Waived: Cory Conacher, Joe Corvo

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
They are in a fight for a playoff spot do you go with Conacher or Kassian they two choices Why would you pull him if a team asked ? They would rather he cleared and plays in Binghamton I don't think they would be in a charitable mode to pull him because some team asked.

Apparently it's a rule that if a team puts in a claim they can ask that the player be pulled from the game so it's not a favour.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Well, if Dean Brown is to believed, Conacher playing last night was a good sign. That would mean no team requested him to be pulled because they intended to make a claim. Now, even if that it true, that wouldn't mean he won't get claimed, but a good sign nonetheless.

I hope we keep him, I still think he can be a useful player.

That is not a good sign. I see what you're saying, but look at it from the other perspective.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Not sure where this comes from, but Kassian isn't going to be a regular regardless of what happens with Conacher.

NHL players face competition for their spot every day, there is no need to create it.
Instead of risking losing Conacher we could simply bench him. There's no need for Kassian.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
That would be the biggest kick in the nuts

If they wanted him so badly, why not claim him immediately? Why risk him getting injured in last night's game?

They're just kicking tires on him like others are. For some reason, I see him passing waivers as he's a free agent this summer and his numbers aren't great this season.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
If they wanted him so badly, why not claim him immediately? Why risk him getting injured in last night's game?

They're just kicking tires on him like others are. For some reason, I see him passing waivers as he's a free agent this summer and his numbers aren't great this season.

I'm pretty sure you can't just claim someone as quickly as you want. You need to wait for papers to go through

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
I'm pretty sure you can't just claim someone as quickly as you want. You need to wait for papers to go through

Until noon the next day the team he plays for can decide to sit him or play him. Waiver claims are not official until noon at which point the player becomes the property of the new team.

So even if Buffalo put in a claim, Ottawa could have still played him last night.

That said, it is risky for Ottawa to play him because if he gets injured he can no longer be sent down and the waiver becomes void (IIRC)

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Conacher leaving is unfortunate as they got nothing in return, not even a pick. On the other hand, it does open up a spot on the roster for a forward. I have liked the play of Hoffman, Da Costa and Stone, all of whom are very close to being NHL players.

It is simply clearing a log jam, but getting nothing in return for developing NHL talent.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
Said Vezina goalie is starting to fall apart down the stretch. Bishop has looked human for awhile now. We lost the trade but don't make Bishop into something he isn't yet. We've seen plenty of one year wonder goalies. Dubnyk, Jim Carey, Theodore, etc.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Said Vezina goalie is starting to fall apart down the stretch. Bishop has looked human for awhile now. We lost the trade but don't make Bishop into something he isn't yet. We've seen plenty of one year wonder goalies. Dubnyk, Jim Carey, Theodore, etc.

We still helped a team that we're competing with. It still makes no sense to me why we waved him. I could name 5 players on our roster who should be moved before him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I mean, we could have gotten Ryan Jones guys!!!!

The over-reaction to something as minor as this is laughable. Conacher is a fringe NHLer, who never found his stride here.

I am glad we made the trade for him, we need to go for some home-runs rather than safe trades. This home-run never worked out, that's the way she goes'

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I mean, we could have gotten Ryan Jones guys!!!!

The over-reaction to something as minor as this is laughable. Conacher is a fringe NHLer, who never found his stride here.

I am glad we made the trade for him, we need to go for some home-runs rather than safe trades. This home-run never worked out, that's the way she goes'

Exactly.

And no one could have predicted Bishop would play as well as he has.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Let's be real here.

We gave away a 4G scoring 5'7 winger with very little impact on the game offensively and defensively.

Hardly much of a loss. The only thing that kept Conacher in the NHL for this long was the fact he was traded for Bishop.

So Murray gave a Vezina-calibre goalie to a divisional rival with nothing to show for it.

Fantastic.

This was the case even with Conacher on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad