Waived: Cory Conacher, Joe Corvo

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Conacher/Corvo

Figured a new thread was worthy. Odd move to put Conacher on waivers. I'm guessing they're clearing room for someone. Only way to explain this move. Even then. Not even a third round pick for the kid? Nothing?

Scrub*

Team Canada
Dec 28, 2008
Don't mind these moves, obviously we lost the Bishop trade but right now Conacher not helping much.

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
Weird that they would do this at this time.....Wonder if they are trying to clear up roster space?

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Murray was never going to get much for Bishop anyways. Everyone knew the Sens had to let him go in the offseason.

Anyways Conacher being waived probably means either Prince is being called up, or that they're about to trade a bunch of prospects for a LW.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
That will go down as one of the worst trades in Sens history. Gave Bishop away. BM better make up for that screw up. Trade away a star goalie for a guy who is 120 lbs.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
Why bother waiving Conacher? What exactly is the point?

I'm pretty sure the point is to send him to Binghamton.

Either way, the team plans on calling someone up to take his spot or completing a trade for a forward.

It sucks that Murray lost the Bishop trade, but as a GM, you can't keep someone around that doesn't fit (his opinion) just to justify a trade you made.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
If a top six forward isn't coming here today with term, I'm going to be even more mad.

I would've waived Condra, Greening, or even Milan ****ing Michalek considering contract before Cony.

KAPOW

has no rispeck
Nov 12, 2008
at home
not surprised. conacher was only good early last season in tampa and already slowed down before we aquired him. never really fit a scoring role.

hoffmann will most likely be better anyway.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
Pens fan here, we just waived freaking Chuck Kobasew. I don't know how Craig Adams is on an NHL roster and Conacher isn't. I mean... I haven't watched many Sens games but this seems weird to me. Do you guys think he'll get picked up by another team?

Yourkeyparka

Oct 15, 2010
This is a gift for Tim Murray - Buffalo has a good chance of claiming him for nothing. Tim wioll return the favour and give us a great deal on Stewart. You heard it here first.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Does Buffalo have the first claim? Maybe something shady is going on here with the Murray's....maybe a hint hint wink wink thing as an extra asset in a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad