now is diminishing your return at the TDl or risk losing him for nothing. And if the Leafs are in the hunt I doubt JVr goes anywhere.

To Answer your Question Tanev for 2018 first and 2nd. same deal as Hamonic. Actually, Tanev is way better than that overrated wuss Either Add A prospect or another 2nd. you guys have to this draft no?

We traded JVR?? What did we get in return??

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I was only responding to the matthews comment. I'm not saying what the value is for trouba but anyone with a brain knows it wouldn't take Matthews to get Jacob ******* Trouba

He didn't claim they were equal value, in a round about way he stated nothing else would land you Trouba and he's right (at least without the Leafs adding).

Marner? Nope

Nylander?Nope (mildly interesting if he can prove to be a good C in the nhl but as a winger nope)

Kadri? GTFO, like him but not even close

Gardiner? Nope due to age, contract status and poor fit

Rielly? Nope, very bad year and never been able to take that next step and poor fit

So you certainly can argue Trouba doesn't get Matthews value wise, but the Jets would argue (like the poster you quoted) nothing else the Leafs could offer would get Trouba (at least straight up). As i stated before the Leafs need to target lower end guys that might be 3/4 guys.....not top end guys like Trouba.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Lol- Dougie only had a handful less points than Marner last year, and was 8th in Norris voting... yet it's ridiculous to ask a lot for him. Ok leafs fans! No worries, you're not getting the defenseman you want for your second rate spare parts lol

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lol- Dougie only had a handful less points than Marner last year, and was 8th in Norris voting... yet it's ridiculous to ask a lot for him. Ok leafs fans! No worries, you're not getting the defenseman you want for your second rate spare parts lol

Okay, thanks!:thumbu:

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
He didn't claim they were equal value, in a round about way he stated nothing else would land you Trouba and he's right (at least without the Leafs adding).

Marner? Nope

Nylander?Nope (mildly interesting if he can prove to be a good C in the nhl but as a winger nope)

Kadri? GTFO, like him but not even close

Gardiner? Nope due to age, contract status and poor fit

Rielly? Nope, very bad year and never been able to take that next step and poor fit

So you certainly can argue Trouba doesn't get Matthews value wise, but the Jets would argue (like the poster you quoted) nothing else the Leafs could offer would get Trouba (at least straight up). As i stated before the Leafs need to target lower end guys that might be 3/4 guys.....not top end guys like Trouba.

Ok so if toronto offered nylander and Rielly jets say no. If they offered marner and Gardiner jets say no. Lmfao. Only matthews right. Give me a break. Now don't get me wrong the leafs would never offer that either for a 2D but the matthews or bust comments are just plain stupid

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Ha I hate the leafs but holy crap why not throw in Austin and a couple of first while you're at it. Dougie is overrated. Watch this year and you will see. You typical Flames bum. Love the Hamonic deal btw too bad your top 9 is A mess and Bennet looks like the bust of the draft so far. And JH has been declining every year. So what do you do? add mike smith And Hamonic while giving away picks yopu need since you literally have crap in the prospects pool. Btw thanks for SDven and Granny. Did Shink even Score A goal for you guys Sven had 17 in 67 and granny had 19 in 69. both more than any flame but Monohan. sad so sad.

the best part is you have zero cap space. and only 13 players signed with 9 mill in space with Backland still to sign. Wow, the flames are gonna be brutal this year.

Don't even know where to start with this one. Lots of errors though!

If sven and granny are in your top 6 (what it takes for them to get that many goals), you'll finish out of the playoffs (as evidenced by the nucks). They weren't good enough for our top 6, so there you have it.

Dougie was 8th in Norris voting last year. He's also 24. So, no we're not trading him for less than Marner+ or, sure, matthews. Obviously Toronto wouldn't do Matthews, but because of Nylander's success maybe they think that marner could be expendable. Hence the offer.

You have the linguistic abilities of Donald Trump and somehow less intelligence.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

Don't you find weird how the Leafs haven't been able to fill/fix the huge issue on D they've had for so long? I mean according to some of their posters they have all these great spare parts & misc pieces that apparently could/should easily land a top pairing D or even a 2nd pairing D (without having to give up any of the big three)...yet year after year they can't fix it by acquiring anyone. Weird, I guess all the other nhl GM's are wrong like all us non leaf fans and we overvalue our D too much.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Don't you find weird how the Leafs haven't been able to fill/fix the huge issue on D they've had for so long? I mean according to some of their posters they have all these great spare parts & misc pieces that apparently could/should easily land a top pairing D or even a 2nd pairing D (without having to give up any of the big three)...yet year after year they can't fix it by acquiring anyone. Weird, I guess all the other nhl GM's are wrong like all us non leaf fans and we overvalue our D too much.

:naughty: There must be a conspiracy to keep the leafs down across the league! Call the press!

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Ok so if toronto offered nylander and Rielly jets say no. If they offered marner and Gardiner jets say no. Lmfao. Only matthews right. Give me a break. Now don't get me wrong the leafs would never offer that either for a 2D but the matthews or bust comments are just plain stupid

Too bad you didn't actually read my post. I stated outside Matthews the Leafs have nothing they could offer to get Trouba straight up. You miss this comment?

Statement stands, what could the Leafs offer outside of Matthews, straight up that would get Trouba? Nothing

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Too bad you didn't actually read my post. I stated outside Matthews the Leafs have nothing they could offer to get Trouba straight up. You miss this comment?

Statement stands, what could the Leafs offer outside of Matthews, straight up that would get Trouba? Nothing

To bad you didn't read my post about offers not including matthews as a hypothetical :laugh: Forget straight up offers for a minute here.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
:naughty: There must be a conspiracy to keep the leafs down across the league! Call the press!

Didn't you hear? The rest of the fan bases hate the Leafs and under value their players. Heck even the refs apparently hate the Leafs if you read those playoff GDT

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Didn't you hear? The rest of the fan bases hate the Leafs and under value their players. Heck even the refs apparently hate the Leafs if you read those playoff GDT

Not true on the refs but very true on player value on hf boards

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Gee....you must be right, you know how you can drive your point home? Go find a trade in which any team traded one of the following after their rookie season:

40 goal 69 point center
19 goal 61 point winger
22 goal 61 point winger

Now again, the criteria is that these are all ELC players (2 in their 1st year). So that negates the Hall for Larsson deal as Hall has a 6 million per year contract.

Here's a fact, if any of you non-Leafs fans had Marner/Nylander/Matthews on the teams you followed, they would be just as untouchable...or is Laine available?

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
To bad you didn't read my post about offers not including matthews as a hypothetical :laugh: Forget straight up offers for a minute here.

You moved the posts. I clearly stated "straight up", if you want to make a serious offer then post one. Sorry I didn't take your post as serious offers, I saw it as you trying to be sarcastic.

Make an offer then, all we hear though is all three of the three are untouchable.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
You moved the posts. I clearly stated "straight up", if you want to make a serious offer then post one. Sorry I didn't take your post as serious offers, I saw it as you trying to be sarcastic.

Make an offer then, all we hear though is all three of the three are untouchable.

Why does a trade have to be straight up.

embracedbias

Jan 11, 2009
Waterloo

Marner's rookie season was similar to Gaudreau's... except Marner was a rookie 2 years after being drafted and Gaudreau's was 4 years after being drafted.

Would you trade Hamilton for Gaudreau from 2 years ago?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Gee....you must be right, you know how you can drive your point home? Go find a trade in which any team traded one of the following after their rookie season:

40 goal 69 point center
19 goal 61 point winger
22 goal 61 point winger

Now again, the criteria is that these are all ELC players (2 in their 1st year). So that negates the Hall for Larsson deal as Hall has a 6 million per year contract.

Here's a fact, if any of you non-Leafs fans had Marner/Nylander/Matthews on the teams you followed, they would be just as untouchable...or is Laine available?

Easy:

Tyler Seguin
81 29 38 67

48 16 16 32 (Lockout)

Then traded to Dallas.

Here's another one that Leafs fans should be familiar with (guess the player from the stat line!)

70 36 24 60

Then traded to the leafs

Neither are directly following the rookie season (however, in both cases it was their d+2 year like marner) but both were on ELCs and produced at a high clip. It's Kessel by the way.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Not true on the refs but very true on player value on hf boards

You realize we all can and many did read many leaf posters claiming the refs had it in for them. Go read any single game thread

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Marner's rookie season was similar to Gaudreau's... except Marner was a rookie 2 years after being drafted and Gaudreau's was 4 years after being drafted.

Would you trade Hamilton for Gaudreau from 2 years ago?

If we had a matthews and a nylander (and kapanen) and no good rhd I'd probably consider it

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Easy:

Tyler Seguin
81 29 38 67

48 16 16 32 (Lockout)

Then traded to Dallas.

Here's another one that Leafs fans should be familiar with (guess the player from the stat line!)

70 36 24 60

Then traded to the leafs

Let me know when Matthews/Marner/Nylander either A: Are willing to sign an offer sheet ala Kessel, or B: Party their way off the team ala Seguin. And by the way, that Seguin trade shows exactly why the Leafs should never make a deal like that.

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
Let me know when Matthews/Marner/Nylander either A: Are willing to sign an offer sheet ala Kessel, or B: Party their way off the team ala Seguin. And by the way, that Seguin trade shows exactly why the Leafs should never make a deal like that.

You could argue the exact opposite for the kessel trade, worked out great for the bruins (or it would have if they didn't just waste Hamilton and Seguin in other trades hahah)

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
You could argue the exact opposite for the kessel trade, worked out great for the bruins (or it would have if they didn't just waste Hamilton and Seguin in other trades hahah)

Sure, but would they have traded Kessel if he was willing to sign there and not accepth the offer sheet?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad