OT: corey perry signs with ana 8yrs 66m

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
good for him

not worth anywhere near that much and the thought of the Wings offering him a contract like that made me somewhat afraid

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
He was never coming to Detroit but I wonder if they're doing this to keep him or to deal him.

I doubt Anaheim can afford to spend more than a quarter of their cap space on two guys. Especially when they're spending $15 mil under the cap.

sully6one

Unregistered User
Aug 6, 2011
Michigan
Bobby Ryan is still signed for next year. If they have to move someone it'll probably be Hiller to Philadelphia when they buyout Bryzgalov.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
He was never coming to Detroit but I wonder if they're doing this to keep him or to deal him.

I doubt Anaheim can afford to spend more than a quarter of their cap space on two guys. Especially when they're spending $15 mil under the cap.

He will have a full NMC just like Getzlaf. This is well within their budget and plan would be my guess as much as people starve for one of their big three to be made available.

I do think like was already stated in a different thread and once here, Hiller's days are numbered if they need to move some salary.

Thats My Hat

Jan 27, 2012
London, Ontario
According to TSN, he signed for 8 years, 69M. They'll have around 10M to resign/sign 8 players for next season, unless they're looking towards buying someone out and bringing in cheaper players.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

If they keep him and the cap doesn't continue to raise considerably year-to-year, they're in cap hell.

In addition, I don't see Ryan aging particulary well at all.

RedWingsNow*

Teams will have one year to suck it up and then the cap will grow again.
Teams with internal caps, however, could have trouble

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010

They'd better be doing it to keep him, because nobody will take him at that price. A guy who has averaged 32 goals per season in the league and does not possess notable defensive skills is assuredly not worth upwards of $8m.

Hammerheart

Now how about a hug?
Aug 1, 2011
They'd better be doing it to keep him, because nobody will take him at that price. A guy who has averaged 32 goals per season in the league and does not possess notable defensive skills is assuredly not worth upwards of $8m.

Welcome to the new CBA.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Next target:

Nathan Horton

If this is the case, I'd like to see Detroit become Boston 2.0.

Depth throughout the line up, every line can score and play defense, although more puck possession than grinding.

Definitely this. It keep the caphits in good control and one bad contract doesn't force to bad contracts throughout the roster.

Teams will have one year to suck it up and then the cap will grow again.
Teams with internal caps, however, could have trouble

Interesting to see how Anaheim will survive with their internal cap in the future.

From Forbes figures, I counted it somewhere at ~57 million from 2011-12 season. They pretty much had an income of 47 million, and on purpose went to 10 million losses, to make that loss even with maximum 10 million of revenue sharing. So they operate with zero result.

They have nice young and cheap prospects there (Palmieri, Smith-Pelly, Etem, Bonino, Holland) and Selänne possibly retiring and making room. But the question is, what happens after those cheap prospects hit on their 2nd contract, when those two mammoth contracts are setting the team hierarchy.

Last edited:

crashman

If it improves the Wings chances of acquiring Bobby Ryan, then this is great news!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
According to TSN, he signed for 8 years, 69M. They'll have around 10M to resign/sign 8 players for next season, unless they're looking towards buying someone out and bringing in cheaper players.

They have lot of good kids. Move Hiller. Maybe Allen. They aren't in trouble imo.

Next target:

Nathan Horton

Eg. Franzen 2.0

Interesting to see how Anaheim will survive with their internal cap in the future.

From Forbes figures, I counted it somewhere at ~57 million from 2011-12 season. They pretty much had an income of 47 million, and on purpose went to 10 million losses, to make that loss even with maximum 10 million of revenue sharing. So they operate with zero result.

They have nice young and cheap prospects there (Palmieri, Smith-Pelly, Etem, Bonino, Holland) and Selänne possibly retiring and making room. But the question is, what happens after those cheap prospects hit on their 2nd contract, when those two mammoth contracts are setting the team hierarchy.

Anaheim owner Samueli has money. If the team is competitive he might want to spend it. That's the hope for Anaheim fans anyway.

If you're operating on zero result as you said, you're basically making money as franchise value increases.

I don't see second contracts for those kids being an issue bc of these recent signings. UFA vs. RFA.

You can always get second contract cheap unless you're kids are superstars or named Ryan O'Reilly.

The issues might arise when Getz and Perry are well in to their 30s.. Can they maintain this level of play?

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00