OT: Coronavirus XIX: Coronavirus Sucks Mmmmkay.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I figured this thread was the best place to vent my feelings on everything going on. A catastrophic hurricane bearing down on Louisiana, the continued racial injustice in the U.S. and subsequent boycotting of NBA games in protest of racial injustice and, oh yeah, a continuing raging global pandemic that continues to destroy lives. I don't know about you guys but I'm numb to all of this and am just left shaking my head about....everything really.

Reactions: Dorian2

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I figured this thread was the best place to vent my feelings on everything going on. A catastrophic hurricane bearing down on Louisiana, the continued racial injustice in the U.S. and subsequent boycotting of NBA games in protest of racial injustice and, oh yeah, a continuing raging global pandemic that continues to destroy lives. I don't know about you guys but I'm numb to all of this and am just left shaking my head about....everything really.

There's always perspective, of course. Things are pretty grim at the moment, just hold on to what you have.

Unfortunately whenever things seem to be getting better something happens to make them worse. It's difficult to ignore it...

Here's hoping that things get better before the calendar rolls over.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
There's always perspective, of course. Things are pretty grim at the moment, just hold on to what you have.

Unfortunately whenever things seem to be getting better something happens to make them worse. It's difficult to ignore it...

My life is going ok on a personal level and I actually feel really fortunate in particular that my job is continuing to pay me in full to work from home and come in voluntarily every other week but it's hard to ignore the chaos going on in the U.S. in particular.

Just when even the slightest glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel appears, it immediately gets overshadowed by even more darkness than previously. It's overwhelming really.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
My life is going ok on a personal level and I actually feel really fortunate in particular that my job is continuing to pay me in full to work from home and come in voluntarily every other week but it's hard to ignore the chaos going on in the U.S. in particular. It's overwhelming really.
Same on all points. I love that country and feel bad for it. the USA is basically my second home, but I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Does this really have anything do to with Covid? Or is this the newspaper collapse 2.0?

Seems like blaming Covid is the easy thing to do for the companies that have been failing

Their using the Covid-19 reason:

OTTAWA — Private radio and television broadcasters are sounding the alarm about the state of their industry. The industry says the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic could lead to the closure of dozens of stations across the country.

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Their using the Covid-19 excuse:

OTTAWA — Private radio and television broadcasters are sounding the alarm about the state of their industry. The industry says the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic could lead to the closure of dozens of stations across the country.

Advertising revenue is a pretty major source of income for these types of companies. Probably the first thing a number of companies cut because of the Covid issue. I'm not sure if it's as much of an excuse as a fact of life for broadcasting. Kinda sucks actually.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Advertising revenue is a pretty major source of income for these types of companies. Probably the first thing a number of companies cut because of the Covid issue. I'm not sure if it's as much of an excuse as a fact of life for broadcasting. Kinda sucks actually.

It was wrong of me to say excuse.

I've replaced excuse with reason.

Reactions: Dorian2

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
It was wrong of me to say excuse.

I've replaced excuse with reason.

I'm curious how many tech jobs were lost in the advertising realm or are about to be cut. If companies are cutting adverts, a number of artists in the computer generated graphics area's and related are probably getting a bit of a pinch as well. It's unfortunate that so many types of jobs we don't see in plain site, or that don't directly affect our lives, including the music production field are being wiped out entirely in some cases. I'm hopeful we'll bounce back in time and use this lesson to our advantage. A lot of specialties are being wiped out at the moment.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Seemingly this is what the news of today results in. The prescription is less news watching and particularly of the world is ending variety. I mean what is the goal of all this. I'll post the meme

Oon8H3O.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad