News Article: Contract Extention-Cory Schneider in talks with Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
sure there is, but sometimes you have to take a risk. and we cannot afford to lose him, especially after passing on guys like Horvat and Nichushkin to do it.

Pretty much this. We already are heavily invested in him. Honestly the money is secondary at this point.

Plus it's not a huge risk. More reason to believe he can do it then he can't.

This is going to get done. He wants his assurances and apparently he has already gotten some from Lou according to this.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Besides for Pittsburgh and Minnesota, I have no clue where he thinks hes getting a contract from. If neither of them offer him a contract, then I really hope he doesn't come crawling back to Lou.

The whole thing is idiotic. He needs to retire.

He'll have more suitors than you think. If a contender can get Marty as a backup they'll be salivating. That's a huge safety net. I could easily see a team like the Sharks bringing him on as a backup.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
He'll have more suitors than you think. If a contender can get Marty as a backup they'll be salivating. That's a huge safety net. I could easily see a team like the Sharks bringing him on as a backup.

lol I HIGHLY doubt it. we heard about all those teams that were interested in him last trade deadline and look what happeend.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Sharks seem like they're working on bringing Alex Stalock back. I could stomach Brodeur being a backup in Chicago (good team, chance at a Cup), although I could understand if they'd rather just get somebody like an Al Montoya (Chicago native) instead. I feel like San Jose is more likely to bring in a guy like Ryan Miller to start than to bring in Marty to backup.

Just going off the top of my head......

ANA: Andersen/Gibson/Hiller (UFA)
SJS: Niemi/Stalock (impending UFA, but possibly being kept)
LAK: Quick/Jones
PHX: Smith/Greiss (UFA)
VAN: Lack/Markstrom
CAL: Ramo/Ortio
EDM: Fasth/Scrivens

COL: Varlamov/Berra
STL: Elliott/Allen/Miller (UFA)
CHI: Crawford/Raanta
MIN: Backstrom/Harding (don't know his status)/Kuemper/Bryzgalov (UFA)
DAL: Lehtonen/Thomas (UFA)
NSH: Rinne/Hutton
WPG: Pavelec/Montoya (UFA)

BOS: Rask/Johnson (UFA)
TBL: Bishop/Lindback (RFA)
MON: Price/Budaj/Tokarski
DET: Howard/Gustavsson (UFA)
OTT: Anderson/Lehner
TOR: Bernier/Reimer (RFA)
FLO: Luongo/Ellis
BUF: Neuvirth/Enroth

PIT: Fleury/Zatkoff
NYR: Lundqvist/Talbot
PHI: Mason/Emery (UFA)
CLB: Bobrovsky/McIlhenny (UFA)
WSH: Holtby/Grubauer
CAR: Khudobin/Ward/Peters (UFA)
NYI: Halak/Nabokov (UFA, may re-sign)/Poulin (RFA)

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
Sharks seem like they're working on bringing Alex Stalock back. I could stomach Brodeur being a backup in Chicago (good team, chance at a Cup), although I could understand if they'd rather just get somebody like an Al Montoya (Chicago native) instead. I feel like San Jose is more likely to bring in a guy like Ryan Miller to start than to bring in Marty to backup.

Just going off the top of my head......

ANA: Andersen/Gibson/Hiller (UFA)
SJS: Niemi/Stalock (impending UFA, but possibly being kept)
LAK: Quick/Jones
PHX: Smith/Greiss (UFA)
VAN: Lack/Markstrom
CAL: Ramo/Ortio
EDM: Fasth/Scrivens

COL: Varlamov/Berra
STL: Elliott/Allen/Miller (UFA)
CHI: Crawford/Raanta
MIN: Backstrom/Harding (don't know his status)/Kuemper/Bryzgalov (UFA)
DAL: Lehtonen/Thomas (UFA)
NSH: Rinne/Hutton
WPG: Pavelec/Montoya (UFA)

BOS: Rask/Johnson (UFA)
TBL: Bishop/Lindback (RFA)
MON: Price/Budaj/Tokarski
DET: Howard/Gustavsson (UFA)
OTT: Anderson/Lehner
TOR: Bernier/Reimer (RFA)
FLO: Luongo/Ellis
BUF: Neuvirth/Enroth

PIT: Fleury/Zatkoff
NYR: Lundqvist/Talbot
PHI: Mason/Emery (UFA)
CLB: Bobrovsky/McIlhenny (UFA)
WSH: Holtby/Grubauer
CAR: Khudobin/Ward/Peters (UFA)
NYI: Halak/Nabokov (UFA, may re-sign)/Poulin (RFA)

Chicago has cap issues and they have to give monster extensions to Toews and Kane this summer. I doubt they'll spend much on a backup goalie next year. Raanta seemed fine when called upon last year anyway.

I could see Detroit being an option if Gustavsson leaves.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
there's just way too much risk. why would you burn bridges with your current backup to replace them with a goalie for like 1 year? if he's gonna go backup, he's gonna end up back here anyway.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Ya idk. Marty has been blowing a lot of wind all year. I could easily see him testing the market and come running back because I don't know who is going to sign him. Pitt maybe?

I mean does Chicago need a back up? The Montreal ship has certainly sailed.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Screen_Shot_2014_06_06_at_5_45_37_PM.png

In before somebody points out all the losses on that game log.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cory's fault for not making that huge game changing save brahhsss!:sarcasm:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Looks like Schneider is most likely going to be locked up as soon as the Devils hand him the keys to the car at least Lou is not waiting around

StnTwnDevil

May 15, 2012
NJ
if hes not signed this summer, he is a goner.

he had a rough 3-4 game stretch in the beginning of March but aside from that he basically did not allow more than 2 goals/game...

Regarding whether he'd be gone if they don't sign him this off-season. I don't think that's necessarily the case. Goalies are a different animal come FA. There aren't that many starting goalie spots on each team. In a lot of cases, he'd be competing against another decent goaltender if he signed somewhere else. If Brodeur is out, Schneider will sign. Though Schneider says that it has nothing to do with Brodeur, his 60 game comment has everything to do with him. Brodeur will be out of the picture this year or next year, so I don't see Schneider signing being too much of an issue.

liquid1988

Oct 14, 2013
Exit 88 GSPW
Wow at Brodeur's announcement a few hours after the Cory info. I highly doubt anyone is going to pick him up for the 4.5 mill price tag he comes with. I'm sure we will see him again one last time this season

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Wow at Brodeur's announcement a few hours after the Cory info. I highly doubt anyone is going to pick him up for the 4.5 mill price tag he comes with. I'm sure we will see him again one last time this season

I don't want him at $4.5 million. Too expensive for a backup.

I hope Marty really means what he says and that he won't be back.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I honestly think they are connected. Cory mentioned he wanted assurances he would get 60+ games and that Lou has started to assure him that will be the case.

Assuming that is true then he must of told Marty the same thing. Marty obviously doesn't want to only play like 20 games so he says what he says.

Marty's problem is will there be a team that can contend that will offer him more games then that? I highly doubt it.

devsfan4life

Aug 13, 2007
FL
Besides for Pittsburgh and Minnesota, I have no clue where he thinks hes getting a contract from. If neither of them offer him a contract, then I really hope he doesn't come crawling back to Lou.

The whole thing is idiotic. He needs to retire.

Will be very sad to see him in another uniform come next season but it has to be done.

My grandfather works in NYC in the same building that the NHL offices are in.
He knows Jim Burns (Pat's cousin) He told him a few days ago that he is pretty sure Brodeur will sign with Montreal,
because Price is going to be out until at least mid-season. Take it for what it's worth.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

That's not how it works, it wasn't an announcement

Cory's story came out so other reporters wanted to build off of the story/get an update and got in touch with Marty

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Chicago has cap issues and they have to give monster extensions to Toews and Kane this summer. I doubt they'll spend much on a backup goalie next year. Raanta seemed fine when called upon last year anyway.

I could see Detroit being an option if Gustavsson leaves.

Can't imagine Marty commanding a huge salary on the open market. I'd expect Chicago to get a new backup. Didn't seem like they were trusting Raanta with any starts down the stretch. Like I mentioned, they could easily go with somebody like Al Montoya instead of Marty. Unless they signed Marty to some incentive laden deal, his contract wouldn't affect Toews/Kane's extensions.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
My grandfather works in NYC in the same building that the NHL offices are in.
He knows Jim Burns (Pat's cousin) He told him a few days ago that he is pretty sure Brodeur will sign with Montreal,
because Price is going to be out until at least mid-season. Take it for what it's worth.

I dont see price being out till mid season,He was already on the ice skating and doing drills during the rangers series. He prob would have played game 7

tycobb

Jun 28, 2011
I said he was solid, but didn't look the same after the break, there were games when the team played good d and he let him some awful goals

You understand his last 5 starts he let up...

Start 41 - 2 goals
Start 42 - 1 goal
Start 43 - 1 goal
Start 44 - 1 goal
Start 45 - 1 goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad