OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Abbotsfield-3 cases. I'm trying to wrap my head around that. Socioeconomically we know that such areas are harder hit, and its not hit. This made sense during first waves because not many people would be travelling internationally in that region. But its hard to understand why the area has been one of the least impacted neighborhoods in Edmonton throughout the pandemic.
Nobody getting tested in that neighborhood?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
An it's so dissapointing looking at Vaccine rollout charts. USA is at around 16% or the population with one dose, Canada not even at f***ing 3%.

At this rate Covid24 will be around before we get even half the population with one dose lol.

I know more doses will start coming but it's embarassing

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Low intensity stuff only like yoga, light cardio (walking on treadmill basically) and light weight lifting. Basically anything which doesn't cause heavy perspiration and respiration.

So what most people already do in their basement or garage! Seems a bit myopic except at least those business's can get stuff ramped up and people back to work/exercise. I'll assume a gym has a lot more workout equipment than an average person has as well. I'm not a gym rat so this is a very outside perspective.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
An it's so dissapointing looking at Vaccine rollout charts. USA is at around 16% or the population with one dose, Canada not even at f***ing 3%.

At this rate Covid24 will be around before we get even half the population with one dose lol.

I know more doses will start coming but it's embarassing

We're the lowest in the state with 10% and IMO we are shitting the bed here.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
So what most people already do in their basement or garage! Seems a bit myopic except at least those business's can get stuff ramped up and people back to work/exercise. I'll assume a gym has a lot more workout equipment than an average person has as well. I'm not a gym rat so this is a very outside perspective.

At least it gets the gyms open and people in them, hopefully moving to the next step in 3 weeks.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta

I've been pretty much stuck inside because I barely get outside due to my liver problem and the old folks hiding themselves. Plus one of my gastrointestinal doctors has prescribed it.

Reactions: bellagiobob

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Covid: Germany and France under pressure to shift Oxford vaccine

... on closer inspection, AstraZeneca scepticism appears to be a local phenomenon restricted to specific regions, with logistical problems likely to play a much bigger part.

In Germany’s second largest city, Hamburg, authorities said they had experienced barely any reluctance among those who were offered the Oxford jab, but conceded that the decision to clear the vaccine only for those under 65 had created “not inconsiderable logistical problems”.

They are supposed to be vaccination mostly people at a certain age, which AZ is not approved for yet. That seems to be the bigger problem right now.

Denmark has offered to take, or even pay for, any left over doses from other countries. Good on them!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

If you didn't know, she gave a million $$$'s to vaccine development last year, but refused to be vaccinated in January because she didn't feel it was right to get the vaccine early due to her contribution.

Gotta love Dolly!

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Not Alberta related but I guess they are removing the mask mandate in Texas. I guess they will be a case study of no masks vs. masks in North America.
I saw that last night on the news and couldn't believe it. I didn't know whether to be jealous of those people , or fearful for them.

Also, opening up their restaurants to full capacity.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I honestly don't see what the big deal is. If you can't give it to Seniors then start looking at the next group of people.

Not sure where it ever said we have to make sure seniors are done before we move onto the next batch of people.

Although the article does state Alberta is one of the provinces that will look to giving it to younger people working in front line essential services.

Reactions: Skar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3