OT: Coronavirus XXXVI: Bat Scratch Fever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
I got an email from Fit4less saying gym is back open starting tomorrow. Just in time for leg day!
Ya I got an email from GoodLife saying they are opening and starting to withdraw payments tomorrow but go on to say no heavy weight lifting. Not really sure what to infer from that

Reactions: oilers'72

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
In fact in real situations where it has been used, ie the UK for example, it has not really been less effective for older people. The issue is that in the trials only about 10% of the volunteers were over 65 so the data set is not robust. They just don't know for sure how well it works based on the trials.

Out here one plan is to give the AZ vaccine to younger police and fire fighters. This makes sense because they fit in a relatvely low risk group as far as outcomes are concerned but a higher risk of infection with relatively minor or not symptoms. This is relevent becase preliminary studies suggest that the vaccine may significantly reduce asymtomatic spread.

The other thing about teh AZ numbers is that they are based on parts of the trials taking place in the UK, South Africa and Brazil so they include more exposure to the variants than the mRNA viruses. So comparing raw efficacy numbers is a bit apples to oranges.
Exactly, also at least Germany and Sweden are about to change their recommendations to allow for its use for the 65+ crowd. I mean if in doubt we can just wait a bit, and results will come in due to so many others moving forward.

edit: France just changed their recommendations, now it will be given to people up to the age of 75 instead of 65.

Last edited:

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Unfortunately AHS perfectly timed it with a data dump for Edmonton and Calgary numbers and R value somehow being higher today, after going down for weeks..

Sometimes you gotta wonder about the timing of the data.

From my eye though they didn't count many recoveries today. convenient.

Once one admits to oneself that those in power will intentionally deceive you to get what they think is good for them, you will find inner peace and will sleep well. ;)

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Ya I got an email from GoodLife saying they are opening and starting to withdraw payments tomorrow but go on to say no heavy weight lifting. Not really sure what to infer from that

Low intensity stuff only like yoga, light cardio (walking on treadmill basically) and light weight lifting. Basically anything which doesn't cause heavy perspiration and respiration.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Well I should be good then! Haha jokes aside that’s pretty lame. How do they determine what heavy lifting is?

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
My gf’s dad got his first shot of the vaccine yesterday. Maybe he’ll stop wearing an outfit similar to the very first scuba diving suits around me now!

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017

Alberta can deal with this easily Just ship it off to the the oilsands and they can burn up the shots on their workers.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Well I should be good then! Haha jokes aside that’s pretty lame. How do they determine what heavy lifting is?
My friend is an Olympic bobsledder and she’s losing her mind and saying the same thing. Like her “heavy” is a lot different than some non-Olympian.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
My friend is an Olympic bobsledder and she’s losing her mind and saying the same thing. Like her “heavy” is a lot different than some non-Olympian.
Haha guess she might have a hard time pushing that bobsled with only light lifting!

Honestly it’s another one of those rules that just kind of don’t make a lot of sense and people will half follow.

Reactions: oilers'72 and TB12

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005

People need not be surprised.

The two individuals running things do not know the word exercise, avoid harmful sunlight and prefer helping out McDonalds with free masks instead of promoting healthy living.

The premier and the Doctor are not healthy-living people.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Abbotsfield-3 cases. I'm trying to wrap my head around that. Socioeconomically we know that such areas are harder hit, and its not hit. This made sense during first waves because not many people would be travelling internationally in that region. But its hard to understand why the area has been one of the least impacted neighborhoods in Edmonton throughout the pandemic.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Abbotsfield-3 cases. I'm trying to wrap my head around that. Socioeconomically we know that such areas are harder hit, and its not hit. This made sense during first waves because not many people would be travelling internationally in that region. But its hard to understand why the area has been one of the least impacted neighborhoods in Edmonton throughout the pandemic.
No one goes there.;)

BigFuzzyDice

the giant Kane in your azz
Jul 8, 2016
Pre pandemic if you saw someone coming down the street there you crossed it.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011

Even Coronavirus is scared of Abbotsfield? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad