OT: Coronavirus XVIII: Some Vaccines Are Entering the Home Stretch for Sizable Human Testing Trials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Well, pulled the plug on our season tickets at the Mayfield Inn and Stage West today after several delays and credits offered. Long time ticket holders, and despite them opening up again this fall and taking as many measures as they possibly can, short of wrapping all customers in hazmat suits, none of us wanted to take the chance of transmission, and I suspect we will not be alone. Not to mention the fact, if we go out, not a lot of fun to be all masked up. And finally, you never know if they'll go into receivership in a year or so, and we get nothing back. Same thought process will happen for restaurants once the "summer patio season" is over. Take out only. I would have to think at least half of the restaurants will fold this winter, as less and less people come in. Only the ones with strong takeout/pickup policies will make it, and that will become the new normal. The weak will disappear.

Reactions: joestevens29

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The government may print money, and apparently you think it's an endless stream, if you keep building up debt, it will get to the point where you are unable to even keep up with the interest payments, and there will be LESS money for cirtical programs, or even none at all.

Reactions: oilers'72

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
The government may print money, and apparently you think it's an endless stream, if you keep building up debt, it will get to the point where you are unable to even keep up with the interest payments, and there will be LESS money for cirtical programs, or even none at all.

I never claimed it was endless. Stop making stuff up.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Well, pulled the plug on our season tickets at the Mayfield Inn and Stage West today after several delays and credits offered. Long time ticket holders, and despite them opening up again this fall and taking as many measures as they possibly can, short of wrapping all customers in hazmat suits, none of us wanted to take the chance of transmission, and I suspect we will not be alone. Not to mention the fact, if we go out, not a lot of fun to be all masked up. And finally, you never know if they'll go into receivership in a year or so, and we get nothing back. Same thought process will happen for restaurants once the "summer patio season" is over. Take out only. I would have to think at least half of the restaurants will fold this winter, as less and less people come in. Only the ones with strong takeout/pickup policies will make it, and that will become the new normal. The weak will disappear.

That's a tough choice both for you and the staff and entertainers. A buddy works that type of circuit in Vancouver and it's tough at the best of times. Hope they can keep going as we've been to the Mayfield a number of times over the last 35 years or so. Starting when I was a teen.

Reactions: joestevens29

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Just under 8000 tests too. First time in a while under 1%
I don't get how the calculate everything.

From people I know that got tested they were told 2-5 days or 3-5 days for results. So do we actually know how many tests are associated with the new cases?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
That's a tough choice both for you and the staff and entertainers. A buddy works that type of circuit in Vancouver and it's tough at the best of times. Hope they can keep going as we've been to the Mayfield a number of times over the last 35 years or so. Starting when I was a teen.
It was tough, and then, it wasn't. I mentioned to them, that when this is all over, we will definitely be back, as we really enjoy the top notch entertainment. I only hope we have something to come back to.

Reactions: Dorian2

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I know it's talked about before, but there are a lot of restaurants that should close. There were many struggling pre-covid. Too many people don't know what they are doing in the business world.

I do think the one positive is that in a year from now once places are shut down and vacant, people that are willing to put in the hard work should be able to open a business easier. Meaning some of these ridiculous rent prices should drop

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
I know it's talked about before, but there are a lot of restaurants that should close. There were many struggling pre-covid. Too many people don't know what they are doing in the business world.

I do think the one positive is that in a year from now once places are shut down and vacant, people that are willing to put in the hard work should be able to open a business easier. Meaning some of these ridiculous rent prices should drop
Even unsuccessful companies hire people and pay taxes.

Reactions: oilers'72
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad